Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speed6
Hey people, i am having problems installing the turnbuckle between the steering servo and servo saver as it seems that its really tight. What servo horn measurment do you suggest as i beleive that mine is way to long. Also the plastic turnbuckle end parts seem to bind with the servo saver and servo horn resulting in not a smooth turn. Tried shaving a bit the plastic and it did get better but still not happy with result.

Thanks
the distance from the center of the servo shaft to the center of the ball end on the servo horn should be about 17mm (you may have to drill a new hole on the servo horn), and the length of the linkage should be about 38mm from one end to the other, if using the stock ball ends....

Last edited by xtremes; 08-07-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

One other thing, you have to make sure that the servo horn and the servo saver line up correctly by using the appropriate spacers when mounting the servo.....
Old 08-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys,

I have gotten a couple of emails about the 2-speed and how to keep it from wobbling and also about the roller weights that go in the shoes. I have been using filed down set screws in my shoes to have the ability to remove the wobble. I think if you inspect or monitor the 2-speed every so often then it should last a long time. I am still running the originals on my car and will likely just now change for my next race. I have run at least 5 gallons on the car and this way has worked pretty good.

If you need the part number for spare roller weights it is CAP-2128

I heard the Italian's change them after 2.5 to 3 gallons, but I would just inspect and change as needed. Like I said, mine have lasted a while with the method I use.

Hope this helps anyone that was looking to get rid of the wobble, even though the wobble does not hurt performance, it just wears out the parts faster.

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Switch Holder

Hey guys how did you mount the switch since i want to make life easier for my pitman
Old 08-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We fabricated another graphite plate and mounted right above the steering servo, that is where the transponder and switch is mounted, see below pictures:

We even adapted the Serpent receiver mount and cover for added insurance
Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Finally i'm making a post about the Lab C801. I bought the kit awhile back since it was my first time ever putting a kit together it was pretty straight forward. Asking questions to a few knowledgeable friends helped me put the kit together nice and clean without any hiccups. This past weekend I was finally able to get the car to go where ever I pointed her. Took me, being a newbie about 2-3 race weekends to get her just right in high grip conditions.
I still have much more to learn and test out as I just started RC racing this season.

Overall I really like the car, shes pretty, clean and goes where I want her to go. Now I just need to get better at driving and i'll be some what competitive. For anyone looking into buying this kit, the Lab handles great and can handle newbie driving mistakes into the boards lol take my words for it. The kits material is strong, I was pretty surprised at the speed these cars go that this kit could handle a beating from me.

Even though the parts "may" be a little more expensive compared to the competitors, but coming from the real race car world you always get what you pay for and I believe that goes with everything. A+ kit for me I enjoy driving mine!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Good to hear Jay. Glad to see your enjoying your season and the Lab. I wish I was racing up north with you guys at Floyd.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Default For sale

2 chasis for sale:

No. 1

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ce-no-1-a.html

No. 2

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ce-no-2-a.html
Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hey beebone seems like you are jumping ship, how come??
Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Angry Gear Stripping Problems

Hello Everyone, I am wondering if anyone faced gear stripping problems? I had stripped many spur gears to-date. Mainly second speed. Checked on the second speed and it seemed okay. Grub screws are not protruding from the 2 speed shoes like what DJ had mentioned in his earlier post. Engine mount ensured to be perpedicular and gear meshing tried with both tight or a little lose. Did not solve the problem. I am on the verge of losing patience on solving this. Any suggestions or helps rendered is much appreciated.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

:-(

Last edited by xtremes; 08-15-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bullygod
Hello Everyone, I am wondering if anyone faced gear stripping problems? I had stripped many spur gears to-date. Mainly second speed. Checked on the second speed and it seemed okay. Grub screws are not protruding from the 2 speed shoes like what DJ had mentioned in his earlier post. Engine mount ensured to be perpedicular and gear meshing tried with both tight or a little lose. Did not solve the problem. I am on the verge of losing patience on solving this. Any suggestions or helps rendered is much appreciated.
I had the same issue with 2nd gear. When I spun the spurs with my hand I would see 2nd gear wobbling. Make sure you're using the smallest flat head screws for the housing. I bought a new 2nd gear housing and all is good thus far 3 races later no wobble...
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bullygod
I have had that problem, where only 2nd spur gear strips.. One day I stripped 6 2nd gears. I was using 20T / 25T.

I went back to stock 20T / 24T and never stripped again.

My 2nd gear spur also has a slight wobble, but works perfectly with the stock pinions but not with 25t pinion.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

If the he is not missing those connectors in the rear bulkheads then the wobble is most likely the reason his car is stripping spur gears, but the spur gears in my car wobble and I have not stripped a single one....bullygod, check to see if you have those pieces on your car !
Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys,

Well this past weekend I tested the new aluminum bell and liked it. It has a very different feel to it, but for me it is how I like to drive. This clutch is not meant to slip. I used all the same setting, but with the spring not as tight. I would even say you could try a softer spring, but I did not have any. I basically run the spring tension from the normal .7 to .8 that I start at to .4 to .5 of thread showing. Using the same gap of .65 to .75.

This was tested on a high bite track. For low traction I would stay closer to the .6 gap range and maybe around .4 of thread showing.

You will notice that on the box the clutch looks to engage immediately, but on the track for the first lap it almost sounds tight.

DJ Apolaro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.