Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Stefan,

Can you tell me the difference between IDM and Picco engines as well as IDM and ATS rubber?
None, other than pricing, as we most know.

But if you are 29 years old and your only education is racing model cars, shouldn't you try to make the most of a WC title and promote your own products instead of others????

Daniele is planning to make a living of the IDM brand once his racing days are over.

But if he keeps promoting Picco and ATS because they pay for his travel expenses, then people are going to ask themselves, why they should pay more for his products when he runs the stuff that's actually cheaper.

Just imagine Salven running Ennetti tires and Novarossi engines.

Loom at the equipment list and you know what I mean.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by stefan
None, other than pricing, as we most know.

But if you are 29 years old and your only education is racing model cars, shouldn't you try to make the most of a WC title and promote your own products instead of others????

Daniele is planning to make a living of the IDM brand once his racing days are over.

But if he keeps promoting Picco and ATS because they pay for his travel expenses, then people are going to ask themselves, why they should pay more for his products when he runs the stuff that's actually cheaper.

Just imagine Salven running Ennetti tires and Novarossi engines.

Loom at the equipment list and you know what I mean.
I partly agree with you but IDM decals are normally on his car. What a lot of persons not know is that IDM is a "Picco IDM Modified engine" and not an other brand.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

50th place after qualifying.

I guess it's up to Daniele and his consistant driving to make it through the finals.

That's gonna be a tough one.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by stefan
50th place after qualifying.

I guess it's up to Daniele and his consistant driving to make it through the finals.

That's gonna be a tough one.
It is going to be a good long tough test
Old 07-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey Stefan,

please excuse that I haven't posted a news on our website that I can't attend the euros. I thought it would be enough to inform directly Franky Noens (EFRA 1/10 referee) that I won't attend the event because of too much work in the company.

By the way, not one single driver from Germany that wanted to attend the event was rejected. Germany had a lot of free places left. Everybody that wanted to race, could attend the euros.

Back to topic, unfortunately Daniele had a stripped belt so he had to retire early in the race.

Best regards
Patrick
Old 07-26-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Unhappy

Current World Champion Daniele Ielasi’s tough week didn’t get any better this morning and the popular Italian will play no further part after his Shepherd suffered a rear belt failure 8 minutes into the 1/16 final. 2004 World Champion Adrien Bertin did go one better bumping up to the 1/8 final but a number of incidents meant the Kyosho/Team Orion driver missed out on the 1/4 Final by just 1.6 seconds. Afterwards the Frenchman said, ‘This is the worst event for me in 15 years’ but jokingly added ‘at least I went one better that Daniele.’
http://events.redrc.net/

Next time I guess.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trick
Everybody that wanted to race, could attend the euros.

Best regards
Patrick
I know of at least one racer that was rejected because the roster was supposed to be full.

It might have fallen through the cracks after Dieter died, who knows
Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Stefan,

maybe this was the problem. In May Dieter told me that he has 9 places left for the Euros (before I gave mine back), he also posted this info in his forum. That's why I was thinking that everybody from Germany could race. Probably there was a communication problem.

Best regards
Patrick
Old 07-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Dirk is not slow and should be up in the top group as he is showing now. That's why I was excited to see that Ielasi was catching him in the practice run. Looks like a rough day though. Did anyone else watch the last qualifing video?? Especially when he's running with Jilles?? I think he's loosing .1-.2 just on the straight.... I wonder if the engine tune was a bit off as it looked really down on power... Hopefully they can get a solid run together tommorow. I'll have to wait on the results Sunday until I get home from the track though.... Full day at Toledo testing is planned for me...
How did you go with the testing Josh ? Any revelations or any more thoughts on the V10 over all ?
Regards
Noel
Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

batto - Everything went great in Toledo yesterday. I spent most of the day testing the V8 which I was able to figure out some things for the GLC right at the end of the day. The V10 I only ran two tanks after racing was over in a sort of grudge match with Bobby Flack (last years GLC winner) and his Xray. Like me, Toledo is his home track so we both know it well. I'm not sure if Bobby's car was in top form but I was actually faster than he was with the main difference that I had a lot more steering into the corner. It was definatly a good confidence builder in the car knowing that for sure I have a car to contend for at least the podium and really I feel it's possible for a lot more. Time will tell as the traction comes up in Toledo this week but I am really excited to get rolling with this years GLC which will be a great warm-up to the ROAR Nationals that will be back at the same track in September. Back to work!! I have lots to prepare!!
Old 07-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
batto - Everything went great in Toledo yesterday. I spent most of the day testing the V8 which I was able to figure out some things for the GLC right at the end of the day. The V10 I only ran two tanks after racing was over in a sort of grudge match with Bobby Flack (last years GLC winner) and his Xray. Like me, Toledo is his home track so we both know it well. I'm not sure if Bobby's car was in top form but I was actually faster than he was with the main difference that I had a lot more steering into the corner. It was definatly a good confidence builder in the car knowing that for sure I have a car to contend for at least the podium and really I feel it's possible for a lot more. Time will tell as the traction comes up in Toledo this week but I am really excited to get rolling with this years GLC which will be a great warm-up to the ROAR Nationals that will be back at the same track in September. Back to work!! I have lots to prepare!!
Thanks Josh any news about the V10 is good news to me.
Regards
Noel
Old 07-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Josh,
The new car is looking great so far!
Just wondering what weight the standard kit will be with electrics, engine + body once it hits the market?
Will there be a need to fit TI pillow balls, steering links, hinge pins etc to reduce standard kit weight?
Also, is the car designed to run best with 0 offset or 1-2mm offset tires?
Cheers
Joe
Old 07-29-2009, 07:48 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Deleted, unbiased info not wanted...

Last edited by M7H; 07-29-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

WOW..that car looks amazing. Tank looks HUGE!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Suspended

I hope to see some final pics soon, with nice blue alu...

Last edited by PMSorber; 07-30-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.