Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by InitialD
If you could, get the 9451 servos instead of 9450. The 9451 servos are smoother like KO servos. Both are digital and are about the same specs. The 9450 is just older but I thought it was already discontinued by Futaba.
i am sorry,that was a typo..i am getting the 9451...thanks...
Old 09-07-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastharry
I agree....the 3 pk is a very intuitive radio.......

Try using a neck strap with it......It hangs at the perfect angle...real comfy for long mains...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXELU7&P=7
And when you get beaten by Sow in a race, you can use the strap to hang yourself
Old 09-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KevinS
Hmmm... re-mortgage my house and get this? Can't make up my mind...
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/s...5&in_category=

325 Euro!
Go for it Kevin, then you can write a review for 3hobby, so we can decide if we need to re-mortgage our houses, too! And it looks so good, that wifey will have no problem in you putting it on that spot in the lounge where she displays all her "isn't that pretty" stuff!!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yup, and change the bumper to the Lola one with spikes attached!
D, I think it is time to take the Ring away from Sow - it's gone to far with him - turned into a little Napoleon!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

due to the large screen (eyes getting old)
Heard that one somewhere before

and fail safe function
In case you take a little nap during a long main?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
In case you take a little nap during a long main?
And it looks so good, that wifey will have no problem in you putting it on that spot in the lounge where she displays all her "isn't that pretty" stuff!!
D, I think it is time to take the Ring away from Sow - it's gone to far with him - turned into a little Napoleon!!!
ROTF
Old 09-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hello guys...miss being a serpent driver

this weekend we have one race on parking area type asphalt. Im panning using solid front(just pin + exhaust gasket thing). can anyone suggest me whats the correct setup for the 710. never use solid front. the track is gonna be very tight...but enough straight. thanks for any help.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
this weekend we have one race on parking area type asphalt. Im panning using solid front(just pin + exhaust gasket thing). can anyone suggest me whats the correct setup for the 710. never use solid front. the track is gonna be very tight...but enough straight. thanks for any help.
Try playing with the shock angles. More horizontal in the front than rear. Try also softer front tire than rear etc. Harder rear sway bar than the front. All this to get more off power steering.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Try playing with the shock angles. More horizontal in the front than rear. Try also softer front tire than rear etc. Harder rear sway bar than the front. All this to get more off power steering.
Is the on power steering not affected, too? Just thinking about it, both wheels are forced to go the same speed, therefore the one with the least grip (i.e. the inside wheel) will scrub - would this not induce on-power understeer?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Is the on power steering not affected, too? Just thinking about it, both wheels are forced to go the same speed, therefore the one with the least grip (i.e. the inside wheel) will scrub - would this not induce on-power understeer?
You are actually right. It's pretty complex since on power, the inner wheel scrubs and slips. Then both outer and inner wheel rotates at the same speed during cornering... Pretty much what a oneway would do except just a little different in the beginning but once on power, the inner wheel slips, both inner and outer wheels lock and will turn at the same rate like the front solid. I thought that was what Julius mentioned. So going by logic, the solid front should have same characteristics as the oneway on power... That's what I still believe and base on the test runs I had with the solid, that's what I experienced too. You can get too much of on power steering so much so the car spins out coming out of the corner on power.

But then again, that's just purely arguing by logic. The setup booklet mentions differently though. Same as what you have concluded... On and off power understeer with solid front.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Champion

ok...thanks D.
front:
softer 37sh
shock position 3rd hole from bottom(+1 from stock)
disconnect front sway bar
+1 toe out

rear:
tire 40sh
harder sway bar(5mm from end)

testing this setup...tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Any reason with the Hitec instead of the Futaba one?

I thought the hitec one looked a little wider.......the material looked nicer,and it was half the price....(and I use Hietc servo's,so the Karma is still good )
Old 09-08-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Mad Max influenced?
Was the pun intended? Mad Max spikes with Max engine!

Well, the site is still up and backups are done. Now I'm still looking for the elusive "hole". Good fun really but I'd need to focus on my cars tonight onwards for our AMCC onslaught of Brookland Club.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Why are we not surprised?
Well, at least I'm still running with the compressionless 2-year-old Rody X12.

Tell you what though, that KHM crank looks good. Maybe the JP will have to wait.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Don't you already have a JP FX?
D, we all know MarkP used the RING and got all the shops in the world to tell me they're out of stock until AFTER October.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.