Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
The Ned car is ready to go mostly....

Sorry for the worst possiable photo. Something is wrong with my camera/phone.

The plan is to TQ the GT class and thus get the pan cars kicked out of the GT class forever.
Who makes this body?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

http://www.motonica-usa.com/product.html
and can be purchased here
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...21&filter_cat=
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default That no "Ned Car"!!

I know a Ned Car when I see it and that's not one...What color is that? Putrid Pink?? lol

Your Dad will be teching for all possible violations so you better be up to snuff!!

By the way, how's the fishing? Connie and I just bought a boat, 17ft. bowrider. She hopes to ski and I hope to fish!

See ya thes weekend!
Ned
Old 07-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Body for P8C

Ned do you have a GT body for your P8C?
You guys need to make up your minds. Your Dad just said that "For the record, I also agree, with a heat of pans cars racing each other, the CanAm body is the way to go."

With 4 to 6 cars I figured we'd run modern High Downforce bodies!!!!!

Yes I have a gt body (an overpriced Italian Import ) and another surprize body that looks pretty good (not the paint, the body)).

Ned
Old 07-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Default Screwed

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Ned - think you'd be screwed without a differential
I forgot about that little point!!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Just buy a 4wd car, take off the un-needed parts, sell them to the 4wd guys, and you have your 2wd suspension car. With a little luck you may come out cheaper than buying a 2wd pan car. lol
kinda like the idea...except back to the same problem with the old pan cars......NO DIFF.........I have an HPI Procceed sitiing in the hobby room that i cant find front drive parts for that would be perfect..........
Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

I think what this last line of conversation points out is that in, RC Car Racing, like so many other areas in life, once the Genie is out of the bottle, you can't get him back in!
Those of you who knew Les Haddad might get a kick out of this:

The only motor that was really usable in cars was the Veco .19, mostly because of the dual ball bearing construction while most of the other engines just had bushings. The west coast boys were putting McCoy .19 liners, pistons, and rings (!) in the Veco case (Veco-McCoy!) I couldn't understand it at the time but Les absolutely would not get any conversion kits in the shop!

I ended up getting the parts from him for the stock McCoy and machining them myself to make the conversion. What I had done was introduced the hotter motor into Toledo, we started going to Parma and getting the kits and other hop-ups from Kenny McDowell, Klunk and I later begged two K&B .21's from K&B at the Toledo show and so it went. It surely had would have happened sooner or later, but Les could see the end result....
Ned. Les from Hobby Stop fame???
Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

The plan is to TQ the GT class and thus get the pan cars kicked out of the GT class forever.
................Eye, Eye.............if i qualify in second right behind you maybe we ALL get kicked out and get our own class?????????
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

50 bones??..cough.cough..........
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Rick,,,,,,,,,, here another one!!!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynamic-Suspensi...item2eb6b7fc16

and look..I FINALLY won one with a ball diff......wooooooooohoooooooooo An American car in England........whoodathunkit??..bringin it home where it belongs......IN THE U .S.A. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Joe I don't know how much my dad plans on running a pan car but in total there are three in our camp. We have two younger racers we are trying to work into the program and if I can keep up with running two cars I might run the pan car the rest of this year for fun. I wouldn't mess with the 4wd car. It only adds cost and its still going to bounce all over the place.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

You guys need to make up your minds. Your Dad just said that "For the record, I also agree, with a heat of pans cars racing each other, the CanAm body is the way to go."

With 4 to 6 cars I figured we'd run modern High Downforce bodies!!!!!

Yes I have a gt body (an overpriced Italian Import ) and another surprize body that looks pretty good (not the paint, the body)).

Ned
Well if we are going to have our own class this weekend I will through on the fast body and set the car on kill. So make up my mind would ya?
Old 07-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Those cars on ebay are neat, especially the Dynamic. flipping through the photos of the AE car, the sidewall on one of the tires reads BP, looks just like the BP Engines logo. I wonder if it is the same company as today.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Rick,,,,,,,,,, here another one!!!!!!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynamic-Suspensi...item2eb6b7fc16

and look..I FINALLY won one with a ball diff......wooooooooohoooooooooo An American car in England........whoodathunkit??..bringin it home where it belongs......IN THE U .S.A. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Actually I've got a dynamic kicking around somewhere - traded a guy a 300 for it in the early 80's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.