R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Senna View Post
During the World championship in Houston, I was wathing live through the RCLIVE (good work), and Gary Baker asked ROBERT PITCH when the new chassis is going out?

Robert SAID live to the world that the new project principle left in the fair Noremberga in February (2011), as happened with MRX5, and there for the month of September went to the car public.

The process would be equal to MRX5.The President of MUGEN RACING America also said the same. This is exactly what they said.

Sorry for english.
Thanks for the update, this is (great) news to me.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #257
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Senna View Post
During the World championship in Houston, I was wathing live through the RCLIVE (good work), and Gary Baker asked ROBERT PITCH when the new chassis is going out?

Robert SAID live to the world that the new project principle left in the fair Noremberga in February (2011), as happened with MRX5, and there for the month of September went to the car public.

The process would be equal to MRX5.The President of MUGEN RACING America also said the same. This is exactly what they said.

Sorry for english.

I don't understand
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #258
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default release

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxclip View Post
I don't understand
what i got out of it is in feb 2011 you will see prototype and released sometime in september of same year
Old 09-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #259
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I'm glad you clarified that. I was truly lost. So we have to wait an entire year for the new sedan.

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #260
Tech Apprentice

Default MTX5

I can confirm that news.

Robert Pietsch said in an interview in the worlds this year that:

- yes, there is a project of the new MTX5 going on.
- The car is still in the project phase.
- the launching of the new car will be made in the same way that was made for the MRX5. So, expect it to be shown in february in the Nuremberg toy fair. Then made available to general public in September.

R.Pietch also said that this timings could be shortened. The dificulty, he said, is that the technichal developments in this scale are very fast (he exemplified with the new rear suspention of the 733).

This news was confirmed by M.Swaugher at the same event.

This is all i know

Pass you on...
Luís Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #261
Tech Master

another rumor suggested that there might be a new car out as early as coming Jan 2011. hope it is true.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:16 AM   #262
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
another rumor suggested that there might be a new car out as early as coming Jan 2011. hope it is true.
where did u hear this?
Bxclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #263
Tech Master

a quote and quote from,......., can't tell so precise. sorry! please treat as "rumor".
Old 10-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, I will keep rolling with my MTX4 but I will also roll with the NT1R until they come out with the new Mugen. Got tired of my gear stripping issues with my Mugen and decided to try something different since Mugen is dragging their feet. Still waiting!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #265
Tech Master

someone adviced me that stripping gear can be solved(very minimized) by using the biggest 1st spur gear and smallest 2nd spur gear. hope it helps!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:20 AM   #266
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan View Post
someone adviced me that stripping gear can be solved(very minimized) by using the biggest 1st spur gear and smallest 2nd spur gear. hope it helps!
NO, actually the other way around. You need 1T bigger 2nd spur gear and 1T bigger 2nd pinion gear ( to compensate 2nd gear ratio so it can go back close to original ratio again ).

If you look closely, (after installing the engine to chassis), 2nd spur gear and 2nd pinion gear are not very close to each other . There is some gap if you compare that gap to the gap between 1st pinion and 1st spur gear.

Second problem, the 2nd spur gear alu. housing is touching the clutchbell ( and sometimes it is also touching the upper plastic brace ). Under stress it will move the engine position to a point where 2nd gears are not touching together anymore.

So you know what to do now.

( I suggest to use longer screws : 3x12mm-14mm for holding rear bulkheads, and 3x10mm for holding engine mounting ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #267
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

again with the gear stripping i sold my mtx4 to a friend whos a total newb when it comes to racing and he has raced it probably 20 times now running the gears that were on it when i sold it to him 60, 54 and 17, 23,
and im talkin smackin the walls other cars one run away into the boards due to a battery fail at least 10 other things on the car hes busted but the gears have never had any issue.

sorry for the rant i just think Mugen ha sgotten a bad rap for this gear thing and it seems like thats all any one questions about the car
Old 10-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #268
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

oh man and i cant wait for the new chassis, u have to think they r doin some cool stuff if its takin this long
Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #269
Tech Master

thanks for the correction!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrash730 View Post
again with the gear stripping i sold my mtx4 to a friend whos a total newb when it comes to racing and he has raced it probably 20 times now running the gears that were on it when i sold it to him 60, 54 and 17, 23,
and im talkin smackin the walls other cars one run away into the boards due to a battery fail at least 10 other things on the car hes busted but the gears have never had any issue.

sorry for the rant i just think Mugen ha sgotten a bad rap for this gear thing and it seems like thats all any one questions about the car
Sorry you feel this way but it has been an issue with some racers. You were fortunate to not have it but many other has had the issue. You just can't "wish" it away just because you never had it. It has cost me wins/top 5 finishes in races with a ton of witnesses to prove it. I always check my gear meshes and motor mount screws but it is something that happens sometimes. Again, just trying to patiently wait on the new car but will experiment with the competition until then. Oh, and I don't hit a bunch of walls and stuff.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote