Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

has anyone used the option part which is the carbon fibre piece that screws to the rear lower arms to change the angle of the shocks?

15033 modified lower shock stay
Old 11-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mrgsr
has anyone used the option part which is the carbon fibre piece that screws to the rear lower arms to change the angle of the shocks?

15033 modified lower shock stay
I'm using that pieces on my NT1. They give more lateral grip on fast track with long corners like european/italian tracks. But it doesn't work on all the track. I put it down from my car if I race in a flat track.
I always have a couple of them in mine bag.
It worth to try this shock stays
Now they do this pieces in steel instead of carbon but... the carbon ones are strong enough I think (never broke one).
Old 11-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default upgrade kit

hi any news on release of upgrade kit
Old 11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Differential oil viscosity

With more steering using the new upgrade kit, do we need to change the differential oil
Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

I heard that another week and they will launch the upgrade kit and in December the full kit.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

Here is the set-up I ran this past weekend at the Arcadia track. If I left anything out of you just have questions, just ask.

DJ Apolaro
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Capricorn 200mm Arcadia.pdf (111.8 KB, 331 views)
Old 11-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LAB-C02 upgrade kits have arrived.
The new front bulkhead assembly is a very nice design.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Cup Joint

CAP-16097s Rear Cup Joint - Official price: 25,00€ 11grams
CAP-16097 Rear Cup Joint - Official price:eru 22.18 11grams

what is the different?? one is steel and the other?? also are they both the same weight?? capricorn site show 11grams??
Old 11-19-2011, 08:28 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Guys i have this very critical question..

I really do not know capricorn because its been sometime to run on road..

I see some posts saying its one of the best on roads..

I would like to find out if it is for real that this car can compete with big and traditional manufacturers such as kyosho xray mugen..

I was planning to buy one of those and after seeing some posts i dont know which one to buy..

if capricorn is as good i would buy that..the c02..

if someone can show me give me the more unbiased review against the kyosho mugen and xray i will really appreciate it..

Thanks a lot..

have a nice day..
Old 11-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace

I would like to find out if it is for real that this car can compete with big and traditional manufacturers such as kyosho xray mugen..

I was planning to buy one of those and after seeing some posts i dont know which one to buy..

if someone can show me give me the more unbiased review against the kyosho mugen and xray i will really appreciate it..

Thanks a lot..

have a nice day..
It could be a little like looking for gold trying to find a completely unbiased review on this thread amongst all us convinced Capricorn fans, but perhaps taking a look at the posts at the "New EFRA Rules" thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...fra-rules.html might help.

One undisputed fact is that Capricorn cars offer the significant advantage of allowing the lowering the CG more than any other car on the market. Patrizio is simply brilliant!

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KMW
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Is there here that could offer a translation? I am super keen to find out what Patrizio says, and it could be a while before I meet up again with one of my Italian mates that can translate.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Is there here that could offer a translation? I am super keen to find out what Patrizio says, and it could be a while before I meet up again with one of my Italian mates that can translate.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
OOOkk.... I try to translate for you

Patrizio says...

The LAB-C02 is the natural evolution of the 01
They made an upgrade kit so that the owner of the 01 chassis can option the car and make it a 02...

The completely changed the front bulkhead's strubcture that is now similar to the C801: easier to disassemble the front upper brackets and to change differential.
And for the front end there is also a completely new antirollbar holder (with bearings). But they choose to put the blade-bars in the kit because the wire bar works well ..but in some conditions Capricorn's drivers still prefer the stock one. Infact they are also working on a new blade-bar that is not ready for now (it will be ready in a pair of weeks).

In the rear end they changed the upper bracket (similar to the 1/8) so that the camber can be adjusted by the left/right turnbucle.
The eccenters with 3 positions are now changed for 12 position ones.... and the same happened also in the front end.
This 12 position eccenters allow to set the rollcenter (low/high) and also the lenght of the brackets (internal/ext).

Also new is the belt tensioner already seen on the 1/8 car (same tension with half friction so...smoother drivetrain).

New ergal clutch that's giving excellent results on the engine's performance.

The new radio-plate:
They now have 2 different plates. The one showed on the car is the traditional one ...and option is the hight flex one that is more opened (showed somewhere in the video).
New 5th body post position.

Hot to reach the 1550gr weight........

First of all Patrizio says that sure the best legal weight would be 1600 and 1550 is really an exaggeration.

so...to put the weight down to 1543.....

1.Low profile servos
2.Titanium pivot balls (-10gr)
3.Titanium screws on the top of the car (not suggested on the bottom) -7/8gr
4.Magnesium rear bulkheads (-10gr)
5.Magnesium radioplate bulkheads (-3gr..... 6 if you have the right and left pieces. He says 3 because they still have the aluminium one on the left due to the new design for the new belt tensioner).
6.Titanium wheel axles (still not on the market.... -12gr)

and this is all.....
...but if you want to lower the weight some more (Patrizio says excellent to arrive at 1520gr) to be able to mantain the heavy engine mount (better for chassis balance)...

2 possible ways:
Shift from the traditional 1650mAh LiFe battery (72gr) to a 1000 mAh LiFe (35gr)

or

change this parts:
5.8mm balls from steel to aluminium
bracket pins from steel to titanium
titanium screw on the chassis

...that's all!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorge858
CAP-16097s Rear Cup Joint - Official price: 25,00€ 11grams
CAP-16097 Rear Cup Joint - Official price:eru 22.18 11grams

what is the different?? one is steel and the other?? also are they both the same weight?? capricorn site show 11grams??
Don't really know what's the difference between these parts. I don't think there is a difference in materials used since they are the same weight.

Originally Posted by didrace

Thanks a lot..

have a nice day..
It can easily compete with the bigger companies, and even beat them.

An unbiased review would be hard to find, after you've build and raced the LAB it's very hard to be unbiased.

I made a build report last year about my C01, of course the C02 is different but you can see how beautifully it is designed and how good the parts quality is.

Build report:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ml#post8080430

Also I think the support you get in this thread is really good compared to other ones. There are enough people to help you out with setup advice and giving out general tips and tricks.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
OOOkk.... I try to translate for you

Patrizio says...

The LAB-C02 is the natural evolution of the 01
They made an upgrade kit so that the owner of the 01 chassis can option the car and make it a 02...

The completely changed the front bulkhead's strubcture that is now similar to the C801: easier to disassemble the front upper brackets and to change differential.
And for the front end there is also a completely new antirollbar holder (with bearings). But they choose to put the blade-bars in the kit because the wire bar works well ..but in some conditions Capricorn's drivers still prefer the stock one. Infact they are also working on a new blade-bar that is not ready for now (it will be ready in a pair of weeks).

In the rear end they changed the upper bracket (similar to the 1/8) so that the camber can be adjusted by the left/right turnbucle.
The eccenters with 3 positions are now changed for 12 position ones.... and the same happened also in the front end.
This 12 position eccenters allow to set the rollcenter (low/high) and also the lenght of the brackets (internal/ext).

Also new is the belt tensioner already seen on the 1/8 car (same tension with half friction so...smoother drivetrain).

New ergal clutch that's giving excellent results on the engine's performance.

The new radio-plate:
They now have 2 different plates. The one showed on the car is the traditional one ...and option is the hight flex one that is more opened (showed somewhere in the video).
New 5th body post position.

Hot to reach the 1550gr weight........

First of all Patrizio says that sure the best legal weight would be 1600 and 1550 is really an exaggeration.

so...to put the weight down to 1543.....

1.Low profile servos
2.Titanium pivot balls (-10gr)
3.Titanium screws on the top of the car (not suggested on the bottom) -7/8gr
4.Magnesium rear bulkheads (-10gr)
5.Magnesium radioplate bulkheads (-3gr..... 6 if you have the right and left pieces. He says 3 because they still have the aluminium one on the left due to the new design for the new belt tensioner).
6.Titanium wheel axles (still not on the market.... -12gr)

and this is all.....
...but if you want to lower the weight some more (Patrizio says excellent to arrive at 1520gr) to be able to mantain the heavy engine mount (better for chassis balance)...

2 possible ways:
Shift from the traditional 1650mAh LiFe battery (72gr) to a 1000 mAh LiFe (35gr)

or

change this parts:
5.8mm balls from steel to aluminium
bracket pins from steel to titanium
titanium screw on the chassis

...that's all!!!
Many thanks for your trouble Nicola, it's been a great help.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.