Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I have the LSD kit but never tried it on the RRR. I tried on the FW05 and it made the car undrivable.
I also tried it on the FW05, it just made me crash too easily, and robbed a load of steering.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you can find a picture on the Kyosho website I think.
thanks...i'll check it out...
Old 05-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use brake too and you can adjust it so that it's just enought to slow you down without spinning you out.

The ATL function on Futaba`s transmitters is a really excellent feature to fine-tune the brake when running a front one way....just dial in the % of brake according to track conditions
Old 05-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

when i make my rear shocks to the exact size of the manual, the shocks are too short and they pull the rear droop up some... now, when i make the shocks longer so that they do not pull the droop up, the ball cup is not screwed in too far. when i get into any kindof accident, the ball cup comes off the shock... has anyone had this problem??? what should i do?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joemugen
when i make my rear shocks to the exact size of the manual, the shocks are too short and they pull the rear droop up some... now, when i make the shocks longer so that they do not pull the droop up, the ball cup is not screwed in too far. when i get into any kindof accident, the ball cup comes off the shock... has anyone had this problem??? what should i do?
Make it like the manual. It's not too short. You don't need all that droop. My rear droop is set at 6-7mm from the bottom of the chassis measured at the hub.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Make it like the manual. It's not too short. You don't need all that droop. My rear droop is set at 6-7mm from the bottom of the chassis measured at the hub.
the stock setup says to use 4... so i guess if i go to 6 i wont have a problem then. what kind of difference as far as performance will going from 4 to 6 do? thanks jeffreylin
Old 05-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

the stock setup says to use 4... so i guess if i go to 6 i wont have a problem then. what kind of difference as far as performance will going from 4 to 6 do? thanks jeffreylin
Joe, I don't have the manul with me so I don't know where that 4 is measured from. Different points of measurement yields different reading of the same set up.

Also, did you check if you built the shock in the right length per manul? If you do you only screw in the ball cup half way. Use a caliper to measure the length of the shock.

Finally on the droop. I run relative small tires (generally 57/59) and 6-7mm gives plenty of droop. if you run bigger tires you probably need even less (as in 8-9mm). For a simple explaination on effects of droop setting, read the following:

http://www.donegal.flyer.co.uk/car%20setup%20guide.htm
Old 05-29-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Joe, I don't have the manul with me so I don't know where that 4 is measured from. Different points of measurement yields different reading of the same set up.

Also, did you check if you built the shock in the right length per manul? If you do you only screw in the ball cup half way. Use a caliper to measure the length of the shock.

Finally on the droop. I run relative small tires (generally 57/59) and 6-7mm gives plenty of droop. if you run bigger tires you probably need even less (as in 8-9mm). For a simple explaination on effects of droop setting, read the following:

http://www.donegal.flyer.co.uk/car%20setup%20guide.htm
jefferylin, thanks for your help.
Old 05-29-2005, 10:37 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sedan Body

Which sedan body do you guys recomend for this car??
Old 05-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

the 4mm is measured at the unused roll bar mounts on the underside of the suspension arm.

If you want more droop then use the medium ball cups on the shocks, that should give you another 2/3mm.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NiMo
the 4mm is measured at the unused roll bar mounts on the underside of the suspension arm.
I see. I don't use that because they have been destroyed long time ago
Old 05-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Tech Master

Arrow

Originally Posted by wad
Which sedan body do you guys recomend for this car??
Protoform MAZDA 6 or the DODGE STRATUS 3
Old 05-30-2005, 03:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ball bearings

I know there is an issue with many 3 racing parts, Has anyone tried their bearing set yet?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Just been looking up the V-one S3 manual (pull-start version of RRR) and they appear to have a new style front spool which looks like the one-way unit.
Part number is VZ048 and should be priced around $5
Old 05-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by buboy28
Protoform MAZDA 6 or the DODGE STRATUS 3
Yep the Protoform Mazda 6 is very good indeed....is the Dodge Stratus 3 released in 200mm?.....I`d only seen the 190mm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.