Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 05:27 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by markp27
What's the matter guys? It's not 75 degrees and sunny where you are?
Old 03-08-2005, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

there he goes showing off his language skills again
Oh, don't pay attention ... you know what they say ... "An empty can makes the most noise". I'm just that sometimes ... an empty can.

Hmmm ... come to think of it, does that make D, who holds the ceremonous record of having the largest number of posts ever as being a prophet or an empty humongous drum?
Old 03-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
I like the sounds of that ! <looks over to our cold Euro counterparts... >
Yeah but if you amongs "mad dogs and Englishmen", we race anyways!
Old 03-08-2005, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent rims

I believe Brett mentioned that RC-Mushroom is all out of stock with the 40 shore Ellegi tires...

Comparing grip and tire wear, how do you rate the Fastlap tire and the Ellegi?
D, I used FastLap 35 shore in that last race and it was much better than the old Ellergi 35 shores which I tried on the Saturday.

When I got home I noticed that the wear rate were also much better. Mind you my Ellergi's are old stock brought over from home while these Fastlaps were bought at the track.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Serpent rims

Originally posted by Brett.w
Hi Guys i have the N.Z nationals in a couple of weeks and i cannot get any 40sh front or rear serpent rims so i an going back to the old faithful Fast tyres dish rims, the only problem i had with these is they rub on the steering arm, so i bought some 1mm offset hubs to go on the front. what i wanted to know is how will this affect my car?
Why don't you try Twister Tires? He should be able to get you the 40 shore before your race.

http://www.twistertires.com
Old 03-08-2005, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Serpent rims

Originally posted by Brett.w
Hi Guys i have the N.Z nationals in a couple of weeks and i cannot get any 40sh front or rear serpent rims so i an going back to the old faithful Fast tyres dish rims, the only problem i had with these is they rub on the steering arm, so i bought some 1mm offset hubs to go on the front. what i wanted to know is how will this affect my car?
you can cut the tyre width by 1mm to clear the steering arm. Thats what i did when i had my serpent.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Serpent rims

Originally posted by Marcos.J
you can cut the tyre width by 1mm to clear the steering arm. Thats what i did when i had my serpent.
That would give you 1 mm less of tire surface in the front for available grip and that handling would be affected some how...
Old 03-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Serpent rims

That would give you 1 mm less of tire surface in the front for available grip and that handling would be affected some how...
well maybe a little bit but better than having the rim rubbing the steering arm and making it weaker
Old 03-08-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Serpent rims

well maybe a little bit but better than having the rim rubbing the steering arm and making it weaker
Mine initially rubbed and there's actually a permanent groove there. No difference strength wise. Been running the same set of knuckles for close to a year.

Anyway, using spacers or using offset wheel hexes is a better solution than cutting the tires narrower... Unless you really know what you're doing like cutting down front traction like what Art Carbonnel does at Ft Myers...
Old 03-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Car Breaker
beside ellegi, a brand call fastlap also make wheel that will perfact fit 710, try that out if you can find one.

else just order ellegi from RC-Mushroom.
tyre is not a concern
i buy all my tyres from rc-mushroom but they will not have any serpent rims till next month
Old 03-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

I've been using Twister tires and rubbing is not an issue. The rims are super strong.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

I like the sounds of that ! <looks over to our cold Euro counterparts... >

hehehe!!,, sounds and looks good, here is a picture taken that Sunday morning at 6:30 am

Old 03-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Adept

Come on Mark ,, don't be so upset by that , Now that you're an International driver , you can make a visit here the Island, I can be your personal Tour guide , take a look at our permanent track in Barceloneta , now get the picture,, R/C - Beaches, Beaches - R/C,
Old 03-08-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default rear diff help

I am puting together the rear ball diff. I have read on mytsn a couple articles on how to set it up. however I am a little confused. Once i put it together and get to the part where i screw the two pices together do i screw it in until its tight or just enough until i can't turn the pulley by holding both the shafts?

also does anyone sell just the ball bearings that go in the rear diff? I lost one and cant complete it until i have all 12.
Old 03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by alucard
just enough until i can't turn the pulley by holding both the shafts?

Serpent ball diff spare balls and plates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.