Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro? yo....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

i wouldn't go out there with rubbers if i were you.
ok check this out. most ppl at rams are running with $1000 plus car (including engine) and we really don't want to end our race day with broken car just because there was a touring car out there with rubber tires on. your tires might last for some time but it simply doesn't work on rams track with tons of vht.
now don't get me wrong here. i'm not here to discourage you or keep you from running at Rams. just don't make a mistake that might hurt other ppl's big investments.

now the rccar on the other hand is a different story. i don't know how they practice these days since i haven't ran there in awhile. but when eric was around, we used to have controlled practice. where novice practice as a same group and experts vice versa.
and speed is a big issue here as well. impact during crash with 8th scale is much greater than with touring car due to weight and speed involved.
so why not try get some practice done at rccar and when u are ready and willing to put big bucks, go with outlaw class at rams.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Hey

I have a sence that the guys at RC Racing are being assholes

So can you guys give me some true info:

How many race days does a gallon of nitro last

How many race days would a good set of foam tires last too?
YES we are being a****s but if you look back at your previous posts: ie useless & fake info, complaining and unsportsman conduct, you would kind see WHY.... I tried giving you honest info, and in a few of your posts you mention how you cant afford much and I offered you reasons why Nitro wouldnt be a good choice and yet you still ask these questions after they have been answered. YOu brought this on yourself... and now it seems you can't take what you have dished out.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hard Jokur
YES we are being a****s but if you look back at your previous posts: ie useless & fake info, complaining and unsportsman conduct, you would kind see WHY.... I tried giving you honest info, and in a few of your posts you mention how you cant afford much and I offered you reasons why Nitro wouldnt be a good choice and yet you still ask these questions after they have been answered. YOu brought this on yourself... and now it seems you can't take what you have dished out.
Brought what on myself? I don't feel I brought anything on to anyone.

Why wouldn't nitro be a good choice. Atleast in nitro I can drive my car more than once a month. In electric THATS ALL I GET AND IT SUCKS! I'm not willing to accept that so I went out and found a solution. Nitro

My plan now is to run some bargin-bin foams (TRC, 6mm hex) on race days and on the fun-days (non-points) I'll make up some hard-compound rubbers to practice with.

I hope you do know n1technik that if you feel your club is exclusive, I think anyone willing to put down that much on a car then paying $30 for ROAR, $30 for club fees, $80 on a personal makes your club exclusive enough and I think anyone who would pay that much would come willing to do well & wanting to race. I think those fees and the seriousness of your club also cancel bashers & wanna-bes from your equasion. Doesn't that kinda say something about me?

BTW: False info? WTF? I may have told someone something wrong by mistake or an opinion but I don't delibritely tell people fasle information
Old 07-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

wow... amazing how ****** **** ****** *** ***.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:18 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by PSI Racing
How long are the mains at your local track?
The A mains at RAMS are 30 minutes. If the turnout is light, which it hasn't been at all this year, then they can go as long as 45 minutes. With the A mains at 30 minutes the B mains will usually be 20, C mains 15 or 10, and everything else either 10 or 5. If TBK had raced last weekend then he would of had a 20 minute main, minimum.

TBK, I hope you liked what you saw last weekend. RAMS is a great place to race!

Also, I've been watching your thread on this subject at RCRacing and I don't think I've read anyone purposely give you bad information or lie about anything. In fact, several people appear to be going out of their way to answer all of your questions. To then turn around and call them names on this board is not cool...

Anyway, if/when you make it out to RAMS don't hesitate to come see me if you need any help.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KMW
TBK, I hope you liked what you saw last weekend. RAMS is a great place to race!

Also, I've been watching your thread on this subject at RCRacing and I don't think I've read anyone purposely give you bad information or lie about anything. In fact, several people appear to be going out of their way to answer all of your questions. To then turn around and call them names on this board is not cool...

Anyway, if/when you make it out to RAMS don't hesitate to come see me if you need any help.
Yes I liked what I saw at RAMS, I decided to get into it.

Yeah, my green-ness kinda bit me in the behind, thankfully the nitro croud is generally kind and understanding

Thanks a lot Kev, We'll be meeting up 2-3-maybe 4 weekends a month rather than the usual once.