Tech Initiate

Default The force to regain the nt1 ground; V One R4 by Kyosho

The force to regain the nt1 ground; V One R4 by Kyosho
Full detailed pics!
http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=58863
Old 10-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

yes!! first to reply!

The R4 is definitely looking good!! Seems they've changed the front diff and the ackerman from the looks of it, diff looks a little smaller and not so bulky looking. Rear diff looks the same from what I can see.
I like the idea of using grub screws to hold the pulleys on the shaft, better than having pins that wear out after a while.
Vented brake disk, smaller 2 speed unit?
Rear rollbar looks as if it's just sitting there!!
The belt tensioner is much better than the Evo2, easier and more adjustable.
The caster has waaay more adjustability, than the Evo2 - much finer adjustments can be made because of thinner clip things
The way the gears are held on are almost the same as the Mugen MTX-3

All in all, a very VERY good looking prototype!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kai888
sorry guys, i'm just a noob, but is this a replacement for the rrr evo 2?
i get confused with all the rrr and the non evo ones etc
Yes this is the replacement for the RRR Evo2.

Any thoughts on whether those bulk heads are alloy or not? A friend reckons those fine ridge marks on the bulk heads are machining marks but I'm not so sure. The new front arms have the same marks on them, so it looks to be a new plastic to me.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

i think in this particular one, they are jus moulded plastic or something, definitely not alloy. Maybe for the final one, they might become alloy? Would be a nice touch to it.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Kyosho V-One R4 200mm chassis - Prototype images

PROTOTYPE PHOTOS

More photos of the prototype model here.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want one!It looks good as always.Waiting for a compatibility table also,seems that the fuel tank,uprights are interchangeable
Congrats Kyosho and all who posted these wonderful pics.

Last edited by 30Tooth; 10-15-2010 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Add pieces i thought would be compatible
Old 10-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
i think in this particular one, they are jus moulded plastic or something, definitely not alloy. Maybe for the final one, they might become alloy? Would be a nice touch to it.
Usually prototype cars are alloy and then plastic if they make it that far. I've heard it takes about 10,000 units to make a plastic mold worthwhile in our industry over CNC because of how cheap they can make alloy parts these days. Molds have to be sized for the plastic to be poured and then cured and when you use different plastics it usually changes size unless you change your process dramatically. Wheel manufacturers went through this when the "lightweight" wheels all came out because they would shrink too much with the original process. This is also the reason why the molds for todays parts contain so many pieces that we don't use, it was easier to just leave it than machine it out of the mold.

I only see alloy in the rear lower hinge pin which may or may not make production but I think multiple toe/antisquat plates would be cool like most offroad cars have since inboard toe is different than what you can achieve on the pivot balls. A lot of that plastic seems machined/too straight for current molds but I think kyosho is going for the long term which would be plastic.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Just tell me when (where) I can purchase one.....
Old 10-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Front shaft block?

I'll still see they still have the front shaft block has drive pulley to front diff in between the block sides. Won't they make a smaller block and mount the pullies to outside for easy belt change??

That needs work! IMO

Originally Posted by nikoskar
PROTOTYPE PHOTOS

More photos of the prototype model here.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bighurt98
I'll still see they still have the front shaft block has drive pulley to front diff in between the block sides. Won't they make a smaller block and mount the pullies to outside for easy belt change??

That needs work! IMO
that seems to be an alloy part, perhaps new for this kit but it was common to use the SP center pulley mount that was aluminum before. perhaps they just took the color off of it because shimo likes silver. those designs where they belt can be pealed off without many e-clips are nice but i can still do a front belt in only a few minutes.

btw, that is still the 184 front belt so not much is changing. the side is 384 and the rear doesn't seem to be a prototype so I'm guessing it is the standard rear belt from before.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
Usually prototype cars are alloy and then plastic if they make it that far. I've heard it takes about 10,000 units to make a plastic mold worthwhile in our industry over CNC because of how cheap they can make alloy parts these days. Molds have to be sized for the plastic to be poured and then cured and when you use different plastics it usually changes size unless you change your process dramatically. Wheel manufacturers went through this when the "lightweight" wheels all came out because they would shrink too much with the original process. This is also the reason why the molds for todays parts contain so many pieces that we don't use, it was easier to just leave it than machine it out of the mold.
That makes a whole lot of sense, but...

I only see alloy in the rear lower hinge pin which may or may not make production but I think multiple toe/antisquat plates would be cool like most offroad cars have since inboard toe is different than what you can achieve on the pivot balls. A lot of that plastic seems machined/too straight for current molds but I think kyosho is going for the long term which would be plastic.
I guess I can't see what is alloy or not since I don't really know what I'm looking for!! I see the word "alloy" I think of a metal-looking piece. It all looks plastic to me
EDIT: Actually, I do see what I think you are refering to as the rear lower hinge pin being "alloy." I see that being alloy, but that's the only one I can see. The rest looks plastic to me.

Last edited by DJ_Shakespear; 10-15-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Missed Info
Old 10-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

great looking design. the shimo was a beast, this should be even better. looks like they are going for maximum flex at the front with the front bumper not connected to the baulkhead.

i wonder what the weight of the pulley adapters would be MTx4 had a similar ssystem and it was a little heavier than the kyosho and NT1 pulleys.

PS: this is what the NT2 will look like lol the Japs always put in the effort, and xray just steals the design

the MTx5 will be another blinder IMHO. the Japs are always the front runners in design in the RC scene.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default issue

The rear bulkhead (that contains the main driveshaft) covers over the spray bar adjustment needle on that engine.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fuin
The rear bulkhead (that contains the main driveshaft) covers over the spray bar adjustment needle on that engine.
That's covering the mid-speed needle which doesn't require much adjustment once set. And most engine carbs don't have it!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default spelling

Originally Posted by TomB
great looking design. the shimo was a beast, this should be even better. looks like they are going for maximum flex at the front with the front bumper not connected to the baulkhead.

i wonder what the weight of the pulley adapters would be MTx4 had a similar ssystem and it was a little heavier than the kyosho and NT1 pulleys.

PS: this is what the NT2 will look like lol the Japs always put in the effort, and xray just steals the design

the MTx5 will be another blinder IMHO. the Japs are always the front runners in design in the RC scene.
first off I'm not Japanese but am a little tick off with you using " Japs" in you post are you lazy or don't you know how to spell Japanese

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.