Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Taylorm
i would love to run the vintage......(open motor)(but not sure if my vaca next year is going to allow me to show at all next year for GLC....won't know till first of the year...)...we cold just run 1 10 minute exhibition main...we dont even have to qualify for that matter....but lets run the VINTAGE bodies if at all possible.....you mean we cant squeeze in one more 10 minute run in a multi day event?..........and Phil...get hunting for affordable foam...
We could but we don't really have to. All it would amount to, technically, is adding a heat for vintage only. If the same guys entered a different class it'd be no different, vintage pan would practice with pan, then run qualifiers and the main, same as any other class. We've not been hitting our limit on entries the past few years, so that's not a problem either. If this idea seriously inconvenienced things or added drastically to the program, I'd be the first against it. At the heart of it, it's an exhibition/nostalgia thing, to take notice of the past, to allow present racers a chance to see what it used to be like. It's not like it'd become a permanent fixture and people running their old stuff on a weekly basis and is not intended to be some kind of "revival" for the antiques. Whenever I've shown up with the J, people always come to have a peek, and it's always watched when on the track. Now imagine a heat with Delta, Associated, MRP, all running era bodies.

I'm for running qualifiers and main, the qualifiers, if nothing else, helping to ensure guys have their stuff running right and good to go for the main, but I certainly don't expect a 45 minute main running 35 year old antiques. But that's just details, right now we're trying to see the level of interest. To my knowledge, there are at least five right now prepared to do it.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
We could but we don't really have to. All it would amount to, technically, is adding a heat for vintage only. If the same guys entered a different class it'd be no different, vintage pan would practice with pan, then run qualifiers and the main, same as any other class. We've not been hitting our limit on entries the past few years, so that's not a problem either. If this idea seriously inconvenienced things or added drastically to the program, I'd be the first against it. At the heart of it, it's an exhibition/nostalgia thing, to take notice of the past, to allow present racers a chance to see what it used to be like. It's not like it'd become a permanent fixture and people running their old stuff on a weekly basis and is not intended to be some kind of "revival" for the antiques. Whenever I've shown up with the J, people always come to have a peek, and it's always watched when on the track. Now imagine a heat with Delta, Associated, MRP, all running era bodies.

I'm for running qualifiers and main, the qualifiers, if nothing else, helping to ensure guys have their stuff running right and good to go for the main, but I certainly don't expect a 45 minute main running 35 year old antiques. But that's just details, right now we're trying to see the level of interest. To my knowledge, there are at least five right now prepared to do it.
I am in for sure will plan vacation around that. Hell if Toledo wont host event the Racine club would. host first only pan car Nationals and would need be roar we have own insurance.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

count me in, will order foams from ufra guys. i think we need fun sort of events too generate interest. used too have a kart event where you did 10 laps then came in the pits had too get out shoot a basket then go back out. a real hoot no points no pressure
Old 11-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You want to grow the pan car class leave it one class.
Creating a second pan class...vintage is detracting from the entire class.

1 pan class with the rules put in place with the motor limits put into effect that will cover club Midwest and GLC.

We need to grow the classes we have not create more ....

Let's get back to seeing those home built project's
Old 11-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Addict

Order Placed!!! Looking forward to getting the car.

Excited.

Originally Posted by MrHistory
The all new GT EVO kits are ready to order! Irwin Racing Concepts is offering a one-time special price for all Pre-orders placed this week, ending this Sunday, November 17th.

PLEASE NOTE: The quick release wheel adapters and Front Aluminum Body Mounts are optional parts and do not come standard in the kit. If your heart desires, they can be order from our site.

All preorder customers will receive their kits and parts orders from the first shipment, which will be processed Monday, Nov. 18th, and the shipment will be on its way from Italy in the coming weeks. Our website has a listing of many parts for the kit which can also be ordered at this time, but if you would like to order any additional WRC items not on our site, please contact us with your request. Thank you!
Jason

http://www.irwinrc.com

Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Sigh....

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra

1 pan class with the rules put in place with the motor limits put into effect that will cover club Midwest and GLC.

This is not meant to create another class.

This is purely for exhibition purposes.

Gary47 would make seven as of now. Pretty good numbers in two days, I think, and we haven't even asked around to east coast/west coast!

We, on this end, have every intent to manufacture and produce modern pan cars. To the best of my knowlege, no one is making any more Deltas, Associateds and MRPs, so there is ZERO chance of it becoming a regular thing.

It's purely meant to celebrate the past and garner more interest towards what we are doing NOW with NEW pan. An opportunity to show off the vintage stuff alongside the future of pan.

I believe an event like this would help bolster that interest in new pan. It is not meant to detract from it in any way.

In any event, I've explained my idea and take on it, I'm still hoping for more input and comment from others, but I definitely hear what you're saying and note your objection to the idea.

Joe P. makes six firm commitments I know of. I think that'd be sufficient, but I'd really like to see ten to twelve firm "ayes". I will consider starting a new posting to draw attention to this idea in the general forum, and maybe garner more interest that way. Won't be pushing it as a done deal, just asking for input and to see who would want in.

And...let's remember, entries still pay money to the TOLEDO club!

Last edited by hitcharide1; 11-16-2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot...
Old 11-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra

Not creating a second class... Just a one run exhibition for GLC... I agree on the fewer class idea....Lets kill GT clown cars then....no one in their right mind would
try turning an on road car into an offroad.......less is more...most guys who get whooped want a new class to try to be champ in... Look at
electric racing... 4 million classes... This only dilutes good classes...and good racing
Old 11-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Not creating a second class... Just a one run exhibition for GLC... I agree on the fewer class idea....Lets kill GT clown cars then....no one in their right mind would
try turning an on road car into an offroad.......less is more...most guys who get whooped want a new class to try to be champ in... Look at
electric racing... 4 million classes... This only dilutes good classes...and good racing
yes i agree
we dont want to dilute the current pan class thats building.

my pan cars ordered i cant wait to join in the fun
Old 11-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default trophies

I have over 20 brand new still in bubble wrap trophies,not plaques and all they would need is the front plate replaced to make them very suitable for this proposed race.They are three different sizes with the tallest being 17 inches high
Old 11-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a brand new, never seen fuel NovaMega KMH 21 from 2003, anybody interested?
Old 11-16-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
I have over 20 brand new still in bubble wrap trophies,not plaques and all they would need is the front plate replaced to make them very suitable for this proposed race.They are three different sizes with the tallest being 17 inches high
I think we've created a monster...we're going to have to talk. Shoot me a pic of trophies (or better yet, post a pic in this forum,) that might very well merit looking into! By the way, way to step up!

As I said, probably sometime next week I'll make a post in the forum as to what we'd like to do and see how much interest there is in it. But I've seen huge interest just among the regular crowd in two days. It may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping once we put the word out nationwide, we'll get a lot of people looking our way and wanting to play.

Just as a future aside, we'll need to all co-ordinate on parts. I'm pretty sure I can support Team Delta if anyone is lacking something. I've got bearings, bulkheads, chassis, bumpers, engines, bells, gears, and all kinds of nifty things. I could provide limited support for anyone running an SG, I've got two complete straight axles that could be cannabalized, but only one with diff, and no spare spur gears. I'm shipping out an MRP to someone Monday, and have only one other spare gear for that (gave one to Joe T. last year.) But I do have an entire spare gp-180 if needed, spare chassis, servo trays, etc.

Big question on my mind right now...there's a guy in here ran masters and GT at the last GLC, and I know he's got a 300 sitting around. Wonder if Rick would be interested in running with us? Enquiring minds want to know....
Old 11-16-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I have a brand new, never seen fuel NovaMega KMH 21 from 2003, anybody interested?
The guys in here are looking for 3 port somewhat inexpensive engines. If yours is a 3 port and you throw out a price, someone may be interested.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Addict

The guys in here are looking for 3 port somewhat inexpensive engines. If yours is a 3 port and you throw out a price, someone may be interested.
169 is the current price for a "onroad" 3 port motor turbo they are almost giving them away.

Next 3 port motor... is around 210-220 and really isnt any better

there are a handfull of 3 port motors all the cheaper range that run from 220-300, but still the nova rossi is the cheapest bang for your buck.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

I think we've created a monster...we're going to have to talk. Shoot me a pic of trophies (or better yet, post a pic in this forum,) that might very well merit looking into! By the way, way to step up!

As I said, probably sometime next week I'll make a post in the forum as to what we'd like to do and see how much interest there is in it. But I've seen huge interest just among the regular crowd in two days. It may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping once we put the word out nationwide, we'll get a lot of people looking our way and wanting to play.

Just as a future aside, we'll need to all co-ordinate on parts. I'm pretty sure I can support Team Delta if anyone is lacking something. I've got bearings, bulkheads, chassis, bumpers, engines, bells, gears, and all kinds of nifty things. I could provide limited support for anyone running an SG, I've got two complete straight axles that could be cannabalized, but only one with diff, and no spare spur gears. I'm shipping out an MRP to someone Monday, and have only one other spare gear for that (gave one to Joe T. last year.) But I do have an entire spare gp-180 if needed, spare chassis, servo trays, etc.

Big question on my mind right now...there's a guy in here ran masters and GT at the last GLC, and I know he's got a 300 sitting around. Wonder if Rick would be interested in running with us? Enquiring minds want to know....
So your going to Race Pan and Vintage? ... Thats your plan?

And anyone thats all ready running Pan or ran Pan last year is going to race pan and vintage?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

I believe many,not all, modern pan car owners are also vintage car owners also, so I don't think this is too difficult to pull this once a year race off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.