Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Buy a (or rebuild an old) pan car, build it, race it, have fun, go home happy.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default WORDS!

One of the many things I like about Garen, he has a way with words! I don't think you should try to talk car class and driver class at the same time.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Car vs. Driver Classes

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
One of the many things I like about Garen, he has a way with words! I don't think you should try to talk car class and driver class at the same time.
That's what I was saying. If you have enough drivers, you don't need to be concerned about classes as much. Qualifing will sort things out just fine. But without at least 2 or 3 heats in each class, the car class is the only thing to keep things somewhat even. That's pretty much where the Master's class and the Pan class are in 1/8th gas. imo

Better, more experienced, drivers will always be faster, but with slower (more regulated) cars the difference is less.

(Lon-I'm getting the Spada back!)
Old 12-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default spread the word

Originally Posted by garen
Buy a (or rebuild an old) pan car, build it, race it, have fun, go home happy.
dropping off the flyers you sent me at our local track. i agree the hardest part of racing pans at our track is your face hurts from laughing. however jeff scratching his nose while beating me was kinda different
Old 12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default truth being!

Jeff was working harder then you think, usually he's scratching some where else! My guess is he was feeling some sort of pressure.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default under pressure

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Jeff was working harder then you think, usually he's scratching some where else! My guess is he was feeling some sort of pressure.
must have been from the misses !!! lol !! so how many cars are we up too now? in case you miss pm. your parts are done will ship after holiday rush
Old 12-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
must have been from the misses !!! lol !! so how many cars are we up too now? in case you miss pm. your parts are done will ship after holiday rush
Joe, what parts did you make?.this post is BS without pictures?..........And get building on an F1 now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default pics

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Joe, what parts did you make?.this post is BS without pictures?..........And get building on an F1 now!!!!!!!!!!!!
tell me how too add pics and i will. i made some of those front end bracing tubes first thought up by lon +ned. keeps my little shop busy
Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

You got your F1 in hand yet?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
You got your F1 in hand yet?
......no... was thinking i would receive it today....no dice....hopefully 'morrow......
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

......no... was thinking i would receive it today....no dice....hopefully 'morrow......
I had a fedex package on the truck and on its way to my house today but it never showed either.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default hoho ho

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
I had a fedex package on the truck and on its way to my house today but it never showed either.
i can only imgine how many packages are on the road this time of year
Old 12-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i can only imgine how many packages are on the road this time of year
.......no doubt....not the best time of the year to order a new kit......the wife is sick of me calling her from work to see if "IT" arrived yet....................Joe......just make a photobucket account and add links to this thread..........i wanna see proof of your skills......
Old 12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-8-...item2eb9d26db7 ......are these made from unobtanium???............
Old 12-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Dynamic Wheels/tires

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1-8-...item2eb9d26db7 ......are these made from unobtanium???............
They ARE unobtainium (able)! Those are the wheels from the Dynamic car I just bought! The Tires are the first gen, as we would say now, they were just stretched over the wheels, were made out of solid rubber and weighed about a pound each!! They worked about as bad as you would think and molded foam tires were next.
It seems weird now but back in those days you never thought about spares or even extra tires! You were glad to have the set that came with the kit!!

The wheels were turned from bar aluminum with a 1/4-28 threaded axle and a jam nut to hold it on. Worked ok on the side that tended to tighten, but the other one came loose all the time. Luckily three of the guys in the club worked at in the Air Guard and could get lock nuts with nylon inserts, problem solved! Then the axles bent! The aluminum spur gear was screwed directly to the wheel with two flat head slotted screws and the pinion was steel. THe steel wore out way faster than the spur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.