Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I agree with most everything you said except for the if Alky damages your tire construction tough crap.
I said nothing even remotely close to that. Not cool to shove words in somebody's mouth. The fact of the matter is people have been cleaning these fuel cars with denatured alcohol since they were invented. So if a particular manufacturer has a tire that allegedly melts or has glue dissolve at the sight of denatured... exactly who needs to go back to the drawing board?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
God hates golf! He told me so.
Should've known that, since he never helped me out on the course when I really needed it

Last edited by stefan; 04-12-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have posted today's timetable for the first two rounds of qualifying.
IFMAR rules actually have the schedule for 15 heats and they state that for 13 heats the timetable will be altered accordingly.
In this respect what you see is an estimate.
If there is anybody who reads this and has more accurate info than what I provide please share it here and I will correct my blog accordingly.

Here you go:

JD & Racing blog
Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
The whole problem is that the IFMAR device that is used to detect sauces got damaged in transit. This is the only way they can be sure that noone is cheating. No way to advise racers ahead of time.
http://ifmar.org/pdf/rules/ifmar_wc_8th_track_2011.pdf

There is NO need for a "sniffer" - IFMAR rules - as far as I can see - DO NOT have a rule against tire sauce. There were NO rules against sauce published for this event on the host track's website either as required. The rules of each IFMAR block do not apply even the host block - IFMAR is the sanctioning body for the event and must use IFMAR rules unless the conditions of the host track prevent that at which time it must be clearly published to all competitors within a reasonable amount of time to make it a fair event for all drivers. IFMAR needs to step up and stop this controversy before the event is ruined for ALL.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Addict

Do anyone have video footage?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Go Soloartist!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Body

Anyone know what body Pietsch is driving? Protoform P909??
Old 04-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fraz
[I am not at this event, though I would LOVE to be]

Some mentioned black stuff coming off fresh cut tires. Isn't it possible they were scuffs and had already been run and skim cut? Seems quite plausible they would have track goo come off of them when sprayed.
Seems that no one runs "scuffs" in 8th scale. Especially when they are wearing 4-8mm in a 13min run. They are all running fresh cuts and the only scuffing is the 3min warm up.

EA
Old 04-12-2011, 04:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slewis

There is NO need for a "sniffer" - IFMAR rules - as far as I can see - DO NOT have a rule against tire sauce. There were NO rules against sauce published for this event on the host track's website either as required. The rules of each IFMAR block do not apply even the host block - IFMAR is the sanctioning body for the event and must use IFMAR rules unless the conditions of the host track prevent that at which time it must be clearly published to all competitors within a reasonable amount of time to make it a fair event for all drivers. IFMAR needs to step up and stop this controversy before the event is ruined for ALL.
Exactly!!!

The IFMAR rule book also says that ANY changes to IFMAR rules must be submitted to all drivers at least two months PRIOR to the start of the event...Not the 3rd day of the event! LOL

EA

EA
Old 04-12-2011, 05:08 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by slewis

There is NO need for a "sniffer" - IFMAR rules - as far as I can see - DO NOT have a rule against tire sauce.

Only the very last point 5.28 on page 23, has something to do with traction.....
Old 04-12-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Video from yesterday's controlled practice from redrc.net
Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by M7H
Only the very last point 5.28 on page 23, has something to do with traction.....
5.28 Driver Aids-The use of traction control DEVICES, active suspension DEVICES and any steering control aided by gyroscopes/'g'-force sensors is strictly forbidden. The use of on board data recording sensors or data transmission devices is not permitted. It is the object of this rule to ensure that the IFMAR 1/8th I.C. Circuit World Championship be a test of driver skill.

That rule refers to electronic, mechanical or on-board traction control equipment - not tire sauce.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Lord

Going back 2 years at Lostallo there was the same issue, over there it was stated not to alow tire additives.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Can you post some pictures of your tires, I have never seen the 1/8th scale line.

Steve
Steve,

The regular weight rims are white while the light weight are the gray rims.

If you have any questions you can contact them at [email protected]

Monti
Attached Thumbnails 2011 1/8 On-Road IFMAR World Championships, Miami-photo.jpg  
Old 04-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

sorry for being a noob.. but what does the PF sticker stands for found on Hara's and Robert's bodies ... protoform?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.