Old 11-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

The mtx2 wasn't even out in 98!
Old 11-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default What car to buy advice

Here's some advice on what car to buy.

1. What brand of car does your LHS best support.

2. Most likely it will be the most popular car at the track. This is important! Go see what the majority of drivers are racing at your local track. In case you break something you don't have on a car that's very popular, it's very likely someone will have that particular part.

3. Don't go by National or International race results be THE determining factor in your purchase decision. Don't forget that these proffesional drivers still had to race THE race keeping in mind that somedays you're lucky and some not.

I've been racing on-road gas for over ten years, and have always owned and raced Serpents (from my first 6000 Sprint to my old Veteq-won a State Race with it!- with many Impacts and Impulses) and most recently an MRX3.

That being said, I feel the best car out there right now is the MTX3. The unreleased 710 looks very nice though, and I'm considering going back to Serpent. So if someone wants to buy my spare, NIB MTX3, let me know.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:03 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: What car to buy advice

Originally posted by Ed Delgado
Here's some advice on what car to buy.

1. What brand of car does your LHS best support.

2. Most likely it will be the most popular car at the track. This is important! Go see what the majority of drivers are racing at your local track. In case you break something you don't have on a car that's very popular, it's very likely someone will have that particular part.

3. Don't go by National or International race results be THE determining factor in your purchase decision. Don't forget that these proffesional drivers still had to race THE race keeping in mind that somedays you're lucky and some not.

I've been racing on-road gas for over ten years, and have always owned and raced Serpents (from my first 6000 Sprint to my old Veteq-won a State Race with it!- with many Impacts and Impulses) and most recently an MRX3.

That being said, I feel the best car out there right now is the MTX3. The unreleased 710 looks very nice though, and I'm considering going back to Serpent. So if someone wants to buy my spare, NIB MTX3, let me know.
Well said!!
very well said
Old 11-29-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just looked up the 710, it looks like a very well designed car with endless adjustable features, im about to say foget the V one RR Evo and the MTX-3 and get the 710. if you havent seen the 710 check this out http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3293
Old 11-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rcjayy
I just looked up the 710, it looks like a very well designed car with endless adjustable features, im about to say foget the V one RR Evo and the MTX-3 and get the 710. if you havent seen the 710 check this out http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=3293
Congratulations on making a sensible decision, the 710 is an awesome looking car! I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Sorry yes, you're right. I was driving the FW-04 super 10 in the 98-99 season then in summer 2000 i got the V1R.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default V1R Laydown Steering System

V1R Laydown Steering System (Like Evo)
Coming Soon...............................WOW
Attached Thumbnails V one RR Evolution or MTX-3-v1rlaydown_pic.jpg  
Old 12-15-2003, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: V1R Laydown Steering System

Originally posted by sungtaz
V1R Laydown Steering System (Like Evo)
Coming Soon...............................WOW
I believe this has been posted in afew thread...
Old 12-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Oh yeah! I forgot how well the MTX3 did in the Euros What was that? you mean it got beaten by the superceded 705.
Yeah... but at least, Mugen doesn't need to RIP OFF their customers launching a car each year (in the best case) to keep it running at the pace of the competition...

On mine local track, some time ago... Serpents were almost all, we only were a few that we lived outside the Snake gang with other cars (you name it... Trinitys, NTC3, Yokomos....). Mugen and 705 were launched and all the Impulse PRO gang jumped into the bandwagon of the 705 with the promise of a faster, meaner car, easier to setup and lighter... Naaah! what kind of BS was those words.

People ditched their Impulse PRO in favor of the new and 'better' car, the 705, but people rather than improving their laptimes, were ass kicked by their own buddies who resisted to the Syrens charming songs (and of course, by everything rather than a 705).

No matter how high and loud they praise that was a really brand new car. HA! was a gross evolution of their proven previous car, and the worst of all is that time puts everything on their place, and the 705 is on the trashbin with the new 710 car on the market and they reckon on the 710 thread that design of the 710 was the result of 2 years of work (remember when 705 was launched? around a year???). We'll see what happens with their 710 and their weak rear A-arms.

Meanwhile 710 creates hype another time, there are plenty of very valuable and valid cars on the market, just for the people who doesn't want to be ripped off (no need to give names, but for sure that Serpent isn't in the list). Come on boys, we're on the Veteq story (well, better on their second part). And tracks are being populated with other cars (at mine last club race, we were 32 drivers, and only 3 (three) were Snake cars: One Impulse Pro and two 705's). All the rest were Mugens, NTC3, LD3 and some G4's...

Seriously. I ROFLMAO with all of you guys doing of the choose of your car a religious thing. Just use the car you want and REFRAIN of trying to be evangelizers of the guys who sell your actual car, you didn't get paid for each race you attend with those car, then, why hells to do free advertisement of it? Please REFRAIN of this.

For not being totally off-topic with the guy who asked... Choose whatever you want, whatever you get good parts support on your LHS, enjoy it and invest time doing setups and refining them. The choose is yours. I choosed an MTX3 and I'm very happy with it by the points I've mentioned one line upper.
Old 12-15-2003, 04:03 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Corse-R
Yeah... but at least, Mugen doesn't need to RIP OFF their customers launching a car each year (in the best case) to keep it running at the pace of the competition...

On mine local track, some time ago... Serpents were almost all, we only were a few that we lived outside the Snake gang with other cars (you name it... Trinitys, NTC3, Yokomos....). Mugen and 705 were launched and all the Impulse PRO gang jumped into the bandwagon of the 705 with the promise of a faster, meaner car, easier to setup and lighter... Naaah! what kind of BS was those words.

People ditched their Impulse PRO in favor of the new and 'better' car, the 705, but people rather than improving their laptimes, were ass kicked by their own buddies who resisted to the Syrens charming songs (and of course, by everything rather than a 705).

No matter how high and loud they praise that was a really brand new car. HA! was a gross evolution of their proven previous car, and the worst of all is that time puts everything on their place, and the 705 is on the trashbin with the new 710 car on the market and they reckon on the 710 thread that design of the 710 was the result of 2 years of work (remember when 705 was launched? around a year???). We'll see what happens with their 710 and their weak rear A-arms.

Meanwhile 710 creates hype another time, there are plenty of very valuable and valid cars on the market, just for the people who doesn't want to be ripped off (no need to give names, but for sure that Serpent isn't in the list). Come on boys, we're on the Veteq story (well, better on their second part). And tracks are being populated with other cars (at mine last club race, we were 32 drivers, and only 3 (three) were Snake cars: One Impulse Pro and two 705's). All the rest were Mugens, NTC3, LD3 and some G4's...

Seriously. I ROFLMAO with all of you guys doing of the choose of your car a religious thing. Just use the car you want and REFRAIN of trying to be evangelizers of the guys who sell your actual car, you didn't get paid for each race you attend with those car, then, why hells to do free advertisement of it? Please REFRAIN of this.

For not being totally off-topic with the guy who asked... Choose whatever you want, whatever you get good parts support on your LHS, enjoy it and invest time doing setups and refining them. The choose is yours. I choosed an MTX3 and I'm very happy with it by the points I've mentioned one line upper.
well said well said
Old 12-16-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

the 705 is on the trashbin with the new 710 car on the market and they reckon on the 710 thread that design of the 710 was the result of 2 years of work (remember when 705 was launched? around a year???).

Well, that's one way to screw your loyal customers.

Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money!!!

I wonder when the 710R is comin out.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Well, that's one way to screw your loyal customers.
they love to be screwed ! or tortured !
Old 12-16-2003, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

What a Dick Head!!!!!!!!!

Its called racing development, do you seriously expect that Mugen won't produce anything for the winter nats!

Strange how you Mugen boys can sing the praises of the car that you choose to drive, but others are'nt allowed to for the car of their choice. Seems to me that you guys have a big chip on your shoulder, or is it just envy!

I personally think its going to be an interesting year in 200mm RC, and we can all benefit from it, so stop whinning and enjoy!
Old 12-16-2003, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
What a Dick Head!!!!!!!!!
Is your head stuck up your arse?

People will always say the car they drive is better. Why? Most people want validation for the money they have spent. And dont like to hear their thousands of dollars has gone to waste.

Who gives a shit how many world champs or big events are won or lost by whatever manufacturer.. its not the car that realy wins, its the driver. Take a look at your local tracks and have a good look at what is running. Chances are its mugen. Does that make the mugen better than all the other cars? No. It just means that more people are happy with the results they have found with it, or they are too afraid to try something new or different.

I'm a bit of a slut when it comes to what car I race. Ive owned and raced most of the bigger brands touring cars, and I have to tell you, not one of them is better than the other, just different. They all have one advantage over the other, and they all have a weekness that the other cars dont. Its just a matter of making an informed descision and taking the risk.

I wonder why people are so defensive of their cars brand, its not like 99.99% of us get paid by the manufacturers to run them.

We all do realise that the latest car wont win the race for us dont we? Nor will hundreds of dollars of hop ups. The only thing that will is knowledge and track time... So choose a car that has the better support and knowledge base in your area. It doesnt have to be the newest evolution of a particular brand. Even if Mugen do release an updated version on the MTX3, it doesnt mean everyone needs it.

I find it amusing that the frequency that a manufacturer releases a new kit could be a down side...

All manufactures bring out new cars every 12-24 months, wether they are complete new kits, or just a revision of the older model.

Impulse, impulse pro, impulse pro carbon, 705, 710...
v-one-r, v-one-r grp, v-one-rr, v-one-rr gt, v-one-rr evo...
Mtx2, mtx2 prospec, mtx3.

Mugen might not come out with a new car as often as the others, but lets face it.. 12 months of racing a chassis, its more cost effective to buy a new kit, than replace all the worn parts. So new release or not, no one is forced to make a new purchase, but those that choose to may have the option to pick up a newer edition to their car.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sparksy
Is your head stuck up your arse?
Not another prince Charles,woops hang on,Charles sticks his up other people's a#$@# !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.