Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
I think we've created a monster...we're going to have to talk. Shoot me a pic of trophies (or better yet, post a pic in this forum,) that might very well merit looking into! By the way, way to step up!

As I said, probably sometime next week I'll make a post in the forum as to what we'd like to do and see how much interest there is in it. But I've seen huge interest just among the regular crowd in two days. It may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping once we put the word out nationwide, we'll get a lot of people looking our way and wanting to play.

Just as a future aside, we'll need to all co-ordinate on parts. I'm pretty sure I can support Team Delta if anyone is lacking something. I've got bearings, bulkheads, chassis, bumpers, engines, bells, gears, and all kinds of nifty things. I could provide limited support for anyone running an SG, I've got two complete straight axles that could be cannabalized, but only one with diff, and no spare spur gears. I'm shipping out an MRP to someone Monday, and have only one other spare gear for that (gave one to Joe T. last year.) But I do have an entire spare gp-180 if needed, spare chassis, servo trays, etc.

Big question on my mind right now...there's a guy in here ran masters and GT at the last GLC, and I know he's got a 300 sitting around. Wonder if Rick would be interested in running with us? Enquiring minds want to know....
I will also have take my SUPER J out storage to run any one have wheels and gears for that ?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
So your going to Race Pan and Vintage? ... Thats your plan?

And anyone thats all ready running Pan or ran Pan last year is going to race pan and vintage?
Uh....yeah, why not? Didn't I run two classes last time? This time, instead of running 4wd and pan, I can run pan and pan. Some of the guys signing on to this are people that didn't race the GLC at all last year, so you're not losing them from the mix. Some of those who did make the race may try to run both, as I am. And what I'm hoping is that we'll get some guys who maybe haven't been running at all anywhere, and this is where you could really help. Maybe we get some guys from out of town to show up with their vintage car, guys who got out of racing because of the cost and complexity of 4wd, and while they're here, we show them NEW pan. We, for the most part, are not doing a great job getting new blood (or old blood) into racing. I don't know who the last recent members to join Toledo and run nitro are, but I suspect they are Tom, Dave, and myself, and that's over two years ago. Sometimes people forget why they did this as a hobby; we need to remind them of what they're missing and show them an alternative they didn't know existed. Remember, this isn't about kits and tires and who outran who, this is about people having some fun.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

Originally Posted by gary47
I will also have take my SUPER J out storage to run any one have wheels and gears for that ?
I have a ton of wheels and some gears. I need to look around and hit that link that Matt or Joe P. found (can't remember which) and get more foam coming so's I can mount some more tires, but I have a LOT of rim.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

I have a ton of wheels and some gears. I need to look around and hit that link that Matt or Joe P. found (can't remember which) and get more foam coming so's I can mount some more tires, but I have a LOT of rim.
May want to get ahold if Joe P ASAP... Think
he is going to order some of the UFRA foam... I also
have bunches of wheels for my diff and non diff cars
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Hitchride1 , I think more pictures of cars and videos of races would attract newbees. And maybe somebody do a sticky on how to make your own pan car.

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 11-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

The 3 sizes of trophies I have for GLC vintage race.European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_20131117_073440_844.jpg
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default Ah...hmm

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
Hitchride1 , I think more pictures of cars and videos of races would attract newbees. And maybe a thread on how to make a pan car.
True. I'll be posting pics myself probably in early January.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-003.jpg

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-002.jpg

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-delta-001.jpg
The needle pin goes in brass fitting and number 3 on needle?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

The needle pin goes in brass fitting and number 3 on needle?[/QUOTE]

The pics are a tad blurry and I can't quite tell what you're asking....
Old 11-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 oldschool
The 3 sizes of trophies I have for GLC vintage race.Attachment 1135042
They even look vintage, Dave
Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hmm

Not too shabby, almost retro...which would be fitting considering what we're proposing! lol (they look a bit like the trophies we used to get at the Winternats). I understand why the GLC goes with the trophies they have, they do look nice, take up less space, and I'm sure cost a great deal less, but I like the old style too. Only question being, how did you wind up with so many of them?

A long time ago (in a galaxy far away but not nearly far enough) the series gave out these 8 x 11 sheets of brown plexi, and at the race, you'd get this 1 x 8 thing that had the location, what main, and where you placed....it had double back on it, and you affixed it to the sheet. It looked a little silly until the end of the year when it finally filled up.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

How did I wind European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-img_20131117_143211_309.jpgup with so many trophies? They were purchased for a race that just never got to be run.But I have a feeling some may be used in 2014. And I figured that I'd throw in a photo of my Marker Machine just for the heck of it.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default Neat Stuff!

How did I wind Attachment 1135270up with so many trophies? They were purchased for a race that just never got to be run.But I have a feeling some may be used in 2014. And I figured that I'd throw in a photo of my Marker Machine just for the heck of it.
I ran a Marker in the 70s, it had a Thorp diff and used Thorp wheels.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
I ran a Marker in the 70s, it had a Thorp diff and used Thorp wheels.
Yes, I too switched to the Thorp rims in last year I ran a Marker (1976).The Thorp rims were the hot setup for that car,the metal ones always got bent up.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

..an we'll get 3 HUGEbottles of Champagne for top 3 in vintage pan ......Just like the Europeans do......
.........Then if Phil wins we can have him take some of his meds and chug half a bottle......then make him do victory laps while he's all messed up...... : )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.