Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Hello everybody

I was having trouble with refueling during pitstops were a splash of fuel on my battery connecter would cause the fail safe to come on! I am not using a switch and the plug is secured on top of the reciever box (next to the chassis) Were do you guys keep your plug that would keep away from fuel spillage?
Old 11-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Brett.w
Hello everybody

I was having trouble with refueling during pitstops were a splash of fuel on my battery connecter would cause the fail safe to come on! I am not using a switch and the plug is secured on top of the reciever box (next to the chassis) Were do you guys keep your plug that would keep away from fuel spillage?
That is strange. It's probably shorting the leads. I've had fuel spills on the plug and never had problems. My plug is situated on the CF radio tray nearest to the front of the tank.

Perhaps the fuel is going to the receiver pack and shorting it too. Have you checked that?

If you're certain that it's the plug, why not make a small contraption by bending over some lexan over the plug to protect fuel from spill over from the refueling?
Old 11-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello everybody

Like Master explaination, it shouldnt be a problem could be somewhere else.
PLs check your BATTERY PACK, open the shrink film, could be broken battery bar. I ever had that problem, coz the shrink is still in good condition it will run fine, except when there is amount spillage through it fail safe is like on and off.
Before knowing it was battery bar problem, i blame the receiver, servo and it is very paintfull.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Like Master explaination, it shouldnt be a problem could be somewhere else.
PLs check your BATTERY PACK, open the shrink film, could be broken battery bar. I ever had that problem, coz the shrink is still in good condition it will run fine, except when there is amount spillage through it fail safe is like on and off.
Before knowing it was battery bar problem, i blame the receiver, servo and it is very paintfull.
I have ballooned both the reciever and the battery pack to eliminate whats wrong and it always seems to LEAD to the plug but i will try the lexan.

Thanks for the info guys
Old 11-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Yes, very painful and frustrating to troubleshoot. The problem with most of us is we try to tackle and blame the parts that we can physically see before checking other parts. Classic example is my Tx problem but thanks you, it works out just fine now. I think I was clouded too much by the bright side.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have ballooned both the reciever and the battery pack to eliminate whats wrong and it always seems to LEAD to the plug but i will try the lexan.

Thanks for the info guys
Just to remember, to much impact on the car could break the soldering in batt pack.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, very painful and frustrating to troubleshoot. The problem with most of us is we try to tackle and blame the parts that we can physically see before checking other parts. Classic example is my Tx problem but thanks you, it works out just fine now. I think I was clouded too much by the bright side.
Ha ha ha... I guess thats what this forum are for..
Old 11-28-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default First Ever Indoor R/C Offroad Track in Indo

This doesnt have anything todo with the tread, but I'm so eager to share with you guys.

This is r/c offroad indoor track in Ciater, Bandung - Indonesia.

Thanks to Asboy for taking pic.

BTW, the track is huuuggeeee...even 1/8th scale buggy looks like an ant from the driver stand. Average lap time for A main driver is 40s+ seconds.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-ciater.jpg  
Old 11-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: First Ever Indoor R/C Offroad Track in Indo

The track looks superb ! All I can think of is 24/7.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Just a short note to say that the silver coloured 16T pinion from the newer Serpent orange packing is da bomb. All of us who were using it had no problems meshing with the wear because there was no wear at all ! Meshing with the 61T is also not a problem.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Just a short note to say that the silver coloured 16T pinion from the newer Serpent orange packing is da bomb. All of us who were using it had no problems meshing with the wear because there was no wear at all ! Meshing with the 61T is also not a problem.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by redsand
This doesnt have anything todo with the tread, but I'm so eager to share with you guys.

BTW, the track is huuuggeeee...even 1/8th scale buggy looks like an ant from the driver stand. Average lap time for A main driver is 40s+ seconds.
So this is what rumours said formerly horse istal ?
Amazing !! You Bandung people is always doing hobby like crazy.

I remember very long ago ever participate on a "downhill motor road race" (
Old 11-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: First Ever Indoor R/C Offroad Track in Indo

So this is what rumours said formerly horse istal ?
Amazing !! You Bandung people is always doing hobby like crazy.

I remember very long ago ever participate on a "downhill motor road race" (
i told you should come to bandung
Old 11-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by redsand

So this is what rumour saying is formerly horse istal ?

Amazing !! You Bandung People always doing hobby extremely crazy !

I remember very long ago, I ever participate on downhill road race (outlaw motorbike) without having braking system installed.
That race truly change my perception about what fear and guts was.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey rif, when will the blackbook rev5 finally come out ?

this morning i went to a machinist to drill a 3mm hole on the left side of the chassis (just a tad in front of the mid pulley mount) to install a 20 gram of ballast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.