Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:16 AM

Originally posted by FW05R
Ive been reading a couple of pages on the R40 thread and let me tell you this "fastharry" hates serpent for some reason
I don`t know about that but some later post I saw, he is OK. He also kind of give good feedback as well for Kyosho brand (I believe to MarcosS710 who actually should have change his username with you ). Anway, if he hates serpent, well, it`s just someone else prefferences.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:21 AM

Default Re: to those complaint to 710

Originally posted by Car Breaker
I had run my 710 today, everyone in my area who saw the car agree it is a very good car for both performance and budget .
Yes, I just realize this also that S710/Serpent now is not the most expensive minded car. Even with all those value added components in it (4mm chassis, graphite plate, etc) it is still at average priced even lower that FW05R who is still, `in my opinion`, does not have strong enough tranny gears to handle nowdays modified engine.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
I don`t know about that but some later post I saw, he is OK. He also kind of give good feedback as well for Kyosho brand (I believe to MarcosS710 who actually should have change his username with you ). Anway, if he hates serpent, well, it`s just someone else prefferences.
Harry is ok to my mind - he has his opinions and states them. And he generally doesn't go into a senseless argument about who's car is better, etc - unlike others!!!! Makes his statement and then goes back to his own stuff
Old 07-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by GoldFinger
... but it is true!!

... Its nice to see Mr Gary Soh and Chris, sorry for Gary being disqualified in all 3 heat. ...
Gary is my friend from Team HMS racing...what actually happen to him?
Old 07-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: to those complaint to 710

I am lucky enough to put my hand on so many good car (S710, MTX-3, G4 pro, NTC3, FW-05R, R40....) for free
I can tell what those problem all these car have.
most of them, except S710, need many upgrade to be TQ unless you spend more on those "factory kit"
for most other car, upgrade is neccesary.
unlike S710, most upgrade is unneccesary, why spend money on it .
serpent's car require racer to understand the car instead of rely on the car itself. with other people's help, s710 will help newbie to master nitro car in shortest time and least amount of money.
good job Serpent
Old 07-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: to those complaint to 710

Originally posted by Car Breaker
I am lucky enough to put my hand on so many good car (S710, MTX-3, G4 pro, NTC3, FW-05R, R40....) for free
I can tell what those problem all these car have.
most of them, except S710, need many upgrade to be TQ unless you spend more on those "factory kit"
for most other car, upgrade is neccesary.
unlike S710, most upgrade is unneccesary, why spend money on it .
serpent's car require racer to understand the car instead of rely on the car itself. with other people's help, s710 will help newbie to master nitro car in shortest time and least amount of money.
good job Serpent
I agree
Old 07-12-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Gary is my friend from Team HMS racing...what actually happen to him?
1st heat underweighted.
He strap 2 dogbone on the top of front deck.

2nd heat still disq.
Add bunch of bearing on top of bearing.

3rd heat still disq.
I dont know what he put to add more weight.

4rd heat deleted

5th heat finally he pass the scrouting. When his final runs I notice that he is adding more "money" on his car.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:28 AM

Originally posted by GoldFinger
1st heat underweighted.
He strap 2 dogbone on the top of front deck.

2nd heat still disq.
Add bunch of bearing on top of bearing.

3rd heat still disq.
I dont know what he put to add more weight.

4rd heat deleted

5th heat finally he pass the scrouting. When his final runs I notice that he is adding more "money" on his car.
How come after disqualified he did not managed to weight the car again before race? Like you and I did I guess I wish it was my first round that got disqualified but somehow passing those damm weight scale (that turns out they are lazy to remove the fuel leftover out so it pass those damm 25gr needed weight on 2nd perfect round ).
Old 07-12-2004, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone use the KO power switch on their 710?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
Anyone use the KO power switch on their 710?
Why? If it can be used on other cars, it surely can be used on the 710. As far as space is concerned, there should not be any problem using a double sided tape to stick it on the upper deck.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Why? If it can be used on other cars, it surely can be used on the 710. As far as space is concerned, there should not be any problem using a double sided tape to stick it on the upper deck.
I like the fact that it has a built in battery meter and push button switch. While it may still drain the battery when not in use the battery meter comes in handy. Its funny how alot of people run out of rx batteries during the race, so this would be a very useful accessory.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

Do i have to use the 61 spur with the 16 t gear? I cant seem to set the mesh right, my 16t wears out VERY fast, 1 hour or so?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Switch to 710

I'm currently drive a NTC3. I'm looking for switch to 710. It seems more advance and from this thread, not much problem found.

Our local top guy also drive 710. All of them have change the dog bone to CVD. How about those factory driver? are they use dog bone? if so, what is the track width? Any modification?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Switch to 710

Originally posted by alan
I'm currently drive a NTC3. I'm looking for switch to 710. It seems more advance and from this thread, not much problem found.

Our local top guy also drive 710. All of them have change the dog bone to CVD. How about those factory driver? are they use dog bone? if so, what is the track width? Any modification?
If you build the car correctly (well it wont be that hard as you got manual book ), you should not have problem with the bones. Some guys running front diff might have
Old 07-12-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Switch to 710

Just for the record I have the Serpent 710 for about six month already and racing for more than two month.

As of today I have not broken nothing form this car, I have not even change the rear Shock tower yet (have the new one waiting to be install).

I have install the Front Ball Diff. with the HUDY dog Bones (1mm shorter) & HUDY Wheelaxle 801214, I inserted fuel tubing in the Ball Diff, I narrow the front track to 196 and install 1mm plastic shims in the wheel axel to end up with 198, I had no problem as of yesterday that was my last race since I did this change.

I normally go very fast the lower place I had in a race is third with 20 minutes Main.

I am using a NOVA MAX P5 engine with yellow shoes and hard spring and 0.4mm head shim so I am really going fast.

I use regularly in the track the QUICK REFERENCE Table, I think this is a very helpful tool that Serpent owners are not taking advantage, it really helps to set up your car really good and at the same time it helps to learn more about set up techniques, I even plasticize a copy so I have it in my work table every time I go to the track.

I am not trying to say that Serpent 710 is the best car but it is a very good car, if you built it as instructed and do the correct Set Up depending on the track and driving stile then you might have the best car.

Sorry for the English

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.