Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
ROTF !

First time I'm seeing the "angry" side of Julius. Hey Julius, I think he expects you to pick him up via business class.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Mark, you should just make the trip with whatever equipment you have. I'll do that if I were you. Living so close to Holland, I'm pretty jealous. I'm sure you'll get some stuff that you can borrow or some kind soul (like Julius or Rene <ahem>) would be generous enough to donate some stuff to you.
Close in continental terms still means a 7 or 8 hour drive. Of course if I could get a lift that'd only be 1.5 hours
Old 06-03-2004, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by markp27
Close in continental terms still means a 7 or 8 hour drive. Of course if I could get a lift that'd only be 1.5 hours
For me Heemstede is about 2 hours by car.
In theory that is. I always get slowed down because I have to run after my car with my transmitter and a backpack with fuel, starterbox and tools.

But next Saturday I'm going to a metal festival in my home town. (<--headbanging)
Old 06-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red shoe

I found on mine it does the same. Especially if the track is bumpy and if you use very limited droop in the front. I must say that the belts and pulleys are very durable for the things we do to it.
OK, am convinced ... will try the mod
Old 06-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Like Glenn said....

Don't worry about the shafts. They are pretty durable. That's one exception about 3 Racing on rotating and moving parts. I have the main 2 speed shaft in and I'm pretty satisfied.
That's good to know 'cos I don't really want to strip the car again so soon after rebuilding to change both shafts if they snap.

Crashed_1 has been using the front and main shaft too from 3 Racing and I have not heard any complains yet. Believe me if he complained, I would be the first to know !
I know. On the other hand, the guy is generous with kudos too.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KevinS
...I always get slowed down because I have to run after my car with my transmitter and a backpack with fuel, starterbox and tools. ...
Right!

OK, here's a suggestion, get yourself a 1/4 scale formula 1 car, sit in it and then chase your 710 all the way to MACH. Of course you'll need the skill to use two seperate controllers simultaneously to drive both cars but if you can headbang all weekend and still stand up at the same time then 2 controllers in a doddle!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

More like 30 mins if Julius *really* do give you a lift on his wings (pun absolutely intended).
Old 06-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: 3 racing

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
OK, I was making an assumption (wrongly I now realise) that people would understand from that statement to mean the rotating/moving metal parts made by 3-Racing. The other weak one I've seen is the carrying handle (or roll-v\over bar). I think it was Glenn that experienced instant breakage on first or second impact.
I didn't even get a chance to run the darned thing.
I installed the carrying handle in the alu mounts, and then went to tighten the small grubscrews... twist... strip...
The alum. has the strength of lightweight cheddar cheese.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 racing

Originally posted by GlennCauley
I didn't even get a chance to run the darned thing.
I installed the carrying handle in the alu mounts, and then went to tighten the small grubscrews... twist... strip...
The alum. has the strength of lightweight cheddar cheese.
This is what I found with the bumper brace, too. The two little alu posts which go into the foam bumper: I was putting the screws into them and tightening them up, when suddenly I felt the tension reduce as I was turning the screw - it had started to strip.
You're absolutely right about the alu being like chedder cheese

How's your engine coming along?
Old 06-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 racing

How's your engine coming along?

I haven't had a chance this week to do more engine break-in.
I will probably do it on the weekend.
I plan to put in my NovaMega pipe with new header, and give that a try.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 racing

You're absolutely right about the alu being like chedder cheese
Hey guys, don't make reference to parts being like cheese. Else the guys in the Holland factory would take that comment like it was meant for them !
Old 06-03-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 racing

Hey guys, don't make reference to parts being like cheese. Else the guys in the Holland factory would take that comment like it was meant for them !

Just got my 710 back together eventually! My parts came today Tomorrow evening I will attempt to do a run-in - pity the parts hadn't come a little sooner
Old 06-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Guys, Thanks for the help with the shocks...I went home and they are not even rebounding at all???? I have been sooo busy at work that I do not have time to re-build them (and probally will not for the next month ). But you guys say that they are good and that I must learn to build them correct, than I won't give up.

Also, InitialD...how are the RC tracks in Mordor, and can the Orcs drive good (I did not see anthing about that in the movie)
Old 06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Right!

OK, here's a suggestion, get yourself a 1/4 scale formula 1 car, sit in it and then chase your 710 all the way to MACH. Of course you'll need the skill to use two seperate controllers simultaneously to drive both cars but if you can headbang all weekend and still stand up at the same time then 2 controllers in a doddle!
Brilliant!

One problem solved.

Now I'd just like to know how I can start my nitro-powered starterbox.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by KevinS
For me Heemstede is about 2 hours by car.
In theory that is. I always get slowed down because I have to run after my car with my transmitter and a backpack with fuel, starterbox and tools.

But next Saturday I'm going to a metal festival in my home town. (<--headbanging)
So come on Sunday and see a great race!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.