Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank??

Originally posted by Schrijver99
Same tank: YES, Same filter: No its a new fuel filter!!!!!!
But do you still need to use an external filter with the 710? If yes, then it's still the same filter as far as the drivers are concern !
Old 11-19-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank??

No, there's a new fuel filter inside the tank
Yes, as with all tanks in gas powered cars, you have an internal filter in the tank.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Do you use this car with a touring body or a lola body, cause of the modded floating bodymount rear (I see normal body posts added)
Yes, I use the lola mount and mod it to have longer body post screwed on it so that I could use TC bodies.

With the lola mount you are not able to use the 7 mm rollcenter spacers on the upper rear knuckles but you're able to slit in a 2.5 mm spacer which I find is OK for my setup.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
I still cannot get mine the way your built it as without the diff plate (inside the diff adjuster) the balls will all fall out. It is just because the diff adjuster is not shaped to hold the balls, in fact, it is shaped to hold the diff plate
I have yet to use my external diff adjuster. I use the FPS diff pulley which requires bigger balls from the 15 x 28 x 9 (part number 1374). These balls are way bigger (4.5 mm in diameter) than the stock ball diff ones. That and the excellent tip on how to build a perfect diff so that you can adjust it externally and not make it slip. Works perfectly for me !
Old 11-19-2003, 12:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by InitialD
I have yet to use my external diff adjuster. I use the FPS diff pulley which requires bigger balls from the 15 x 28 x 9 (part number 1374). These balls are way bigger (4.5 mm in diameter) than the stock ball diff ones. That and the excellent tip on how to build a perfect diff so that you can adjust it externally and not make it slip. Works perfectly for me !
Oh yes I forgot to add that the diff stays very smooth after many runs unlike the stock one where it becomes gritty sandy feeling when you turn it. I think it's because the lip on the FPS diff pulley covers and seals the diff balls quite good.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank??

Yes, as with all tanks in gas powered cars, you have an internal filter in the tank.
you're right but not with the 705 wich has a fuel-pickup and not a fuel-filter inside (bad product) the new 710 has a new filter in side the tank so you don't need an external filter

I'm also running the FPS and the new diffadjuster, i use the FPS for long runs and as a backup when i don't feel right with the diffadjuster. I think the FPS is better to adjust in very little steps, but its also very heavy for the car
Old 11-19-2003, 01:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank??

I'm also running the FPS and the new diffadjuster, i use the FPS for long runs and as a backup when i don't feel right with the diffadjuster. I think the FPS is better to adjust in very little steps, but its also very heavy for the car
Well, I was actually not referring to running the FPS diff itself. I was referring to running the ordinary ball diff BUT using the FPS pulley instead of the normal pulley meant for the ball diff...
Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel Tank??

Well, I was actually not referring to running the FPS diff itself. I was referring to running the ordinary ball diff BUT using the FPS pulley instead of the normal pulley meant for the ball diff...
See the difference?
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-rear_ball_diff.jpg  
Old 11-19-2003, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

See the difference?
Yes i see. But it's you need more time to adjust the diff that with the FPS or Diffadjuster.

Do i see that you have your modded Ball-Diff in your Impulse and an old Gear-Diff in your 705 . Or is it that my eyes are getting old

I hope that with the new 710 the problems with diff are gone
Old 11-19-2003, 02:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Yes i see. But it's you need more time to adjust the diff that with the FPS or Diffadjuster.
Not really. I find no difference in the time to adjust the modded ball diff than with the FPS. Put in the pin in the hole to lock the diff and turn the right rear wheel clockwise (to tighten) or anticlockwise (to loosen). That's it.

Do i see that you have your modded Ball-Diff in your Impulse and an old Gear-Diff in your 705 . Or is it that my eyes are getting old
Your eyes are getting old ! The Impulse PRO initially had the FPS but now it's in the 705 (the one with the mod rear floating mount). So the lighter modded ball diff is now in the Impulse PRO (soon to be converted to another 705 ). The rear gear diff? In the tool box.

I hope that with the new 710 the problems with diff are gone
There's actually no problems with the ball diff in my opinion. You just need to install it correctly and it works consistant from time to time.
Old 11-19-2003, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Weight!

Guys,

Getting back to the weight discussion, I think it came in at 1675g, i know it was with body, radio, but no fuel... What about engine and tune pipe? Look forward to hearing from you soon

SN
Old 11-19-2003, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Whats this about diff problems that serpent have? I was hoping i had left all that behind when i sold my NTC3?

SN
Old 11-19-2003, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Not really. I find no difference in the time to adjust the modded ball diff than with the FPS. Put in the pin in the hole to lock the diff and turn the right rear wheel clockwise (to tighten) or anticlockwise (to loosen). That's it.
Don't you use the lock-screw

Your eyes are getting old ! The Impulse PRO initially had the FPS but now it's in the 705 (the one with the mod rear floating mount). So the lighter modded ball diff is now in the Impulse PRO (soon to be converted to another 705 ). The rear gear diff? In the tool box.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=595935

What is it that i see in the lower right corner
It doesn't look like an FPS or ball diff
Old 11-19-2003, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Whats this about diff problems that serpent have? I was hoping i had left all that behind when i sold my NTC3?

SN
Sorry but it's problems with the (old) 705, the 710 has a new improved Diffadjuster
Old 11-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by S710_Nut
There's actually no problems with the 705 rear diffs. The only thing was that like the NTC3, you could not adjust the ball diff on the fly. You need to loosen the grub screw which is difficult to access. Else, if you try to loosen the rear diff externally without loosening the grub screw, you'll end up with the rear end loosing drive.

There's a simple solution to that which is to use loctite. There was some instructions compiled with regards to building a bullet proof ball diff posted on the 705 thread. One that would make the ball diff able to adjust externally even without the use of the external diff adjuster hop up.

I further went ahead to use the FPS pulley on the normal ball diff because that one protects and closes the diff balls better. Also, not that it's a serious problem but it takes away the wobble found when you install the stock pulley. And yes, lastly the FPS diff pulley is wider and does not make the rear belt slip like what some people have complained...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.