Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cyba888
Im sure hes a nice guy, but also talks alot of trash. There's only 2 reasons he doesnt like Serpent, either loses to a snake on the track or he got bitten by a snake hard on the ass.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Ive been reading a couple of pages on the R40 thread and let me tell you this "fastharry" hates serpent for some reason

Originally posted by fastharry
well thanks for that thoughtful insight.....but I'm not getting that idea from reading the 710 thread..all I'm seeing is busted bumpers,a car that needs a tech manual to set up,and taps into teh wall breaking parts.....My freinds own the car...and I've seen them......it looks like what it is.....An attempt by serpent to make a car without hudy quality...and made in china..
Old 07-11-2004, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
Good luck buddy ! To you and your wing man ! Kick Surikarn's ass for me.
Thanks......

Damm!! I just tipe long long report but was all gone when I hit submit after connection terminated. Well, will do some summary again later on.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
Damm!! I just tipe long long report but was all gone when I hit submit after connection terminated. Well, will do some summary again later on.
It always happen to me too.

A tip... What I usually do when I want to post something long is BEFORE I press the Send button, I block the whole text and press CTRL+C to copy into memory. Then I press Send button and if something goes wrong, I use the Back button and just press CTRL+V to paste the text from memory into the reply area.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by Zizu
There you said it...what serpent did was make the 710 to G4 quality hence the cheaper price.What I can't understand is the G4 is much durable considering its price.
I do not think you got what I said..

Anyway, if you are happy with your G4.. it`s great
Old 07-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

can any1 tell me a good gear com. for a high speed big track?
Old 07-11-2004, 10:01 PM

Originally posted by daniz24
I just got information that some of the 710 alum. and the plastic parts are made by 3Racing and some company in China. That's why Serpent parts are very very cheap compare to the old days... Is this true?
you wake up too early... even IF it is, I would not mine with serpent quality standard. For sure it isn`t 3 racing (try to fit ball bearing in mid shaft alu mount between those 2 and you`ll see what I meant).
Old 07-11-2004, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by roadrage
can any1 tell me a good gear com. for a high speed big track?
How big is big? does 23T/55T for the second gear enough?
Old 07-11-2004, 10:29 PM

It always happen to me too.
Thanks for the tip, I usually did. Just a little hang over still since I only sleep 4 hours within the last two days.

Here is the summary report for Futaba Jakarta Open,

Teddy Syach, international ranked driver, with his FW05R still the champion. This is Mr. Giant jobs target to pull out the kyosho plug with his JPs. Surikarn did not come because the Kawahara mechanic he wanted could not make the trip. I somehow disregard this kind of attitude. Most of internationals are coming and joinning the race AS WELL AS looking for customer who wanted to carries their products EVEN if there are already some people been buying and selling their stuff including toykar Singapore.

S710 was on A 2nd grid by Mr. Hendro (who was driving mugen before; got his s710 from GQ cup raffle prize) and in 7th grid by Khamil (don`t know exactly how to spell) powered by his prototipe KHM (from Asia Challenge?). Both cars have no luck with Hendro`s having problem both with his very fast Max S3 and also loosing shocks due to improper size/stripped screws. Oh I forgot to mentioned its rumor that actually `TS` is the one who built and setup the car for him . On the other hand, Khamil has too much tracktion in the beginning (could not take corners as fast as he could be) and very low tracktion (tire wear too early) at the end.

Hey.. so where the hell am I? . Arrived at 8.30am and start the first round at 9.00am (I was on 9th round with Khamil). Test the new setting on first round... average car flips twice per laps... only make 14 laps. All possible settup changes made to encounter the tracktion roll and headed for 2nd round. Everything was good and tracktion was perfect until I`ve been declared 25grs underweight and being disqualified from turn out to be the A 6th grid out of 99 entries. Yes the 100th one is supposed for Surikarn. The 3rd round is another no luck as my rear left tire was loose on the first minute mark because of not tight enough nut (I should have check after my mechanic change to harder shore). Round 4th shcedule to run on that day was cancelled due to rain. So whatever the best you did on that afternoon would also be your best round since in the morning tracktion is very inconsistance and low. But that`s not the case for me actually because I have not yet has 1 single successfull run. Anyway, my 4th round in the morning wouldn`t be better than my 2nd disqualified round but still no luck is beside me. My RR12L3 has given up on the 4.40mins mark and goldfinger mentioned this is the time to throw it away .

Funny thing happend again, end up in the D main still have no single luck with `that` engine keep flaming off on every refuelling until Mr. Sam Cheng (Serpent SG) looked at me and just tried to help but nothing can be done. He was on B1 starting grid.

Anyway, it`s been a great event and I`m very happy to be part of it. Now let`s goldfinger tell his side of the story.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:34 PM

Forgot to `mentioned`. S710 on A2nd grid by Mr. Hendro atuaally was the fastest single lap timed on that final.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:47 PM

Forgot to `mentioned`. S710 on A2nd grid by Mr. Hendro atuaally was the fastest single lap timed on that final.
I believe the 2nd winner was Mr. Dhanu (Mr. Giant patners) using our partner`s G4 and the 3rd one is Mr. Fayakun (track`s owner). But none could give close competition to the first winner that will be coming to Brazil this year.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Prophet

S710 was on A 2nd grid by Mr. Hendro (who was driving mugen before; got his s710 from GQ cup raffle prize) and in 7th grid by Khamil (don`t know exactly how to spell) powered by his prototipe KHM (from Asia Challenge?).
Khamil Hyder got his prototype engine from MS at a lucky draw in Serpent Asia Challenge in Thailand.

Everything was good and tracktion was perfect until I`ve been declared 25grs underweight and being disqualified from turn out to be the A 6th grid out of 99 entries.
I was about 20 grams lighter too but luckily I checked before racing (didn't make a difference anyway since I didn't win anything ). I had to use double sided tape to stack sylings on the upper deck to make the weight !

Funny thing happend again, end up in the D main still have no single luck with `that` engine keep flaming off on every refuelling until Mr. Sam Cheng (Serpent SG) looked at me and just tried to help but nothing can be done. He was on B1 starting grid.
It's sad that funny things like this happens on RACE day ! It happened to me too last weekend. I cannot explain why my engine did that. Always flaming out at the same corner ! Perhaps it's time to retire the engine...

Thanks for the report. Well, at the end of the day, we know that we tried our best.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Most of internationals are coming and joinning the race AS WELL AS looking for customer who wanted to carries their products EVEN if there are already some people been buying and selling their stuff including toykar Singapore.

... but it is true!!

The track is being resurfaced again with some emultion after having VHT 3 weeks ago so its become tackier ?
Especially in the some (shiny) spot. And if I noted there is no car that is not having tracktion rolled but it was a great track.
Using stock roll-center setup and lowest possible ride height (tire dia. too) 710 is look strong and scarry enough.
And just like Pyramid, my car is disqualified in 3rd heat with less 5 gram. That should enough to put me on 17th grid. On 4th heat im 2 sec faster, Oh boy im on the 12-13th. But when next group is warming up rain is falling so all of the 4th heat results is deleted.
So I stuck on the 28th grid
And my final is went bad too, lack of engine tuning.
After all it was a great event, I learn so much.
1 important thing we learn, adding more and more tracktion to the car is not always good sometime we must lessen 1 end to gain perfect balance.

I met Mr TEO from Kuching, Mr.(I forgot) from Hongnor Taiwan who bring CD3 factory driver. Its nice to see Mr Gary Soh and Chris, sorry for Gary being disqualified in all 3 heat. And Mr SK Tan to support WH in this event.
I met Mr Sam-Funny-Cheng, he was definetely born for Serpent, Mr. Khamil Hyder your engine is truly make a huge different, next time dont forget the tire split when using 46T pulley. And thanks to Mr Bryan for rear diff clamp advice.

But hey.. this is not official statement, we are not the organiser
Now is danis24 turn! please give your comment.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:48 PM

Khamil Hyder got his prototype engine from MS at a lucky draw in Serpent Asia Challenge in Thailand.
Ahh yes, that his last name. You surely do know a lot of people D (I meant a lot of serpent drivers ).

Addition: Hong Nor Taiwan also bringing thier factory driver but forgot their results with LD3. There is also one Woman driver named Audrey from Taiwan I believe. Serpent Malaysia also come.. I guess you already new this guy.

The next serpent challenge is probably on the newly built track in Shanghai that said cost US80K to built without the land cost. That must be a nice track for that much money.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

I believe the 2nd winner was Mr. Dhanu (Mr. Giant patners) using our partner`s G4 and the 3rd one is Mr. Fayakun (track`s owner). But none could give close competition to the first winner that will be coming to Brazil this year.
1. TS
2. Phillip Lee
3. Dhanu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.