Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
And yes, he also used the softer red shock membranes.
Ah! That explains it a little bit .. I forgot about the red membranes!

[/B]No problem. I was trying to digest them too when I chatted with him ! Imagine being tired and all after practise. He was nice and patient to sit and talk about the setup. He said he did not play with the shock angles and other stuff. Perhaps there are many different ways of attacking the problem. [/B]
Imagine if we all had his patience! Not only will the Serpent teams around the globe be unbeatable, we'd all be working for Serpent too!
Old 01-13-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
MR D, your mail box is full, I can't send a PM to you
Mark, I guess Master D is getting a lot of PMs asking what else Master Salven had to share re 710 secrets!
Old 01-13-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Mark, I guess Master D is getting a lot of PMs asking what else Master Salven had to share re 710 secrets!
The man is just too much in demand!
Old 01-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

last year we got nothing right.. burned up two motors in quals.. ( top of piston melted off) limped a old worn motor through rest of quals to never finish a qualifier.. out of fuel with 30-40 seconds left.... all of that, of course, is right on us as a team for not getting our stuff together...

first main walked away from the field.. no problem even with the brand new j-tech running too rich and stalling every pit stop. decided to put it in 30 minutes before the main.. it was our slowest motor but it did have good milage and we were not comfotable with the temps that our fuel hungry worn monster was requiring to make power.. at least not for 30 minutes..

second main almost one, got a broken shock on the first lap, kept the car in the fight for the lead, the stalling did not help, and with the broken shock could not get the inside of the carousel down.. the stalling hurt, as after every pit the car would stall sometimes only three feet out of pit row.. managed to work the car to the heels of first, and go almost a lap down at the pits, get back to the heels, go a a lap down.. with 4 minutes left and on the heels of the leader.. looking to pass in a lap or so the exaust manifold seal tore and the motor went lean... that was about it, but the setup is right on, the car was wonderful to drive and would run with anyone on the track... our motors were not making time...and we asked a bit too much out of them... Ft Myers is the kind of track were if you go to far you can actually melt the piston top off.. but the track is incredibly fun to drive.. you can just humm a tune and find rythem and goooooooooooooooo..

and the hardest part is getting yourself to slow the car down for the carousel and dogleg because the fast guys are not doing it fast they are braking.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
The man is just too much in demand!
Sorry Mark. Please send your PM to me.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ammdrew
... Ft Myers is the kind of track were if you go to far you can actually melt the piston top off.. but the track is incredibly fun to drive.. you can just humm a tune and find rythem and goooooooooooooooo..

and the hardest part is getting yourself to slow the car down for the carousel and dogleg because the fast guys are not doing it fast they are braking.
Man ... sounds like just my kinda track!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:46 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

it is definatly one of my favorite tracks I have driven of all time...
Old 01-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ammdrew
it is definatly one of my favorite tracks I have driven of all time...
You very lucky!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Michael's Setup Sheet for Srinakarin Track in Thailand

For those interested, I have attached Michael's setup sheet. In the final, he ran all red springs. He mentioned that he did not like it very much compared to the yellow springs he practised with. Also, I think the camber should be a negative figure. Not positive. Perhaps Michael should have already woken up from his jet lag and comment on the setup he made.

Last edited by InitialD; 01-13-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Tech Rookie

how can you get a copy of a blank set-up sheet
Old 01-14-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by half-car
how can you get a copy of a blank set-up sheet
There is one with the 710...
Try to copy it...
Old 01-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Michael's Setup Sheet for Srinakarin Track in Thailand

Originally posted by InitialD
For those interested, I have attached Michael's setup sheet. In the final, he ran all red springs. He mentioned that he did not like it very much compared to the yellow springs he practised with. Also, I think the camber should be a negative figure. Not positive. Perhaps Michael should have already woken up from his jet lag and comment on the setup he made.
Do you have this in pdf or a larger jpeg?
Old 01-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Novemega engines

Have any of you had a chance to drive and compare the following Novamegas?

2105TMS NovaMega SX12 3P-RE Race Turbo MS

2106 NovaMega SX12 SS 3P - Turbo

2104MCP NovaMega SX12 5P-Race MCP

Are there any major differences in terms of performance?

I currently have the 3P-RE Race Turbo MS and am very happy with its performance. It seems to outrun most other high-end engines at our local tracks, plus it is reliable. I will need a new engine this year, so I would like to know how the various Novamegas compare.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Setups?

Talking about setups, On the weekend the car was pushing a fair bit si i went down a hold in the front shock piston, the car was better under brakes and easier to drive, but my best lap time was slower then before i made the change. I do not know if the weather had anything to do with it as the later the day went on the hotter it got? I was thinking i should change the shock pistons back and try more front camber? Suggestions?

SN
Old 01-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Setups?

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Talking about setups, On the weekend the car was pushing a fair bit si i went down a hold in the front shock piston, the car was better under brakes and easier to drive, but my best lap time was slower then before i made the change. I do not know if the weather had anything to do with it as the later the day went on the hotter it got? I was thinking i should change the shock pistons back and try more front camber? Suggestions?

SN
Try raising the DRS up; shortening the rear anti-roll bar; tightening the diff.; lower the front roll center; disconnect the front anti-roll bar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.