Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xr Turbo
Does anyone know when there will be a release date.
I'm getting back into Nitro Touring and was thinking of buying the Kyosho
but if the MTX5 is not to far away i'll wait for it.
Right now, you are looking at a July/August release date. There will be some testing and possible refinements/changes to the car from what we see pictured in the CAD drawings.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
Right now, you are looking at a July/August release date. There will be some testing and possible refinements/changes to the car from what we see pictured in the CAD drawings.
looks like that going to a great x-mas gift
Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rocca30
looks like that going to a great x-mas gift
Mugen will lose a few followers due to waiting so long to get this car to market. I, for one, have already dipped out and will be trying out a competitor's car this racing season due to the delay in releasing the MTX5. I may dip back in if they do not price the kit too high. The is from a guy that has been Mugen since 2000 (owned MTX2, MTX3, and MTX4 {currently}).

Last edited by JLock; 02-09-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mugen will lose a few followers due to waiting so long to get this car to market. I, for one, have already dipped out and will be trying out a competitor's car this racing season due to the delay in releasing the MTX5. I may dip back in if they do not price the kit too high. The is from a guys that has been Mugen since 2000 (owned MTX2, MTX3, and MTX4 {currently}).
not will, lost already!!!!!!! 5 and a half years is way too much
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I think the reason Mugen took so long to redesign the 4 was because of the Asian market. The Mtx4r stayed competitive in Asia market much longer than anywhere else. I think its because of the smaller style tracks in Asia when compared to US tracks. I think this is one of the reason why the Mtx4r did so well in Houston @ the Worlds. Just my opinion

Pass you soon...
Old 02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I think the reason Mugen took so long to redesign the 4 was because of the Asian market. The Mtx4r stayed competitive in Asia market much longer than anywhere else. I think its because of the smaller style tracks in Asia when compared to US tracks. I think this is one of the reason why the Mtx4r did so well in Houston @ the Worlds. Just my opinion

Pass you soon...
i agree, i always saw the results of the car running against the newest competition, but when everyone has left you in the dust as far as technology, and all the factory drivers are running newer cars, it was bad business to not push to get a new car out.
kyosho
xray
serpent

all of them had new stuff out
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Robert P on the Mtx5

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...ayer/?vs=&vp=3
Old 02-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

That's the way you dodge a question. He must of learned that from a US politician.

Pass you soon...
Old 02-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

english translation, everything looks good on paper and in cad,
Old 02-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pass you soon...
not to mention european which are open flowing tracks compared to us and asian
Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

That's the way you dodge a question. He must of learned that from a US politician.

Pass you soon...
+1

That was almost 2 minutes of telling us nothing other than it is a smaller version of the MRX5. We can see that. The longer Mugen waits to get this car to market, the more Mugen enthusiasts will jump off the bandwagon. Swauger has already jumped; don't hear much from the other Mugen factory drivers. But, lets see how much the car is going to look like what we see in the CAD pics and how much the street price will be.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any interview at this stage will be evasive at best, with only CAD pics being shown it's possible they have barely even started the prototyping stage, so anything we see now could change before we see a rolling version.

Release price should be ok going by the new 8th scale, the market is going to be rough though, it's full of other brands with strong support, you can't help feeling if the new 5 even looks like being a bit weak on track, it will get a hammering in the forums, people are harsh.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bishop
Any interview at this stage will be evasive at best, with only CAD pics being shown it's possible they have barely even started the prototyping stage, so anything we see now could change before we see a rolling version.

Release price should be ok going by the new 8th scale, the market is going to be rough though, it's full of other brands with strong support, you can't help feeling if the new 5 even looks like being a bit weak on track, it will get a hammering in the forums, people are harsh.
I agree. I think it's more to keep some of design features secret. It maybe awhile before this car hits the streets and you would not want another brand bringing some of your ideas to the market first. But that interview was funny

Last edited by lil-bump; 02-10-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Marketing has always been Mugen's problem. They need to hire the marketing person from Xray who can put all flames and nice graphics all over the drawings, and publish articles about the car months before it is released
Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

+1

That was almost 2 minutes of telling us nothing other than it is a smaller version of the MRX5. We can see that. The longer Mugen waits to get this car to market, the more Mugen enthusiasts will jump off the bandwagon. Swauger has already jumped; don't hear much from the other Mugen factory drivers. But, lets see how much the car is going to look like what we see in the CAD pics and how much the street price will be.
Want to hear something about mugen drivers:

Robert Pietch is current 1/8 european champion with the MRX5... Against Collari, Ballestri, Ielasi, Andrea Christiani, Rick V., M.Salven, Marck Green, Pirani, Bertin etx etc...

He also Top Qualified a 7 years old car in Porter Texas 1/10 Worls Championship last summer. In the final, the MTX4 was the most represented car: 4 mugens 3 Xrays, 1 shephered, 1 serpent, 1 Kyosho.

Lets put it this way: try runing against a MTX4 with cars from the other brands disigned 7 years ago!!!!!

Last edited by Luís Cortez; 02-10-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.