Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

No worries
I just got metal shielded ones from the local hobby shop $1 each

if you in the states get them from avidrc.com
Old 08-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default one way

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Hey Blis was good to catch up and have a good look at the car, thanks for the engine mount it saved me a hole in the manifold and allowed me to finish trhat semi and final.

I was the only G4 RS 09 driver at the recent Queensland State Championships and i was very happy with the car. First time at this track with the G4 and i dialed in the chassis straight away. I was only .3-.4 off the fastest guys in the final and i believe without the gear box issues it could have been a lot more consistent and maybe a little faster..

My issues with the car:

1. I had the one way bearing jam in the first qualifier. I had lubed it with Hudy one way oil before the event. The bearing jammed and it looks to have crushed but i wasnt able to get it off the shaft to get a good look at it. Prior to this i was having inconsistent gear changes..started off shifting too late and then would change instantly and back and forth. I checked the play in the shoes after every run and tried both a small gap and a large gap but no change. My engine builders guess from experience is the faulty one way playing up the gear changed.

2. how do we get the jammed one way off?

3. The side belt rubs on the bottom of the manifold (short novarossi manifold and 2652 pipe). I had dremeled the bottom of the manifold off but the belt was still rubbing hard into the manifold. I modified the chassis to give the screw more clearance so the engine would sit further away and this helped. Then thanks to Blis we used the one piece (nots ure of brand) off his g4 which was 1mm taller and this gave some more clearance.

4. Play in the steering ackerman post. the black bushings that come in the kit look to be the wrong size with the inner hole about .5mm too big. Has anyone found any bearings that would fit?

Apart from these issues i think the car is awesome!
I'm still using the same oneway, and I make sure I lube and cover it with a plain piece of painter tape to avoid any debris going in there, I'am also using bearings instead of the bushings in the steering post
Old 08-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

what are some good servos to run on this car?
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Servos

Originally Posted by 123unknown
what are some good servos to run on this car?
Plenty of servos in the market will work well with the car, it is very important that you get metal gear servos for the steering. here are some good servos you may use in you G4RS 09

servo Z590M Torque Race Servo: Metal

Servo Futaba S9452 Digital High Speed/Torque Servo

Z8800T Digital High Torque Servo

www.machinaria.com
Old 08-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Default Springs

Hi
Anyone know where the white kit springs rate in the (coloured) TM spring range?
TY
Pip
Old 08-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
Hi
TY
Pip
I can't tell you the exact answer but they feel like they are around the same stiffness of the blue TM springs (1.7).

When I put a front diff in without changing the rest of the settings the car started oversteering massively. Now I am using the TM blue ones front and turquoise ones in the back and the car feels much more stable .
Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hi
TY
Pip

The white spring hardness is around #33-34

best regards
www.machinaria.com
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

guys... bought an extra kit with some stuff which i wish to offload at a slight discount... good for those looking to get one...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...o-used-wc.html
Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Default Here is mine...

This is mine.
Quite a smooth build.
Cant wait to hit the track and give it a go.
One problem... on holiday tomorrow for a week! Doh!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4RS 2009-img_2639.jpg   Team Magic G4RS 2009-img_2633.jpg  
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Just got my Kfactory stuff, will post pictures soon.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

This is mine.
Quite a smooth build.
Cant wait to hit the track and give it a go.
One problem... on holiday tomorrow for a week! Doh!
What do you use to clean your pipe?? It's all shiny and i am sure it is not new by the dents on it, haha
Old 08-14-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gtrmx
What do you use to clean your pipe?? It's all shiny and i am sure it is not new by the dents on it, haha
You are right... I fooled nobody!

I tend to clean them after every meeting ... firstly with solvent then with 'T Cut' .. this is a slightly abrasive car paint restoring polish... It works wonders with a bit of elbow grease!

If I have a really dirty pipe I 'cook' it in a pan of anti freeze.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default anyone run picco based engines in their g4s

Hi, i have a g4js which i picked up last year. I finally obtained everything i need to get the car running when i got my hands on a jl red dot. At the time I wasn't aware that picco's used smaller diameter crankshafts. I picked the engine up used so I do not have the collet which they normally come with. I tried the one for the nt1, the taper seems to match but it is still too big. I can't seem to find a picco one anywhere designed for the g4. Is there anyone that can tell me which collet they use? The one with the engine comes with or is there some aftermarket one that works well? Also would you guys advice against grinding the collet down to make it fit? I know it might be kind of out of place here but i think both models utilize the same collet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by gladcow; 08-14-2009 at 01:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Collet

Originally Posted by gladcow
Hi, i have a g4js which i picked up last year. I finally obtained everything i need to get the car running when i got my hands on a jl red dot. At the time I wasn't aware that picco's used smaller diameter crankshafts. I picked the engine up used so I do not have the collet which they normally come with. I tried the one for the nt1, the taper seems to match but it is still too big. I can't seem to find a picco one anywhere designed for the g4. Is there anyone that can tell me which collet they use? The one with the engine comes with or is there some aftermarket one that works well? Also would you guys advice against grinding the collet down to make it fit? I know it might be kind of out of place here but i think both models utilize the same collet. Thanks in advance for any help.
Yes you can grind the collet to fit with no worries it should be fine.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.