Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
What?...you quittin 4 wheel??....RULE # 482.....NO ringers in the PAN CLASS........
Not quiting 4wd

Just interested some in getting in on the pan fun

Last edited by Vector03cobra; 11-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Whew

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
Another guy, whose name I unfortunately can't remember, was hilarious to watch. Real tall black dude, he was a NEUROSURGEON, and his knees would shake a mile a minute when he was on the stand and doing well. Apparently driving toy cars got to him more than operating on peoples brains! Rick might remember him, he ran an Associated with an OPS and was the only guy I knew that had the engine mounted laying down. He usually pitted with Bob Apelle, another huge dude who drank beer like I drink pepsi.)
Phil
You're remebering Dennis Harris (who I only thought of as regular height - guess it's all perspective ), who became a very successful Radiologist I shudder to think you concluded he was a surgeon , and your are wrong Bob Appelle drank more Miller than we drank Pepsi , had to quit drinking a few years ago and they laid off the route driver. FYI still friends with Bob - he races slot cars with us during the winter.[/QUOTE]

Imagine my relief...I always had this image of needing surgery and getting some guy whose knees shook. As for Bob, it seemed like the more he drank, the better he ran, tho he'd get a bit....noisy....if things weren't going quite right. Glad to hear he's still having fun with something, even if he has to do it sober. Hey, from my height, lots of people look taller. Dennis was a hell of a driver, I'm still not sure how he made that build work but it seemed to work for him.

Again, it's nifty how I can't tell you what I did (or didn't do) yesterday, but I remember crap from over 30 years ago. This premature senility thing may be getting out of hand.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vector03cobra
Not quiting 4wd

Just interested some in getting in on the pan fun
pan rule #1 when in doubt mumble
Old 11-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Also not a ringer I have to drive around the same corners as the rest of you and am limited to the same set of rules
Old 11-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Also not a ringer I have to drive around the same corners as the rest of you and am limited to the same set of rules
and PaPa Greer.........
Old 11-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

Cannot wait I really hope to pick one up right now id say there is a 80% chance or greater

That and a budget 5 port motor shown some where in this thread trying to keep to the spirit of the class and not use the 4wd motors no matter how many used ones I have laying around.
Get the more budget 3-port! The guy to beat in Toledo runs a 3-port, let's keep it fair.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
Get the more budget 3-port! The guy to beat in Toledo runs a 3-port, let's keep it fair.
Great so 3 port will be the rule? If so I am in its even cheaper
Old 11-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

http://www.serpentamerica.com/shop/home.php?cat=87
YES...3 ports it is Grandpa LON says so.......
Old 11-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

I'll order a 3 Port Nova Rossi, I saw Jason said they are out of stock? I'm getting a couple of the WRCs so I'll get them both built, one with a 5 port that I already ordered and the other with a 3 port when they become available, I believe there is only about $50 difference in price.

Looking forward to returning to some Toledo Nitro Racing. I hope the WRC Cars hit North America this month.

I see from the post above there is one 3 Port Nova Rossi Turbo available. I'll look into it.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
We're thinking we were going the wrong way with our build.

We've considered building our version of an "articulated" front end. We didn't want to go that route, partly because it is like suspension, and partly because it's inherently fragile and not so great for the newbie.

Re-looking at it yesterday, during one of my brief bouts of health and mobility, ....
...not suspension...build the articulation....

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps065ef497.jpg
Old 11-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Heh

3 port, 3 port, blah blah. Not all 3 ports are equal, y'know. Just on a whim I was looking up stats and probs for various 3 ports, and oddly enough, Nova has the best stats (among the engines I looked at). May as well require everyone run Nova. Still a bunch of horse hockey about the 3 port idea, IMHO, at least for 2014.

With that said, Tom will be using the wounded VOX I bought from Lon next year, however many ports it has (or more accurately, however many ports it still has actually working) It's weak and underpowered, but it's very consistent as per idle and gets good lap to the tank. I have no clue what I'll be using yet, but it won't be a Nova. I've been working outside of the box in 4wd, we're definitely outside the box in 2wd, so I may as well do the same for engines (with the obvious exception of the bullet I bought at the GLC.) Billy Bowerman made me a good deal, I used to run Picco exclusively many years ago, and it just seemed like continuity to me in a way.

And I recommend, for the '14 season, that anyone named "Jeff" be required to add five pounds to the weight of their car, and said rule may be waived if "Jeff" mounts his body backwards and runs it in that fashion.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

And I have to race my gas car arch nemesis Elliot
Old 11-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
3 port, 3 port, blah blah. Not all 3 ports are equal, y'know. Just on a whim I was looking up stats and probs for various 3 ports, and oddly enough, Nova has the best stats (among the engines I looked at). May as well require everyone run Nova. Still a bunch of horse hockey about the 3 port idea, IMHO, at least for 2014.

With that said, Tom will be using the wounded VOX I bought from Lon next year, however many ports it has (or more accurately, however many ports it still has actually working) It's weak and underpowered, but it's very consistent as per idle and gets good lap to the tank. I have no clue what I'll be using yet, but it won't be a Nova. I've been working outside of the box in 4wd, we're definitely outside the box in 2wd, so I may as well do the same for engines (with the obvious exception of the bullet I bought at the GLC.) Billy Bowerman made me a good deal, I used to run Picco exclusively many years ago, and it just seemed like continuity to me in a way.

And I recommend, for the '14 season, that anyone named "Jeff" be required to add five pounds to the weight of their car, and said rule may be waived if "Jeff" mounts his body backwards and runs it in that fashion.
Lol to funny
It was 3 port 5 port or exceed 7 port em race

3 port is fine by me I have no preference sept it be the same as the rest or as close as can be

I'll check, and keep checking for one to come in

Last edited by Vector03cobra; 11-07-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

I just grabbed the 3 Port Nova Rossi listed above. Now all I need is a car, starter box, tires, body, fuel bottle, glow plug starter, exhaust and so on and so on
Old 11-08-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

You guys have given me a idea for a winter project for 1/5 scale. Do you think the pivot plate technology you use for the 1/8 scale cars could be sucessfully applied to 1/5 scale?? A pivot plate on the front and back do you think it would handle?? Does anybody know if there were ever any 1/5 -1/4 scale pan cars??

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 11-08-2013 at 10:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.