Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Just a quick question , as im looking to get a nitro car to do some club events i would like to know if the 710 works well with rubber tyres ??

I dont want to use foams as i have plenty of rubber tyres sitting around from racing my electric touring car.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

I am sure you can make a 710 perform as well as any ter NTC out there with rubber tires. Just check to make sure that the wheels you have will fit on the 710. Some wheels are still interfering with the suspension parts.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: 710

Originally posted by Pyramid
I never have luck either with KO or Sanwa servos, they all seems to generate noise which make it always unsteady (I tried until 2123/43 and ERG-WR I believe and it was on my electric cars).. I would always go with Futaba
Have you had any experience with the S9350 Pyramid?

Originally posted by cyba888
Get the Sanwa WRX Its suppose to be the fastest speed contoller Thats what im using on my 710
This does look good cyba888, but unfortunately is just out of my budget, got to draw the line somewhere!

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
As for servo's, like you, for the same price I'd go for the Sanwa. I'd use the VR for steering and VB for the brake/throttle. Speeds are close but the VR is faster and helps a lot if you ever get to race at the LRRC !
The VR is what has been recommended, but the Futaba S9350 also looks promising, slightly slower but benefits from the extra holding power of Digital and 10Kg of torque as opposed to 8Kg for the VR, with the downside being extra current draw; decisions, decisions!!!!!!

Do any of these 2 fit better in the 710? this may make the choice easier, thanks for the input guys.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: 710

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
The VR is what has been recommended, but the Futaba S9350 also looks promising, slightly slower but benefits from the extra holding power of Digital and 10Kg of torque as opposed to 8Kg for the VR, with the downside being extra current draw; decisions, decisions!!!!!!

Do any of these 2 fit better in the 710? this may make the choice easier, thanks for the input guys.
As we use Sanwa equipment in all our cars at the factory, they certainly fit

I use VR non digitals in my 710. I don't car much for the digital servos. I don't see the point. If you decide on digital, use it only on the steering. They use a lot of current on the throttle.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Originally posted by Julius
As we use Sanwa equipment in all our cars at the factory, they certainly fit

I use VR non digitals in my 710. I don't car much for the digital servos. I don't see the point. If you decide on digital, use it only on the steering. They use a lot of current on the throttle.
Coming from yourself Julius that's recommendation enough, decision made! I know there has been lots of discussion about the steering linkage length with most guys shortening it down to 39mm, is this the case with the Sanwa servos as well?

Regards

Mark
Old 02-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
I remember reading the S710 set up booklet and came accross about the roll center. If I remember them correctly, they are opposite explenation between the higher front and higher rear as it describe less traction for rear (with higher rear, lower pin high) and more traction for front (higher front, less spacer below)... Is this really correct? or I just miss interpret the statement? or better yet, I got it all wrong
Pyramid, the setup booklet explanation is correct. The more angled the arms are (whether front or rear), the higher the roll center. High roll center prevent the car from rolling and hence less grip.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Master D

Originally posted by markp27
What is the approx cost of a 710 at your place? I've got a reasonably good deal here.
I'll sent a PM to you later Mark.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

I know there has been lots of discussion about the steering linkage length with most guys shortening it down to 39mm, is this the case with the Sanwa servos as well?
Don't know. Perhaps with the Sanwa servos, you can follow the manual measurement. I think that was what Julius mentioned.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by S710_Nut
The pressure line is 17cm long and i am using an eagle racing pipe.

I am going to to try with the filter on the delivery line, what size do you run and what size pressure line should i run. I have some new JET Racing fuel tube? What do you suggest?
I don't think the silicone fuel tubing is a problem but on a side note, I love how the original Serpent ones that come with the kit will last me !

The last I measured, I run mine at 20 cm. The delivery line with the inline Tornado fuel filter is as short as possible. Perhaps you can try running a fuel filter (mind the direction of the air) in the pressure line. Then you can run at shorter lengths.

Ummm, can you try and get hold of a different pipe? Perhaps borrow a spare one from a friend? I don't know but perhaps the pipe you're running sounds dodgy. My 2 cents.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Pyramid, the setup booklet explanation is correct. The more angled the arms are (whether front or rear), the higher the roll center. High roll center prevent the car from rolling and hence less grip.
The statement is correct. However, higher roll center causes more camber change when the suspension is compressed, doesn't it ?
Old 02-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Master D

Originally posted by InitialD
I'll sent a PM to you later Mark.
Cool!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by redsand
The statement is correct. However, higher roll center causes more camber change when the suspension is compressed, doesn't it ?
More angled (upper link) = less camber change when cornering.
Shorter upper link = the speed (faster) of camber change.

Actually (I need to find my setup booklet and re read) what I confuse about is the statement (if I remember it correctly) that says higher front = more grip while higher rear = less grip.. Maybe I just mis read the setup booklet.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 710

Coming from yourself Julius that's recommendation enough, decision made! I know there has been lots of discussion about the steering linkage length with most guys shortening it down to 39mm, is this the case with the Sanwa servos as well?

Regards

Mark
I made it slightly shorter than in the book. I made it around 42mm. To do so I used a plain m3 threaded rod. Then you can use the ball joints unmodified and thread them on till they touch each other. You'll have the correct lenght then.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone have a Team Associated starter box? I have no luck with it trying to start up my 710. It works fine with my friends MTX-3. The starter wheel is too low for the 710 I think Im going to go and get a Black Magic starter box, the Serpent one's are too expensive and not really worth it. The Black Magic starter box is the smallest one I have seen but the cover is plastic.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by cyba888
Does anyone have a Team Associated starter box? I have no luck with it trying to start up my 710. It works fine with my friends MTX-3. The starter wheel is too low for the 710 I think Im going to go and get a Black Magic starter box, the Serpent one's are too expensive and not really worth it. The Black Magic starter box is the smallest one I have seen but the cover is plastic.
I have the Thunder Tiger starter box. Its universal and adjustable. it starts my Max like it already ran 1 gallon to it. BTW, im using 2 stick pack i.e. 14.4Volts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.