Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is Slavens setup at the winternats04.
Front Roll-center position upper arm (mm): 2mm under.

Does this mean the spacers is on top? Raised or lower roll center?
Old 03-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cyba888
This is Slavens setup at the winternats04.
Front Roll-center position upper arm (mm): 2mm under.

Does this mean the spacers is on top? Raised or lower roll center?
It means 2mm spacers beetween the part that holds the pivot pin and the bearing block. This is the stock position.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Julius
It means 2mm spacers beetween the part that holds the pivot pin and the bearing block. This is the stock position.
Thanks
Old 03-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Cox049

cking to see where you are racing at im from maryland and I run at Dougs track and drive a serpent myself.Im running 12th scale right now and getting ready to go to the nats in 2 days when I get back I'll be getting ready for the nitro season at dougs and the various tracks around the area.I'll be more than glad to help you with you car(and any setup tips) when I start up racing nitro again towards the end of april just give me a pm and let me know everybody knows me in the area and the guys that switched to the 710 are waiting for me to run to give them a hand on setups and all for the tracks cause I only run serpent and have had yrs of experiences with setting them up see ya at the track

Dave aka (SNAKE) my real name not a joke
Old 03-22-2004, 05:44 AM

Originally posted by B
Serpent Kai is available:

http://www.kmodels-kai.com/nitro-kai-top-right.htm
Watch out for 3rd Racing products.. give a lot of sense of 'blings' to the car. No laydown conversion, but that SSG graphites are very nice touch. Will soon built the 3rd car right after upcoming National EP race early next month.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Julius
When parts get warmer they flex more and thus break less. In case of the rear a-arm however as the part gets hotter it gets more flexible thus allowing the thread to come out more easily.

Needless to say we've already made changes where nescessary and the strengthened parts are becoming available.
I agree. Thats what I basically said. My response was based on people mentioning that the threads strip easily. The people saying the threads are stripping more easily come from warmer climate were the plastic softens and flexes more.

I was going to mention that Serpent have been working to fix this but didnt want to state something based on hearsay. We have had no problems with the 710 in Ireland. Our track is built inside wooden board and metal fence surround and the infield is made up of several islands which are made using road marking paint built up in layers. So the cars take a lot of abuse
Old 03-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Whats the deal with the "serpent Kai"? I can't read the website? Is the rear shock tower thing they have suppost to cure all the problems with breaking the shock tower? Is this "Kai" any good? Never heard of them before
Old 03-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Whats the deal with the "serpent Kai"? I can't read the website? Is the rear shock tower thing they have suppost to cure all the problems with breaking the shock tower? Is this "Kai" any good? Never heard of them before
from the looks of this picture ,it seems ike the same shock tower with an added brace

Old 03-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD

Purple springs? Ummm.
They seem to be X-ray springs
Old 03-22-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Cox049

Originally posted by serpentracer1
cking to see where you are racing at im from maryland and I run at Dougs track and drive a serpent myself.Im running 12th scale right now and getting ready to go to the nats in 2 days when I get back I'll be getting ready for the nitro season at dougs and the various tracks around the area.I'll be more than glad to help you with you car(and any setup tips) when I start up racing nitro again towards the end of april just give me a pm and let me know everybody knows me in the area and the guys that switched to the 710 are waiting for me to run to give them a hand on setups and all for the tracks cause I only run serpent and have had yrs of experiences with setting them up see ya at the track

Dave aka (SNAKE) my real name not a joke
It will be great to meet you Dave! I'll add my 710 and myself to the list of guys that are waiting for your presence and knowledge (very needed in my case)

I was at Doug's yesterday, it was closed for pre-season repairs .

I'll PM you

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default Another work in progress ...

Folks,

Head over to http://rc.kel-ain.com , a site still being worked on by me.

I'm open to comments and suggestions. You can download MarkP's FAQ there also.

Cheers!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Dear Julius,

Thank you for a chance of a great discussion.

I wanted to make clear that my previous post is not to say that "X brand is better than Serpent", but to point out my experience with the 710. My experience might not be inline with the mass, but I don't think I am a loner either. Yes there are weak points in all things, and which is better than which is a matter of personal opinion and experiences, but I do feel that something could be done even better. I see the 710 as a step stone for a good change in Serpent, that's why I buy it at the first place.

While I bid my farewell to my 710, I will keep an eye on the coming Serpent, and if I see one I like I will give it a try for sure! Let's see when the 715 or 720 comes to the market....
Old 03-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Julius,

I have just ran my 710 for 1st time at my local track. The car was quite impressive about performance and gearing.

But I'm having a problem with Traction Roll that I was using 37 , 59-60mm and some of my friends are usiing 42 and even 45, We still had the traction roll at some highspeed corner with red or blue spring. What we should do to solve the problem? raise up the rear roll center ? play with small tire ?

Any idea ?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

antil roll bar, stiffen it.
cut your tyres a little bit...

SLOW DOWN !!!! -> solved my problem

I was doing the EVo thing where my inside rear wheel would come off the ground a bit. It was awesome.

I raced yesterday for the first time 2. I will post soon about it. =)
Old 03-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Where can I get those kai parts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.