R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM   #346
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xr Turbo View Post
Does anyone know when there will be a release date.
I'm getting back into Nitro Touring and was thinking of buying the Kyosho
but if the MTX5 is not to far away i'll wait for it.
Right now, you are looking at a July/August release date. There will be some testing and possible refinements/changes to the car from what we see pictured in the CAD drawings.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #347
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Right now, you are looking at a July/August release date. There will be some testing and possible refinements/changes to the car from what we see pictured in the CAD drawings.
looks like that going to a great x-mas gift
__________________
RC AMERICA / / HUDY // SRC / / JC JEWELERS/ / GOT GOLD // MAXX POWER // EXTREME RACING FUEL //
rocca30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #348
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca30 View Post
looks like that going to a great x-mas gift
Mugen will lose a few followers due to waiting so long to get this car to market. I, for one, have already dipped out and will be trying out a competitor's car this racing season due to the delay in releasing the MTX5. I may dip back in if they do not price the kit too high. The is from a guy that has been Mugen since 2000 (owned MTX2, MTX3, and MTX4 {currently}).
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.

Last edited by JLock; 02-09-2011 at 08:09 AM.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #349
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Mugen will lose a few followers due to waiting so long to get this car to market. I, for one, have already dipped out and will be trying out a competitor's car this racing season due to the delay in releasing the MTX5. I may dip back in if they do not price the kit too high. The is from a guys that has been Mugen since 2000 (owned MTX2, MTX3, and MTX4 {currently}).
not will, lost already!!!!!!! 5 and a half years is way too much
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #350
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

I think the reason Mugen took so long to redesign the 4 was because of the Asian market. The Mtx4r stayed competitive in Asia market much longer than anywhere else. I think its because of the smaller style tracks in Asia when compared to US tracks. I think this is one of the reason why the Mtx4r did so well in Houston @ the Worlds. Just my opinion


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #351
Tech Master
 
gentleman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA Baby
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I think the reason Mugen took so long to redesign the 4 was because of the Asian market. The Mtx4r stayed competitive in Asia market much longer than anywhere else. I think its because of the smaller style tracks in Asia when compared to US tracks. I think this is one of the reason why the Mtx4r did so well in Houston @ the Worlds. Just my opinion


Pass you soon...
i agree, i always saw the results of the car running against the newest competition, but when everyone has left you in the dust as far as technology, and all the factory drivers are running newer cars, it was bad business to not push to get a new car out.
kyosho
xray
serpent

all of them had new stuff out
__________________
MTX4R/PICCO(Trophy Taker) - SERP 950/SIRIO(Board Breaker)
PHI '08 - to be announced.....
www.vorra.org - ironbridgesportspark.com - 301raceway*4LIFE*.com
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #352
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Robert P on the Mtx5

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...ayer/?vs=&vp=3
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #353
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne View Post
That's the way you dodge a question. He must of learned that from a US politician.


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #354
Tech Master
 
gentleman81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: VA Baby
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

english translation, everything looks good on paper and in cad,
__________________
MTX4R/PICCO(Trophy Taker) - SERP 950/SIRIO(Board Breaker)
PHI '08 - to be announced.....
www.vorra.org - ironbridgesportspark.com - 301raceway*4LIFE*.com
gentleman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #355
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I think the reason Mugen took so long to redesign the 4 was because of the Asian market. The Mtx4r stayed competitive in Asia market much longer than anywhere else. I think its because of the smaller style tracks in Asia when compared to US tracks. I think this is one of the reason why the Mtx4r did so well in Houston @ the Worlds. Just my opinion


Pass you soon...
not to mention european which are open flowing tracks compared to us and asian
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #356
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
That's the way you dodge a question. He must of learned that from a US politician.


Pass you soon...
+1

That was almost 2 minutes of telling us nothing other than it is a smaller version of the MRX5. We can see that. The longer Mugen waits to get this car to market, the more Mugen enthusiasts will jump off the bandwagon. Swauger has already jumped; don't hear much from the other Mugen factory drivers. But, lets see how much the car is going to look like what we see in the CAD pics and how much the street price will be.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #357
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,223
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Any interview at this stage will be evasive at best, with only CAD pics being shown it's possible they have barely even started the prototyping stage, so anything we see now could change before we see a rolling version.

Release price should be ok going by the new 8th scale, the market is going to be rough though, it's full of other brands with strong support, you can't help feeling if the new 5 even looks like being a bit weak on track, it will get a hammering in the forums, people are harsh.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #358
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Any interview at this stage will be evasive at best, with only CAD pics being shown it's possible they have barely even started the prototyping stage, so anything we see now could change before we see a rolling version.

Release price should be ok going by the new 8th scale, the market is going to be rough though, it's full of other brands with strong support, you can't help feeling if the new 5 even looks like being a bit weak on track, it will get a hammering in the forums, people are harsh.
I agree. I think it's more to keep some of design features secret. It maybe awhile before this car hits the streets and you would not want another brand bringing some of your ideas to the market first. But that interview was funny
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo

Last edited by lil-bump; 02-10-2011 at 04:51 AM.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #359
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Marketing has always been Mugen's problem. They need to hire the marketing person from Xray who can put all flames and nice graphics all over the drawings, and publish articles about the car months before it is released
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #360
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
+1

That was almost 2 minutes of telling us nothing other than it is a smaller version of the MRX5. We can see that. The longer Mugen waits to get this car to market, the more Mugen enthusiasts will jump off the bandwagon. Swauger has already jumped; don't hear much from the other Mugen factory drivers. But, lets see how much the car is going to look like what we see in the CAD pics and how much the street price will be.
Want to hear something about mugen drivers:

Robert Pietch is current 1/8 european champion with the MRX5... Against Collari, Ballestri, Ielasi, Andrea Christiani, Rick V., M.Salven, Marck Green, Pirani, Bertin etx etc...

He also Top Qualified a 7 years old car in Porter Texas 1/10 Worls Championship last summer. In the final, the MTX4 was the most represented car: 4 mugens 3 Xrays, 1 shephered, 1 serpent, 1 Kyosho.


Lets put it this way: try runing against a MTX4 with cars from the other brands disigned 7 years ago!!!!!


Last edited by Luís Cortez; 02-10-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Luís Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mugen MTX-3 university_dave Nitro On-Road 17237 12-30-2012 01:16 PM
Mugen MTX-4 Grasshopperr Nitro On-Road 9087 08-30-2011 07:15 PM
Singapore National Series, 2009 Round 2 bullygod Singapore R/C Racers 21 06-27-2009 07:00 AM
Inter-State Racing Competetion Mie3R Malaysian R/C Racers 510 08-12-2008 10:41 PM
INTI College 1/10 Gas Touring (Sarawak,Kuching) LAKIA Malaysian R/C Racers 41 10-18-2007 06:46 PM
TQ With Serpent 720 on 23 & 24 December 2006 in Miri weechor Malaysian R/C Racers 119 02-01-2007 07:04 AM
LRP Nitro Masters 2006 – Malaysia HPC II Malaysian R/C Racers 435 06-28-2006 09:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net