Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
True but somebody here will swear that the Helios is better than 3PK !

I have to admit that the Helios looks good and feels more balanced when the antenna is extended. Feels more comfortable than the 3PK but the only thing I'm still rooting for 3PK is due to the large screen (eyes getting old) and fail safe function. Sadly, the 3PK is not as computer savy as the Helios. With the Helios, you're able to interface with the computer and save / upload your settings etc.
We know who that is and that's why he calls himself Crashed. Keep admiring at his pivoting wheel and handgrip instead of driving the car!
Old 09-08-2004, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
THANKS A LOT GUYS,LOOKS LIKE I WILL BE GETTING THE 3PK WITH 9450 SERVOS....IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THESE SERVOS OR 3PK?
I would add that if you prefer the freedom to use analog or digital servos you get the PCM receiver and not the HRS one.

The HRS one can double the speed response of your servos and can only accept digital servos.

I think you can't use one of the Tx mode too but D will have to confirm that.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
And when you get beaten by Sow in a race, you can use the strap to hang yourself
I'll PM you the link to last weekends' race results when it gets posted ... then you'll have to lend me the strap to hang myself instead!
Old 09-08-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Go for it Kevin, then you can write a review for 3hobby, so we can decide if we need to re-mortgage our houses, too! And it looks so good, that wifey will have no problem in you putting it on that spot in the lounge where she displays all her "isn't that pretty" stuff!!
KevinS, MarkP's idea is brilliant! We all need to read a review of it somewhere for an item like that.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
You are actually right. It's pretty complex since on power, the inner wheel scrubs and slips. Then both outer and inner wheel rotates at the same speed during cornering... Pretty much what a oneway would do except just a little different in the beginning but once on power, the inner wheel slips, both inner and outer wheels lock and will turn at the same rate like the front solid. I thought that was what Julius mentioned. So going by logic, the solid front should have same characteristics as the oneway on power... That's what I still believe and base on the test runs I had with the solid, that's what I experienced too. You can get too much of on power steering so much so the car spins out coming out of the corner on power.

But then again, that's just purely arguing by logic. The setup booklet mentions differently though. Same as what you have concluded... On and off power understeer with solid front.
On power the one-way is different to a solid, in that it allows one wheel to rotate faster than the other. The slowest wheel is always driven and the faster one freewheels.
This means that when turning the inside wheel rotates slower than the outside wheel, meaning only the inside wheel is powered - unless it loses grip, at which point it momenterally rotates faster than the outside wheel and at this point the outside wheel would be powered - until the inside wheel once again rotates at a slower speed.
This is what should give the one-way its better on power turning
Old 09-08-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

On power the one-way is different to a solid, in that it allows one wheel to rotate faster than the other. The slowest wheel is always driven and the faster one freewheels.
This means that when turning the inside wheel rotates slower than the outside wheel, meaning only the inside wheel is powered - unless it loses grip, at which point it momenterally rotates faster than the outside wheel and at this point the outside wheel would be powered - until the inside wheel once again rotates at a slower speed.

That makes sense...
Old 09-08-2004, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
That makes sense...
ooops! Now you'll see that I've been making fun of your Helios!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Respecta!
Old 09-08-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
We know who that is and that's why he calls himself Crashed. Keep admiring at his pivoting wheel and handgrip instead of driving the car!

Ein gutes Schwert ohne einen guten Fechter ist bloß polnisches Eisen. Aber mit einem KO bist Du halbwegs dort

Old 09-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am looking into going to some bigger races next year. From what I see you guys have some big tracks. Could anyone give me some good modified engines to look into? It must be a 3 port.

Also the thrust bearing for the centax clutch, is there anybody else that makes one to use. My hobby shop won't order from serpent unless I place a $150 order.

Thanks
Old 09-08-2004, 07:25 AM
Suspended

I would add that if you prefer the freedom to use analog or digital servos you get the PCM receiver and not the HRS one.

The HRS one can double the speed response of your servos and can only accept digital servos.

I think you can't use one of the Tx mode too but D will have to confirm that.
JUST ORDERED THE 3PK HRS AND 2 9451 SERVOS FROM TOWER...I AM EXCITED...CHOCO
Old 09-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re Re:

Hi Nitro rookie,

I am looking into going to some bigger races next year. From what I see you guys have some big tracks. Could anyone give me some good modified engines to look into? It must be a 3 port.
If you're going to race I would buy a engine that has full support by your local hobby shop, or a hobby shop near by.

I think it's rather arrogant by the owner of your local shop that he isn't going to order any parts unless it $150 or higher, so I wouldn't buy a expensive race engine there.

You can buy a lot of good engines, but I would advice a Nova Rossi based one such as a JP or an RB. Since they have the same engine housing it's more easy to get spare parts.
I have had a RB V12 Rody tuned, and it worked really well.
Currently I'm using a JP FX-03, wich is very powerfull.

When you race you'll probably meet a lot of experienced racers at your track. They can advice you some more about the right engine for your track.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1
Ein gutes Schwert ohne einen guten Fechter ist bloß polnisches Eisen. Aber mit einem KO bist Du halbwegs dort

Mark! Help!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

KevinS, MarkP's idea is brilliant! We all need to read a review of it somewhere for an item like that.
Yes, that's an excellent idea!
I will gladly do a review if the two of you buy it for me!

(Worth a shot )
Old 09-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re Re:

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi Nitro rookie,
I plan on running in the Midwest Series next year. I race here in town on a small 130 foot staight track. I'm am racing my NTC3 until I can get some spare parts for my 710.
I have also talked to the hobby shop where I race and they keep pushing to buy an OS. They don't cut it compared to my NS3s3.

Thanks for the imput, I guess I will be doing more purchasing online then.

If you're going to race I would buy a engine that has full support by your local hobby shop, or a hobby shop near by.

I think it's rather arrogant by the owner of your local shop that he isn't going to order any parts unless it $150 or higher, so I wouldn't buy a expensive race engine there.

You can buy a lot of good engines, but I would advice a Nova Rossi based one such as a JP or an RB. Since they have the same engine housing it's more easy to get spare parts.
I have had a RB V12 Rody tuned, and it worked really well.
Currently I'm using a JP FX-03, wich is very powerfull.

When you race you'll probably meet a lot of experienced racers at your track. They can advice you some more about the right engine for your track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.