Kyosho V One Series Prototype (;)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V One Series Prototype (;)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Kyosho V One Series Prototype (;)

Will Kyosho announce a new car?

Is this the Shimo car that run in the last Championship with the updated upper plate?
Are the shocks changed?
Is the rear new?
many many questions.....

source:rcspecial.com
Old 10-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah.....

This is the V-One-4R....check the kyosho euro site....
Old 10-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1FastVW
Yeah.....

This is the V-One-4R....check the kyosho euro site....
correction V-One-R4......
Old 10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.kyoshoeurope.com/you are correct!
i can see 2 piece rear bulkhead like serpent's.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8500/voner4.jpg
Old 10-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GREGORY!

Wow how close it looks to serpent
Old 10-02-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!

how are you seeing that in that picture?

if anything i see the same bulkhead we have today? these cad drawings need to stop and they just need to post something
Old 10-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

look in the left picture front of the rear wheel.it is empty.
i can not be 100% sure but this is what i think.we must what and see!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

bulkhead does look different, but its a CAD drawing.

the bulkhead is fully square

while on the current RRR, where the rear main shaft comes out is round.

also looks like its a stand up throttle servo.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default V-One 4R

Kyosho Germany calls it V-One 4R and will come soon.
Do you smell next Championship Title??

Old 10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

wonder how compatible it is with the RRR>
Old 10-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So, who's going to start the "V ONE R4" thread? The teaser really has me excited!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
wonder how compatible it is with the RRR>
Honestly with Kyosho's history, looking at past v-one history and how we can use a large percentage of the parts from the very first car. I think your spare hinge pins and arms are safe. New chassis and top deck for sure, shimo had another shock tower at the worlds if I recall correctly and they will probably do stuff in blue instead of silver or something silly like that.

I think this is more of an v-one-rrr compared to rrr-evo-wc type of transition, I hope they don't play us with front dogbones, plastic wheel hexes or anything cheap like that. Kyosho is going to lose me completely if they release another non-pro car and then the pro car a few months later.

At least Serpent/Capricorn/Shepherd releases the best they have, Xray did commit this crime at first but now their cars are top at release but they are also revisions. Gotta make them benjamins or whoever is on their big bills though
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
Honestly with Kyosho's history, looking at past v-one history and how we can use a large percentage of the parts from the very first car. I think your spare hinge pins and arms are safe. New chassis and top deck for sure, shimo had another shock tower at the worlds if I recall correctly and they will probably do stuff in blue instead of silver or something silly like that.

I think this is more of an v-one-rrr compared to rrr-evo-wc type of transition, I hope they don't play us with front dogbones, plastic wheel hexes or anything cheap like that. Kyosho is going to lose me completely if they release another non-pro car and then the pro car a few months later.

At least Serpent/Capricorn/Shepherd releases the best they have, Xray did commit this crime at first but now their cars are top at release but they are also revisions. Gotta make them benjamins or whoever is on their big bills though
well there airnt much on my car that is stock except the bulkheads and arms.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I fully agree! I hope they do come out with the pro kit when it does release.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

I never thought about this, but you are right. Always with the Kyosho cars you have basic parts that require upgrade (sometimes 3rd party aftermarket). Then later there's an RRR WC team edition, RRR Evo, RRR EVO2, RRR EVO2 Shimo Edition. That kind of gets ridiculous after really thinking about it. Again I never thought about it but they have the Xray NT1, then the NT1R, then NT1 2010 Spec. Kind of a similar thing.

Another thing I noticed that I never thought about until reading your post is that the Serpent doesn't have a lot of upgrade parts. There's a few option parts like belts, gears etc. Things you expect. However, look at Kyosho like I mentioned there's lightweight flywheel, bell housing, alum brake arm, alum wheel hubs, vented disk brakes, option brake pads etc. It really seems that some manufacturers release a car as if they are expecting to make a killing on the options and hop-ups. Serpent as you said releases a car that is complete. You don't need to buy extra stuff because it comes all set.

Something to ponder as I determine what my new car is going to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.