Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5italkart
that car looks great !! how does the cost compare too the cars we have ?. also looking for some tires with the black wheel like the gq guys have in the rock hard compound.
I have some black wheels with 30 shore tires mounted if anyone is interested. I will be carrying tires next year but I am not sure about the availability of black wheels. Personally I don't like them as it's harder to see the car.

The P8 Classic was the predecessor to the P8C. If they still have any in stock, I can probably get them to you direct for about $375 + shipping. I never built or ran the Classic, but it does look pretty cool. Back then they also made the first version of their 4wd pan car, the P8 Base, see it here
http://www.redrc.net/2007/02/motonica-p80-base/
Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
If you really want something other than the P8C, how about this:
http://www.redrc.net/2007/02/motonica-p80-classic-2wd/

I am sure they have a few sitting around, and I can probably wrangle one or two for cheap.
I want one of those too. Dang I really need to unsubscribe from this thread
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Matt, What do you think? I think Neds list, of things he hasn't had, would be allot shorter and easier to read, but not as interesting! Do they still market those cars?
...Lon, as far as i kno they still market those cars......i had what you could call a heated argument with what i believe to be a Kyosho employee on these boards about why Kyosho thought it was a good idea to NOT bring these cars to the USA....They will import a weirdo Kyosho Blizzard (that i have never even heard of anyone owning) but wont bring in the Spada???......Kyhosho should turn out the lights and lock the doors for good as far as im concerned.............they have marketing MORONS...LOL...my .01
Old 11-13-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Matt, What do you think? I think Neds list, of things he hasn't had, would be allot shorter and easier to read, but not as interesting! Do they still market those cars?
...Lon, as far as i kno they still market those cars......i had what you could call a heated argument with what i believe to be a Kyosho employee on these boards about why Kyosho thought it was a good idea to NOT bring these cars to the USA....They will import a weirdo Kyosho Blizzard (that i have never even heard of anyone owning) but wont bring in the Spada???......Kyosho should turn out the lights and lock the doors for good as far as im concerned.............they have marketing MORONS...LOL...my .01
Old 11-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

If you really want something other than the P8C, how about this:
http://www.redrc.net/2007/02/motonica-p80-classic-2wd/

I am sure they have a few sitting around, and I can probably wrangle one or two for cheap.
.I WANT ONE OF THOSE......HOW MUCH?????????????????????
Old 11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Matt, That car is nothing but cool!! Any idea what they use for power? Back in the day the Cox motors were sometimes hard to keep running. Get this, the stocker they were,the easier they started and kept running, the hopped up ones were faster for sure, so we hopped em up! 20 years later the Lite Machine helli people showed us how to make a Cox TeeDees run strong and with reliability.I ran Missile Mist for fuel.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-Picco-P...item3f0859979a Is this what comes in the car???...49.00 motors???...now that would be a BUDGET CLASS....
Old 11-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

If you guys really want the P8 Classic, please email me at [email protected] to confirm
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Here's the manual online http://www.competitionx.com/pdf/vehi...2wd-manual.pdf

Pretty sure the carbon fiber chassis shown in the redrc link was an option
Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Sorry guys, the classic is no longer available. Stick with the P8C or P8C Extreme.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Sorry guys, the classic is no longer available. Stick with the P8C or P8C Extreme.
Garen,
Thanks for looking into it, that's a cool car!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default budget

Originally Posted by Taylorm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFNA-Picco-P...item3f0859979a Is this what comes in the car???...49.00 motors???...now that would be a BUDGET CLASS....
we should buy all 25 for our class !!!. you and ned have me inspired. after the front braces i'm looking into an aluminun front for p8c and the matt project. flyer came too work will mills on sale
Old 11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

I have some black wheels with 30 shore tires mounted if anyone is interested. I will be carrying tires next year but I am not sure about the availability of black wheels. Personally I don't like them as it's harder to see the car.

The P8 Classic was the predecessor to the P8C. If they still have any in stock, I can probably get them to you direct for about $375 + shipping. I never built or ran the Classic, but it does look pretty cool. Back then they also made the first version of their 4wd pan car, the P8 Base, see it here
http://www.redrc.net/2007/02/motonica-p80-base/
i'm interested in the 30 shore rears please pm with details. joe
Old 11-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

i'm interested in the 30 shore rears please pm with details. joe
.oh trying to get an edge are we???...............i'm going to back your HSN out 3 turns when your not looking.........
Old 11-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Spada

we should buy all 25 for our class !!!. you and ned have me inspired. after the front braces i'm looking into an aluminun front for p8c and the matt project. flyer came too work will mills on sale
The motor that comes with it is not the Picco, but very similar. I'm sure the Picco would fit with very little effort, and probably be an improvement.

Even though my lathe and mill are "mini" sized they are perfect for the toy car stuff! I really like making little stuff for the cars and other projects. I have gathered parts to make an "X" axis power feed and think it will work slick!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
.oh trying to get an edge are we???...............i'm going to back your HSN out 3 turns when your not looking.........
i figure its easier too stock up in the off season a little edge never hurts. i need too get 220 run in my shop before i can get started. also we should get moving on our group body order. my old 10l pan drives just like our 1/8th stuff. lots of laps on sun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.