Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I guess the track that Mark drives favours a solid front more than anything due to a number of apexes after a straight run !
Certainly the Nuernberg track seems faster for me with a solid axel. But the small carpet track with the Surikarn is, I'm sure, better with the one-way. I just have to learn how to drive with it
Old 11-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RoyU
InitialD, "Mr. Post-O-Matic"
Actually, I'll come clean on this one. InitialD doesn't exist He is simply a piece of software I wrote whilst I was bored one day - it takes the contents of several posts on certain forums and combines them together to look like a new and informative post

Quite simple really
Old 11-16-2003, 08:48 AM
ub
Tech Rookie

Thumbs down

@Mark: To which carpet track did you go? Why didn´t you have any CA with yo`? That´s a must. Was there nobody around to help you clueing your tires?
Old 11-16-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Active Rear Toe

Michael can you explain briefly this "ART" system. What types of track and or conditions would you run more or less toe change.
Glad to see all the factory response to these questions very refreshing coming from being a former Mugen team driver where information is never shared. Looking forward to 2004 driving nothing but Serpents. I will begin building my 950R on Tuesday as long as the big brown truck shows up.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
@Mark: To which carpet track did you go? Why didn´t you have any CA with yo`? That´s a must. Was there nobody around to help you clueing your tires?
Hi Uwe,

I went to the MAC-Lauf circuit - just outside Nuernberg. Lack of experience ment that I didn't have any CA with me There were plenty of people there who would have helped me out, but I'd been there a couple of hours and I wanted to think about what I'd learnt from running at the circuit.
It was a lot harder driving on this circuit than the outdoor one in Nuernberg.
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by RoyU
InitialD, "Mr. Post-O-Matic"
I'm actually waiting to read a whole page with posts just by InitialD,I know he can do it !!!

MichaelS,turn on your PM feature dude!
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No engine's talks!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

I have never owned a serpent... I was going to get a R40, but now that the serpent guys are here, answering questions...I think that I will have to get a 710...
Old 11-16-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Belt Question

Just shooting a wild question at the Team Drivers...

What are the number of teeths the 3 belts are having? Also, I notice that on the rear of the 705, 22T brake pulley and 47T diff pulley combo uses the same stock 23T brake pulley and 46T diff pulley combo.

So now with the 710's 24T brake pulley and 45T rear diff pulley, are the rear belts the same? Or is the 2 speed shaft on the 710 at a different location relative to the 705?
The rear belt is the same (201) like on the 705.
The side belt is shorter (new)
And the front belt is longer (also new).
I don't know the exact number of the teeths, i think the side belt was 446 and the front like 225. Must look at the office.

Last edited by Rene C.; 11-16-2003 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Overdrive Question...

Was the 710 tested with different overdrives and tire split? I think this was asked before by some...

Anyway, puching some numbers in, I believe you can run the 710 with a 4 mm split to get 1:1 overdrive when using 23T rear side pulley instead of the stock 22T.
Why you want to drive that much overdrive? A 4mm smaller tyre means less driving time. Ok, I know that the rear tyres wear harder than the front one’s, but to change the overdrive and use smaller tyres is not the way we should go. When you have a traction-roll problem, and you had to use smaller rear tyres like 60 the front tyres must be 56. So the driving time is nearly zero. With the 710 the rear tyre wear is better then with the 705. Every time a car slides, the tyre wear’s. The 710 is more in balance, so the rear don’t slides that much. It’s still more than the front tyres.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default disappointed

Rene,

I am disappointed as the new car doesn't have vent disk, hudy steel spring dog bones and axles as standard!
You guys are saying its the best/most exciting car to come from serpent, and I think the best car should come with the best AVAILABLE parts. And thoss parts listed are clearly better, in terms of hardness, weight.
And at 400USD a pop I think serpent can bare the little upgrade,, and add 20 USD, I don't think MOST consumers mind at all!!
Old 11-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Active Rear Toe

Originally posted by YBSLOW
Michael can you explain briefly this "ART" system. What types of track and or conditions would you run more or less toe change.
Glad to see all the factory response to these questions very refreshing coming from being a former Mugen team driver where information is never shared. Looking forward to 2004 driving nothing but Serpents. I will begin building my 950R on Tuesday as long as the big brown truck shows up.

Julius already answert this questionm.

He wrote :
The ART suspension has three main positions.
- Neutral, No change in toe.
- Up, The wheel gets less toe-in when the suspension compresses. This makes the rear steer more in corners.
- Down, opposite to up. It will make the car more stable under accelleration and braking (just using more static toe-in would make braking more difficult) but reduces the steering in fast corners.

Someone asked if we didn't believe in the system if you could use an option to run a "normal rear". If you'd thought first you'd realise that in every adjustment there is a "middle". If a company brings out a "hard" "medium" and "soft" spring you'd never comment "do they know what they are doing" Don't they trust the hard and soft ones to make an in between option available.
If that's the way you think, then you must think all tuning options on todays cars are a symbol of manufacturers not being sure of their design. Like "hey its a shit design, lets give them tuning options to sort it out!"

We think the ART suspension gives a tuning option that can help to refine the car to the track. Sometimes up works best, sometimes down, sometimes you'll find using the neutral gives the best feel of the car.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Rene, can you explain how the "Dynamic rear steering" works and how it affects the cars handling.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for that info.

Could you possibly give us a better picture of the rear suspension, maybe from the underside.
Old 11-16-2003, 09:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: disappointed

Originally posted by lawndoggie
Rene,

I am disappointed as the new car doesn't have vent disk, hudy steel spring dog bones and axles as standard!
You guys are saying its the best/most exciting car to come from serpent, and I think the best car should come with the best AVAILABLE parts. And thoss parts listed are clearly better, in terms of hardness, weight.
And at 400USD a pop I think serpent can bare the little upgrade,, and add 20 USD, I don't think MOST consumers mind at all!!
Ok, I know what you mean. I also want all the good stuff in the kitt.
But where is the line ?
I mean, should we also include solid axle (front and rear), front-differential, all the alu-stuff, all the springs and oil we have,…? Not everybody thinks that we should put thinks in the kit to make it more expensive. Not everyone has braking problem and need a vent disk or the new braking pats. Most of the driver’s running diff., or solid in the front have no problems. The things in the kit are not that bad you are telling.

Last edited by Rene C.; 11-16-2003 at 09:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.