Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question for the general public....I have enough crap laying around here to put together another aluminum Super J, I'd just have to get another battery pack and body, small items. Would it be of any help to assemble it and bring it to races to allow newbies or anyone interested in taking a lap with it? I am not concerned about it getting broke in the slightest, aluminum pan, servo tray, bulkheads, front axle, steering blocks...the only nylon in the thing is in the tires and servo heads and I probably have 50 sets of rims or so (not like I've ever broken one of those either.) I don't figure anyone is going to let a spectator run a Mugen (just a tad expensive and quick) but if y'all think it'd maybe give someone the bug to get into the hobby, I'll build and bring it. Only thing about it is if a newbie did run it and liked it, I'd have to direct him to one of you guys driving Motonica to see how much it'd cost to get them in the hobby...if any of you guys could put something on paper that says where you get stuff and how much that we could hand out to any possible newbies, it'd sure help. By end of this year I'll have plans and info for building a 2wd from scratch with existing parts in the market pretty cheap, but for now, the only option for someone new to the hobby is Motonica.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Sounds like a great plan to promote the class!!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
Question for the general public....I have enough crap laying around here to put together another aluminum Super J, I'd just have to get another battery pack and body, small items. Would it be of any help to assemble it and bring it to races to allow newbies or anyone interested in taking a lap with it? I am not concerned about it getting broke in the slightest, aluminum pan, servo tray, bulkheads, front axle, steering blocks...the only nylon in the thing is in the tires and servo heads and I probably have 50 sets of rims or so (not like I've ever broken one of those either.) I don't figure anyone is going to let a spectator run a Mugen (just a tad expensive and quick) but if y'all think it'd maybe give someone the bug to get into the hobby, I'll build and bring it. Only thing about it is if a newbie did run it and liked it, I'd have to direct him to one of you guys driving Motonica to see how much it'd cost to get them in the hobby...if any of you guys could put something on paper that says where you get stuff and how much that we could hand out to any possible newbies, it'd sure help. By end of this year I'll have plans and info for building a 2wd from scratch with existing parts in the market pretty cheap, but for now, the only option for someone new to the hobby is Motonica.
sounds good, kinda like what lon sr. did too get us hooked with his "house" cars
Old 05-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

2wdrive, Yes that is tape.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
...i also have thought of this....i have ( i think ) enough parts to put together maybe 2 more RC250's ( no diff.) to let prospective guts try out...and dont care if they get hammered....they could be like the neighborhood whores......everyone gets a turn.....
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...i also have thought of this....i have ( i think ) enough parts to put together maybe 2 more RC250's ( no diff.) to let prospective guts try out...and dont care if they get hammered....they could be like the neighborhood whores......everyone gets a turn.....
or a disease
Old 05-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5italkart
or a disease
....are you old enough to remember when sex was safe and race cars were dangerous???...
Old 05-13-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Yup!! grew up in the 60's!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrohead5300
Yup!! grew up in the 60's!!!
we thought we'd die before having it not from it. great spanish gp this morning
Old 05-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Those were the good old days!!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Loaner Cars

Originally Posted by Taylorm
Great ideas, but becareful that they handle well and don't scare potential racers away...especially the non-diff cars!! ;-)
Old 05-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Great ideas, but becareful that they handle well and don't scare potential racers away...especially the non-diff cars!! ;-)
.....non diff cars never handle well...........4wd scares people away...
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Car Pics

Here are pictures of my two running pan cars, 48 is the DFX Vortex, Classic pan (like a Motonica) and 2 is my version of a Associated RC 300BDRD.
Attached Thumbnails European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-2012-05-13_22-41-34_686.jpg   European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class-2012-05-13_22-42-30_240.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Super paint schemes! What body is that? It looks like the wheels of #48 are outside of the body at the back? or is it just the picture?

Last edited by 2wdrive; 05-14-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Super paint schemes! What body is that? It looks like the wheels of #48 are outside of the body at the back? or is it just the picture?
............yea Ned, why are you cheating?.........you probably have some super-duper-secret tire dope on those tires tooooo.......dont u?...........wheres the rollbar on the Gulf car?...............im not pitting that sucka.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.