Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
I would say 14mm is fine, and I would only in rare cases go further than 14mm. You know that the body posts are eccentric? So depending on which way they are set now, you can move the body a bit to the front or rear. You can use this for fine tuning if you have a little to much steering, move the body backwards and vice versa.

Yes, moving the body back or forth can be used as a set-up tuning depending on the track you run. But I would find a standard position that suits me, and only turn the body post for fine tuning when needed. Rest of the tuning I would do on the car set-up.
I thank you for your reply.
I forgot that the body posts are eccentric... i'm going to check the actual position.
On more question about the way to do the holes in the body at the right position!
How could be sure of the position of the front holes? The supports are not on the horizontal level and according the final high of the body on these supports, the body could be more forward or backward. Not so easy to have the 14mm without reference on the body?
Old 03-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pioupiou
I thank you for your reply.
I forgot that the body posts are eccentric... i'm going to check the actual position.
On more question about the way to do the holes in the body at the right position!
How could be sure of the position of the front holes? The supports are not on the horizontal level and according the final high of the body on these supports, the body could be more forward or backward. Not so easy to have the 14mm without reference on the body?
No problem :-)...

I see your point, and agree that is a bit tricky. To be honest, I just do it as precise as I can and donīt mind a little +/-.... I use the magnets from Pit Shark it makes it a lot easier. Proline/Protoform also makes a similar tool... Or you could make a template from an old body, then you can make trial and error until you get 14mm....

Thereīs also the pre-cut body from Capricorn that fits the C801 and C802, itīs really nice. And really popular, my team drivers really likes it.... I dont remember the distance, but if you like I can check for you later today....

You are always welcome to email me at :

nikolaj (at) rc-netshop.dk
Attached Thumbnails Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-capricorn-c801c802-pre-cut-body-light-weight.jpg   Capricorn LAB C801 1/8 scale-pitsharkholeshot-2.jpg  
Old 03-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

anybody know the lb rating of the silver springs front and rear?
Old 03-30-2015, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all
I just bought the version 2 rear sway bar but can't seem to work out how it fits on. If anyone is using this bar could you please put a photo up of how it should look. We've got our titles this weekend so need to sort it ASAP. Thanks guys
Old 04-29-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RC-Netshop.dk
No problem :-)...

I see your point, and agree that is a bit tricky. To be honest, I just do it as precise as I can and donīt mind a little +/-.... I use the magnets from Pit Shark it makes it a lot easier. Proline/Protoform also makes a similar tool... Or you could make a template from an old body, then you can make trial and error until you get 14mm....

Thereīs also the pre-cut body from Capricorn that fits the C801 and C802, itīs really nice. And really popular, my team drivers really likes it.... I dont remember the distance, but if you like I can check for you later today....

You are always welcome to email me at :

nikolaj (at) rc-netshop.dk
Thanks Nikolaj for details about the body.
I should buy the pre cut body next time. It needs too many time to cut the body. I hate cut and paint the body... It would be an artist to do the best result.
Special thanks to MR painting. He painted my bodyshell.
I will post the pics when i will be allowed to post them on the forum
Old 06-09-2016, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Hi!
I got this exactly:

I want to make it brushless.
I know i need to make same baterys wings for lipo...no problem... also the motor mount no problem.

Thing now is that 2 spurs thing.... how can i make it only to one spur and locked? Or if not locked with no brake pads for brake servo....

What parts name?

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=2540

-Single speed flange? What does that... uses only one spur? And that spur is fixed or one way bearing thing? I want reverse...

And this pinion gearing bushing is what?

Let me know...or point me in the right direction to ask on this forum!

Thanks

On this video there is a pin on the shaft... minute 1,31"...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB7_vj9pe_A
I think i do not have that on my Capricorn... but that pin makes sense for a hub sit in there and make the shaft spin foward or reversed... my is a one way bearing thing...

What am i missing?

This is the eletric version:

-My only thing buggin me...is that shaft...The spur is she secured with what?

Last edited by targetingxmod; 06-09-2016 at 09:51 AM.