Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ammdrew
I learned the drag brake trick the hard way
Thank you for crossing this drag brake thing to our mind...

Been testing today, 1st I decided to start using this one but Pyramid have another suggestion. He feels that 710 rolls very free if we compare with another car that using gear diff.
Our conclusion is that there is already drag brake in there !! And that "clings" to our mind. No wonder that MTX or G4 car is always faster in particular corner. (Just a hence).
That we decide to use brake on those cornes. After couple of setup change even swap the bodyshells, I think we hit 1 jackpot for small and tight track.

With combination of lower shore for front tire (37F, 40R), 5mm fr caster(in front), very tight ball diff, drs arm on lowest position (all spacer above) and 1 deg rear toe in, the turn in is enough already. And out corner is awesome, the car is always going to exactly where i want. This is very aggresive setup. Steering DR is only 75%.

The smoother one is using same shore(40F.40R) but lower front spring rate (yellow FR, red RR) both using 70wt(TRY) and 3 holes open. Steering DR is maximum.

Pyramid is using different setup but we both beat the local fast guy already (only a practice day). And I still can not catch Pyramid, but I believe this due to driver factor
Old 01-18-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GoldFinger

Been testing today, 1st I decided to start using this one but Pyramid have another suggestion. He feels that 710 rolls very free if we compare with another car that using gear diff.
Our conclusion is that there is already drag brake in there !! And that "clings" to our mind. No wonder that MTX or G4 car is always faster in particular corner. (Just a hence).
That we decide to use brake on those cornes. After couple of setup change even swap the bodyshells, I think we hit 1 jackpot for small and tight track.

With combination of lower shore for front tire (37F, 40R), 5mm fr caster(in front), very tight ball diff, drs arm on lowest position (all spacer above) and 1 deg rear toe in, the turn in is enough already. And out corner is awesome, the car is always going to exactly where i want. This is very aggresive setup. Steering DR is only 75%.

The smoother one is using same shore(40F.40R) but lower front spring rate (yellow FR, red RR) both using 70wt(TRY) and 3 holes open. Steering DR is maximum.

Pyramid is using different setup but we both beat the local fast guy already (only a practice day). And I still can not catch Pyramid, but I believe this due to driver factor
Goldfinger, this sounds great but it would help me a lot if you could post the picture and dimensions of the track that this set-up worked for.

Sounds like your setup would work on most tracks that I race on but those details would confirm it. Please post.

Thanks!
Old 01-18-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What are the track dimensions and surface conditions?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:38 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by modellor
And us Irish Serpent drivers have got the leprechauns for luck and TopGun power under the hood.

Now thats a combo for success
Modellor

are you running a serpent at the winternats?
Old 01-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Hi B,

Not sure what you want to call it. More like a mongrel car. Bits of everything threw on from all the cars. lol. But mainly Serpent.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Modellor
as for the 200 list theres 25 or 30 way badd wammer jammer drivers in there most never heard of. Better bring that game face. bro

Brent Gottfrieds wife used to be an 1/8 scale hotshoe as I understand it, I see she's running 200 MM. could be interesting.

Jack
Irish rule?
don't forget it! LOL
Old 01-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
Modellor
as for the 200 list theres 25 or 30 way badd wammer jammer drivers in there most never heard of. Better bring that game face. bro

Brent Gottfrieds wife used to be an 1/8 scale hotshoe as I understand it, I see she's running 200 MM. could be interesting.

Jack
Irish rule?
don't forget it! LOL
Yeah, I know everyone in the field are really good. Personally, we are only going for the fun and a bit of enjoyment. Don't really care whether we come in first or last. Just having a bit of frendly banter on the forum with the guys we'll be meeting up with in the hotel.
More or less a game of start showing our faces across the water and hopefully get a few interested to coming over the sea to our side sometime to try and promote the hobby a bit better. I have heard about Pauline before and I've been told she is real fast.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:00 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by modellor
Hi B,

Not sure what you want to call it. More like a mongrel car. Bits of everything threw on from all the cars. lol. But mainly Serpent.

sounds cool
Old 01-18-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Modellor
where are you staying? check the restruants and bars at the end of the pier from the hotel 6. Its a good time and good seafood.

Pauline hasn't run in a couple of years, she hasn't run in the last 3 or 4 that I'm aware of, wonder how fast she'll come back. Go meet the Toledo, Detroit crew while your there, those guys are great guys. Brent Gottfried,Ted Hammer , and Lou P. Theres a hoard of guys in our series going down.

Go check out the Mico trailer too. If your in the market for a few cool tools or one of his super trick chassis. He makes the trickest replacement belt car chassis I've ever seen.

Last edited by Motorman; 01-18-2004 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:35 PM

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Goldfinger, this sounds great but it would help me a lot if you could post the picture and dimensions of the track that this set-up worked for.

Sounds like your setup would work on most tracks that I race on but those details would confirm it. Please post.

Thanks!
22m X 46m with 2.8m in field

http://www.daltonshop.com/subway.htm

Surface Temp is around 60deg C (noon) and about 38 afternoon, but Goldfinger might have better figure as he always carries a temp gun
Old 01-18-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
Modellor
where are you staying? check the restruants and bars at the end of the pier from the hotel 6. Its a good time and good seafood.

Pauline hasn't run in a couple of years, she hasn't run in the last 3 or 4 that I'm aware of, wonder how fast she'll come back. Go meet the Toledo, Detroit crew while your there, those guys are great guys. Brent Gottfried,Ted Hammer , and Lou P. Theres a hoard of guys in our series going down.

Go check out the Mico trailer too. If your in the market for a few cool tools or one of his super trick chassis. He makes the trickest replacement belt car chassis I've ever seen.
Thanks,

I will be staying at Hotel 6. Will check out the restaurants for sure. Will hopefully get talking to everyone when I'm over and off course i will be checking out the goodies

Later.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default can you post pics of your serpent 710 or email them to me at [email protected]

please I really need this am a newbie to this forum if you guys can post pics of your serpent 710 I will appreciate it and what you think of the car so far in comparison with the v-one rr evo thanks!
Old 01-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pyramid
22m X 46m with 2.8m in field

http://www.daltonshop.com/subway.htm

Surface Temp is around 60deg C (noon) and about 38 afternoon, but Goldfinger might have better figure as he always carries a temp gun
This is exactly the hairpin is:
(we call it dinning plate corner)
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-hairpincorner1.jpg  
Old 01-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Prophet

This is exactly the hairpin is:
(we call it dinning plate corner)
Yum yum ! It actually looks spacious. 2.8 meters is a lot of space.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:16 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
Yum yum ! It actually looks spacious. 2.8 meters is a lot of space.
Hi, I`m wondering how big is the recent Thailand track you race on? because I wonder why most of them still having understeer/push (front stabz remove). Less than 2.8m in field? That would have been really hard playing 1/8 with those maxxes (even alone)..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.