Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Droop!

Originally posted by Pyramid
1. More droop (more movement of arms) will make more contact path for tires to the ground, thus more grip when cornering with speed.
This is the correct one.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Droop!

Originally posted by S710_Nut
InitialD: I am looking at the book now... So i take it their is no set gap between the frnt and rear droop?
I don't get you... Increasing droop means for example +7 to +5 on the droop scale.

Oh, yes, I also remember than rubber tires work better when front and rear sway bars are taken out. Set the car for as little camber change as possible and use lower roll centers to get more grip. The idea is to make the car roll more.
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Very true. That is why I feel that a solid can be pretty much have the best of both worlds so to speak.
So did you harrass See Thau Phor for the diffy?...
Tech Elite

Very true. That is why I feel that a solid can be pretty much have the best of both worlds so to speak.
Can you get enough steering back with the setup.

After running the one-way on the Surikarn for a while now, I'm getting quite comfortable with it, but until I get back onto the big outdoor circuit,I won't know if I'm comfortable with the 705/710 with a one-way.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
So did you harrass See Thau Phor for the diffy?...
Oh, my precious !
Old 02-09-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Can you get enough steering back with the setup.
Well, you can get it as good as a one way but close... With the 710, it's even better. Use higher rear roll centers to shift the balance of the car and your car will easily rotate around the corners ultimately giving more steering !
Old 02-09-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, my precious !
Wadda ya mean my precious??!!!

HEY!!!!...

It's ok. We can share share. I don't think I'll be using it for long.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Well, you can get it as good as a one way but close... With the 710, it's even better. Use higher rear roll centers to shift the balance of the car and your car will easily rotate around the corners ultimately giving more steering !
How does this affect the rear traction under acceleration - I really hadn't got round to optimising my 705 setup with the solid, but under power the rear end was pretty loose.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:06 AM

Default Re: Re: Re: Droop!

This is the correct one.
It is logical to mee too.. but can you challenge the brunos method?

Another thing,
Higher roll center = less roll? if yes, how come less tracktion?
Old 02-09-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

As for 1 way or diff in 710 this is my opinions,

As you know the 705 is only evo version from Impulse and the car is designed or built to work with front diff. And the car is only a shorter / narrower version from Impact. And they have a slanted front arm design, even Vector is using this basic.

And 1 way era is come. Serpent is releasing that optional without changing any geometry (only shocktower, if im not wrong). Then polishing the version with the pro and finally 705. And we all know the result. Im not saying it was a bad car, it just take so much effort to make the car being easy to drive. How much you can expect from a front diff designed car that using front 1 way? As we come to agree that we must using front overdrive, harder fr tire,solid fr axle etc..etc.. what for? we trying to reduce the front traction to balancing the limited rear traction.

Now is 710. And I think the kit is perfectly build already, some misses here and that is normally acceptable (for me personally, not for distributor that having a huge stock quantity).
The front geometry (straight arm) is way better already not to mention the tuning adjustability equipped.

That is why I dont see a big advantage of using the front diff
in 710. I prefer to using another suspension element to control how much and how fast the tracktion in tyre.

Unless Serpent is prepare to make another setup book(with front diff character) and put it into the newly "weak point-free" 710.
Pls be aware that this is an open forum where the big/small distributor meets dealer or end user and competitor also.
And dont punch unnecessary button (already).

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-09-2004, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Droop!

The idea is to make the car roll more.
ahh, didnt see this one.. since I'm interested on the same subject, I hope you dont mind me talking over it also.

When the car rolls more, you will get more steering. It is just like having more droop? if you can turns sharper/tighter, you should feel (or it is actually) the rear is loosing its tracktion so that front can take over it?

That roll center thing in the setup booklet gets me confuse now as what I believe in roll center when driving my EP (TRF414 where the EP Champs 2002 makes other company looks more into roll center when desinging new cars).
Old 02-09-2004, 06:25 AM

Originally posted by GoldFinger
That is why I dont see a big advantage of using the front diff
in 710.
Hi there,
Maybe this is just option for people who likes using brake a lot?... not drift like the fast guy? Like they said, if we don't offer it, somebody will..
Old 02-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Goldfinger ... likewise. It would be an honour but I won't be able to make it. My current job requires me to do a lot of travelling and its really messing up my racing schedules!
Schedule your bussines travelling after you fixing your racing schedule...

Originally posted by Sow&Steady

As for Sir KHM, just change your guru ... this is the second time he didn't do so well. I wasn't sure what problems he had but he certainly was the first one at track yesterday and he had a brand new MTX as well as a brand new Rody V12 on it. Maybe he was unlucky and we know that happens from time to time to all racers.
I thought that he was driving the snakes.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Hi there,
Maybe this is just option for people who likes using brake a lot?... not drift like the fast guy? Like they said, if we don't offer it, somebody will..
Old 02-09-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi there,
Then start to think to make an RTR or ETD (easy to drive) version.

Im agree with markp27 said, the F1 analogy that they keep upgrading the car to go faster and faster but remember, they dont sell the car!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.