Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:15 PM
TMF
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The 2.2mm wire gives a pretty equal feeling compared to the 0 degree blade.
So I don't understand why the complete kit comes with the 2.4 mm wire?
Old 03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Adept

i think you got the EU champion edition which is the same configuration that was used by the winning car but don't quote me on that. i got the same car and i recently completed it and now awaiting engine.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMF
So I don't understand why the complete kit comes with the 2.4 mm wire?
It's the medium stiffness which should work ok in every situation.
The 2.2 might create oversteer in certain situations.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Need some advices again.

Anyone has any idea if the plastic bumper plate that comes with the limited edition kit will be available as spare part?

And, other than lifespan, if there any difference in the performance of the long life belts and the standard ones?
Are the standard ones softer so the car will actually be smoother?
And roughly how long in terms of run time can the standard ones be used?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

I am sure the items are also available for purchase as individuals as well.

DJ Apolaro
Old 03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nipple
Need some advices again.

Anyone has any idea if the plastic bumper plate that comes with the limited edition kit will be available as spare part?

And, other than lifespan, if there any difference in the performance of the long life belts and the standard ones?
Are the standard ones softer so the car will actually be smoother?
And roughly how long in terms of run time can the standard ones be used?

Many thanks in advance.
NT1 plastic bumpers part No:331201 will fit a Capricorn; but does the car really need one? Our car has loads of high speed steering without using one, and foam bumpers offer much better protection, with weight not a factor in Capricorn cars.

The standard belts are much softer and the car is meant to roll better with them. However: we chewed through front and rear belts very fast when we used them, and we're using long life belts only for club racing now. The long life belts are still like new after many hours of racing and practice; and the difference is remarkable. I recommend to use them, unless you're that good that it could make a difference to performance. The difference to the rolling is that slight that it is very hard to notice, and many wouldn't even notice any difference. We have been actually been advised that some top drivers use soft belts for qualifiers, and long life belts in long finals.

One thing though; it is strange that our soft side belts seem to last for longer than rubber belts of other brands of cars that we've had, and we see no reason to use long life side belts.

My two cents worth of information; use it if you believe that it's of any value to you.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
NT1 plastic bumpers part No:331201 will fit a Capricorn; but does the car really need one? Our car has loads of high speed steering without using one, and foam bumpers offer much better protection, with weight not a factor in Capricorn cars.
Well, the car doesn't need it, but my driving does.

I am sure I am going to break the carbon fiber ones on the LAB-C01 like the way I break my EP touring ones...

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tips on the belts.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Ok, last monday and tuesday I ran the car for the first time since last october.

On tuesday the grip was still low but driveable (not spinning out every time I hit the throttle) and laptimes started to get close to what I run normally.

So I decided to test some of the new body's with the benchmark being the Blitz RS4.
I tested the Blitz Cruze, P37 and P56. Didn't had time to test the new Kruzer.

With the Blitz Cruze I was 0.28 seconds a lap slower then with the RS4. On turn in they felt pretty much the same but on on-throttle corner exit the Cruze had a lot more steering, actually too much since the traction was low and the track is a very open and fast track. On a tight technical track with some hairpins the Cruze should work very well. In the highspeed corner it was a bit understeering compared to the RS4 but this is down to the wing position, with the RS4 I have the wing all the way to the front and with the Cruze it was still in the middle.

The P37 didn't handled very well and lacked overall downforce, the car was spinning out in the highspeed corner and understeering in the low speed corners. I was around 0.5 seconds slower with this shell. It was cut out using the cutting lines. I will test it some more but just like the R5N it just didn't feel good.

The P56 handled very good and was positioned exactly like the P37. Very stable in the highspeed but plenty of cornerspeed in the low speed stuff.
Really liked how this body handled, I was 0.18 seconds slower as with the RS4 but the tires were already worn down to 53.8mm (Yes I always run them to the rim )
With a good set of tires like I had on the RS4 and some more finetuning I think this will be the shell to run on an open high speed track.

I mount all of my body's 3mm in front of the front axle, seems to be the magic number for me. Gives a very neutral feeling with the wing in medium position.

Engines were very fast and easy to tune on the Capricorn fuel, even when the engine was screaming on the backstraight with 53.8mm tires the temperature stayed reasonable and it had a nice brownish color on the inside.

I'm planning on testing this saturday again, after that I will post my revised setup. Already made some changes which worked very well.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hello,
Need some advice on setup for a small track with medium traction. We normally run 37 back 35 front tiers. I like a lot of steering and have some xray springs and also the red and black Capricorn springs. Any advice would really appreciated.

Thank you
Old 03-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Step 8.3

Just looking at the manual...

Do the holes for the top rear suspension arms need to be drilled out on the roll centre inserts? Or is the manual just making you aware of the different inserts?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Andrew
Old 03-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

you gotta drill.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Just looking at the manual...

Do the holes for the top rear suspension arms need to be drilled out on the roll centre inserts? Or is the manual just making you aware of the different inserts?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Andrew
The small drilled hole in all the inserts will enable you instantly see which inserts are being used, and what position the pin is located in. It can also be used to insert a tool to push the upper rear pin out of the insert, if you need to remove it.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Lab finishes 1,2 and 4 at the FORGASS race at KRaceway in Florida. Scotty Grey 1st DJ 2nd and Rino 4!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Capricorn Dominates in Florida

http://www.facebook.com/capricornrcusa
Old 03-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dex410usa
Hello,
Need some advice on setup for a small track with medium traction. We normally run 37 back 35 front tiers. I like a lot of steering and have some xray springs and also the red and black Capricorn springs. Any advice would really appreciated.

Thank you
Last week I did some testing with the Lab and I found a really good setup for the car.
The track was still pretty dusty but I was able to improve my personal best with 1 tenth (15,948 at Mach Heemstede)
With this setup the car is very good on turn in and has a lot of on throttle rotation.
For a small track you might want to put the Blitz Cruze on the car for even more rotation.
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.