Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #362
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luís Cortez View Post
Want to hear something about mugen drivers:

Robert Pietch is current 1/8 european champion with the MRX5... Against Collari, Ballestri, Ielasi, Andrea Christiani, Rick V., M.Salven, Marck Green, Pirani, Bertin etx etc...

He also Top Qualified a 7 years old car is Porter Texas 1/10 Worls Championship last summer. In the final, the MTX4 was the most represented car: 4 mugens 3 Xrays, 1 shephered, 1 serpent, 1 Kyosho.

Lets put it this way: try runing against a MTX4 with cars from the other brands disigned 7 years ago!!!!!

i dont think that win on sunday sell on monday could have been applied if mugen had won the worlds last july due to the car being out of production, anyway a top on road driver should bee hired in the US in order to regain its market share!
regarding marketing, i dont buy too much other brands marketing,im the kind that prefers a product that speaks for itself regarding performance support durability also price! for that matter mugen is my top choice ! average racer!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:41 AM   #363
Tech Champion

Dont stick with only one brand. ( its boring )

Stick with two brands:

Mugen - Xray
Mugen - Kyosho
Mugen - Serpent
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #364
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Dont stick with only one brand. ( its boring )

Stick with two brands:

Mugen - Xray
Mugen - Kyosho
Mugen - Serpent

Your idea is fun but expensive...lol
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #365
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Losing Mike S. was a blow for sure to all the Mugen faithful, and I'm sure there will be more that jump ship. However, the old addage is still true:

If you build it, they will come
Old 02-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well i just bought an NT1 cause it is to long to wait for the MTX5 to be released
But when they are i will be buying one for sure
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xr Turbo View Post
Well i just bought an NT1 cause it is to long to wait for the MTX5 to be released
But when they are i will be buying one for sure
That may be the problem by the time the MTX5 comes out. Many will have spent their budgeted monies getting one of the other brand of 200mm touring cars and won't have the cash to buy the MTX5 when Mugen decides to get it to market. Like you, I have purchased an NT1 due to not wanting to wait until the fall of this year for the car to be released. I may purchase one in 2012 if the budget allows me to do it. By then, many of the "got to be the first to have it" racers will have posted any issues the car may have and the fixes to said issues. It is a shame that many have to take a hiatus from Mugen due to them dragging their feet.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #368
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yea Spenz,
Mugen just has to build better performance into the car than the current offerings.
Given the economy I don't see how most racers would switch brands as frequently as before.
Winter 2011 appeared to be the best product release, to capture consumers before before the racing season heats up. The competition is tough!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #369
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
That may be the problem by the time the MTX5 comes out. Many will have spent their budgeted monies getting one of the other brand of 200mm touring cars and won't have the cash to buy the MTX5 when Mugen decides to get it to market. Like you, I have purchased an NT1 due to not wanting to wait until the fall of this year for the car to be released. I may purchase one in 2012 if the budget allows me to do it. By then, many of the "got to be the first to have it" racers will have posted any issues the car may have and the fixes to said issues. It is a shame that many have to take a hiatus from Mugen due to them dragging their feet.
Some of you guys crack me up, you sound like a bunch of little boys having a tantrum because they can't have their new toy NOW. I think it's great that Mugen gives us early warning that they're comming out with a new car.
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #370
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 View Post
Some of you guys crack me up, you sound like a bunch of little boys having a tantrum because they can't have their new toy NOW. I think it's great that Mugen gives us early warning that they're comming out with a new car.
Not having a tantrum, sir; just stating my opinion. It is weird to me that Mugen is dragging their feet while the competition is getting their product to market much earlier. This is coming from a Mugen owner since the MTX2 back from the early 2000s. I will probably get one but it won't be until next year. So, why keep sinking monies into my MTX4 waiting for the new model? Why keeping waiting for almost a year while my competition get the new cars from other manufacturers, be able to make adjustments that I can't make to fine tune their cars, and put me further behind the competition curve?

When you are fighting for market share in an already crowded segment, you want to capture the consumers first and make your competition scramble to have to pull customers from you, not the other way around.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #371
Tech Fanatic

it it does as the mrx series, expect the mtx5 around fall 2011 which will provide enough practice for the mugen factory drivers against swagzilla and his nt2 for sure
Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Not sure who at Mugen had the big influence; but Mugen took the MRX platform threw two changes/upgrades while not doing any changes to the MTX platform. It still amazes me why Mugen seemed to abandoned the MTX platform. I still believe the success of the MTX platform in the asian markets kept a new 1/10 chassis on the backburner while the rest the world dropped it like a hot potato. I still like the Mugen brand; I will probably return to Mugen once I see the full specs of the car. I really want to see the tranny

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:17 PM   #373
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Hi guys, cool it!!

Everything on-road is on the backburner because of off-road.

The onroad market is a fraction of the off road market and that is what every manufacturer is focusing on.

Roughly 2000 8th scale on road kits a year, worldwide is absolut peanuts for the manufacturers.....
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #374
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Not sure who at Mugen had the big influence; but Mugen took the MRX platform threw two changes/upgrades while not doing any changes to the MTX platform. It still amazes me why Mugen seemed to abandoned the MTX platform. I still believe the success of the MTX platform in the asian markets kept a new 1/10 chassis on the backburner while the rest the world dropped it like a hot potato. I still like the Mugen brand; I will probably return to Mugen once I see the full specs of the car. I really want to see the tranny

Pass you soon...
Like you, I am curious to see if they fixed the transmission issue. Many of use had issues with it stripping gears and have tried just about everything to remedy it with some success.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #375
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Like you, I am curious to see if they fixed the transmission issue. Many of use had issues with it stripping gears and have tried just about everything to remedy it with some success.
i'm sure this was one of the top three things they wanted to sort out no doubt. From the pictures alone the wider chassis around the engine block area to me, means they have gone for a wider chassis in this area for stronger and less flex. the mtx4 chassis was quite skinny infact compared to the nt1 for example which does not have the stripping issue.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote