Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Down graded

Originally posted by markp27
The alu bracket isn't required - I asked Michael this already:
Can't we deserve some of those bling bling stuff on our cars?
Old 11-16-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Down graded

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Fair comment Michael, and despite what the Mugen guys think there is none better than Serpent and it sure is better to lead than to follow. Now I wonder if they will have a clone out for the Winter Nats.
I think we should give credit where credit is due. The Mugen is a good car out of the box nonetheless. On small tight tracks, they dominate but on the large tracks, they gave the 705 a hard time too. Well, I guess with the advent of the 710, Serpent will once again rule the track totally and zoom pass them like hot knife on butter !
Old 11-16-2003, 06:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Roll Centre & Ackerman?

Originally posted by MichaelS
the car features adjustable fornt AND rear rollcenters, but not adjustable Ackermann.
I thought I remember reading somewhere on mytsn that the 710 will have adjustable Ackermann. I may be wrong...
Old 11-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ub
I am a kind of amused following this forum. Okay, Michael likes wine, Rene doesn´t like orange. But didn´t it start with the seven-ten?
Woow, first it was Julius. Then Rene. Micheal and Paolo followed suite. Now we have Uwe ! Welcome aboard !
Old 11-16-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Prophet

It is apparently the ex-KHM car and it seems he got rid of the battery pack - instead the batteries are placed on the chassis (so, glued on) around the fuel tank area.
Perhaps somebody should get KHM online ! We could get answers and engine problems solved by the engine guru himself !

Or perhaps get a special custom made KHM RCtech edition with an orange heatsink for the 710!
Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Prophet

I really need to rebuild my 705 to attempt to get rid of the tweak. It's not a weight distribution problem, as I have an MSP Tweak Station and from that I can see there is no tweak in the chassis - I think maybe one of the arms is binding a little.
Mark, the arms should be free moving and without binding. The car might not show tweak when the car is static on the tweak station. For me, what I do is I simulate what happens when the car brakes. The front of the car dives in and the rear lifts upwards. So what I do is press the front of the car suspension and check the tweak of the car in the rear. They should be balanced left and right. If not, either the arms are binding, the shocks are of different length or rear droop not set correctly. This Of course, tires must be the same left and right in the rear. I believe is quite the same as the eyeball method described on the 705 manual.

Also makes sure that the distance between the wheels to the center of the chassis is the same and equal on both sides.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ub
I would say that a solid front axle is only an advantage on very specific tracks. But normally a one-way front end should be better - and on very twisty tracks a front end differential could help to improve. I drove my 705 only with a one-way.
Yup, I love the one way. Even on smaller tracks, I use them. Call me cheap because I refuse to buy the expensive front diff gears !

Now, I'm testing out the solid front for myself on the Impulse PRO. I've got it close to how I would like the car to be with a one way front but with 4WD brakes ! I find that somehow in the middle of a sweeper, the car slows down a little compared to when using a one way. Tight turn ins and apexes are a thing of the past on this car with the solid front. However, I'm still in the middle of testing it.

My conclusion since just now is that the solid front is good only if the car does not have to do sweepers and S bend chicanes. I guess the track that Mark drives favours a solid front more than anything due to a number of apexes after a straight run !
Old 11-16-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Belt Question

Just shooting a wild question at the Team Drivers...

What are the number of teeths the 3 belts are having? Also, I notice that on the rear of the 705, 22T brake pulley and 47T diff pulley combo uses the same stock 23T brake pulley and 46T diff pulley combo.

So now with the 710's 24T brake pulley and 45T rear diff pulley, are the rear belts the same? Or is the 2 speed shaft on the 710 at a different location relative to the 705?
Old 11-16-2003, 07:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Overdrive Question...

Was the 710 tested with different overdrives and tire split? I think this was asked before by some...

Anyway, puching some numbers in, I believe you can run the 710 with a 4 mm split to get 1:1 overdrive when using 23T rear side pulley instead of the stock 22T.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

InitialD, "Mr. Post-O-Matic"
Having problems posting. Can't wait to get to "Tech Elite". Install the "InitialD Post-O-Matic" software and you'll be "Tech Elite" in mo time.

Anyway, I've been thru this thread since day one. Its been very informative. The questions I had about the 710 has been anxwered.

And its great to see the people from Serpent here, Michael, Julius and Rene. Thanks guys.

I got one question, what will price of the 710 be?
Old 11-16-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

that all depends on what size your tyres are you can go from a .995 to 1. depends on mm of tyres frt to rear
Old 11-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Blame it on the dutch guys and not forgetting that sole guy from Nuremberg !!!
Hey, I've been good today Been out for my first real run with the EVO III Surikarn. I was at a very small indoor carpet track - wow! it was great fun, but I see I need a lot of practice. I need to work hard on the setup of the car - transitioning from left-right and right-left is too slow - too much understeer, too. Then the CA glue seemed to melt and the tyre came off the rim Didn't have any CA with me, so that was the end of the day.

Still not quite getting the hang of the one-way though - spins too easily under breaking. I'll keep at it to see if I can get any better at the breaking.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Perhaps somebody should get KHM online ! We could get answers and engine problems solved by the engine guru himself !

Or perhaps get a special custom made KHM RCtech edition with an orange heatsink for the 710!
Yes, yes - I think Herr KHM should come online, too. Then I can ask him about his ex-Vector NT
Old 11-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Mark, the arms should be free moving and without binding.
I think it may be the front suspension arms, as they don't drop down on their own accord. The rear arms are perfect, now. I took some material off with my dremel and now they are really smooth.

I think I'll start on my 705 rebuild - I doubt I'll get to drive it again this year - not now that I've found the carpet track Another great racing place only 30 minutes from my home!
Old 11-16-2003, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Julius
Yes, it's a picture of KLM's brand new Boeing 777. I took it during a training flight at Chateroux france.
It is not mine "777" !!!!!!!! Please don't mix that cucumber with my "art"!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.