Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://events.redrc.net/2012/11/chas...hiro-terauchi/

That is about all you can find in the way of any focus on the Mugens, almost nothing on Robs or JJs cars.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks bishop. ..hey fellas im looking for a better brake pad than the stock one...an do anyone know who makes a steel pinions??
Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As far as I'm aware, no one makes steel pinions for the five.

With brakes, there is just a couple, I think the Mugen options grab a little better, there is also one out of Japan that also grips a little better, not sure though.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

maybe the bloke that designed the car could make some instead of mucking with electric
one but i forgot he gets it all free
greg
sorry i said i was not going to say anything bad about 5 it just got the better of me
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Talking Grumpy

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
maybe the bloke that designed the car could make some instead of mucking with electric
one but i forgot he gets it all free
greg
sorry i said i was not going to say anything bad about 5 it just got the better of me

Greg your Grumpy old fart !!
Steve
Old 11-19-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bishop
http://events.redrc.net/2012/11/chas...hiro-terauchi/

That is about all you can find in the way of any focus on the Mugens, almost nothing on Robs or JJs cars.
there are a few

Last edited by Ghett0; 02-17-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Initiate

That's pitty RedRC didn't show pictures of winning cars (like did on previous events). Would be good to compare individual upgrades. Do somebody know if all Mugen drivers have use new chassis and spurs? And how many used brace? Did they have problems with striping? I didn't notice this info here nor RedRC.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default RE: mugen option parts

Terauchi Hiro's car is featured in Red RC.... He's one of the top mugen drivers and his car would be really close to what Fukuda and RPs car looked like for the worlds...
Old 11-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majk
That's pitty RedRC didn't show pictures of winning cars (like did on previous events). Would be good to compare individual upgrades. Do somebody know if all Mugen drivers have use new chassis and spurs? And how many used brace? Did they have problems with striping? I didn't notice this info here nor RedRC.
Stripped gears didn't seem to be problem this time. Pietsch's car didn't have a brace when it came back from 1/4s, but one eagle eyed member of our team spotted that he had different coloured plastic gears. He may have used some other kind of chassis stiffener system however; it was hard to see at the brief moment without a body during scrutineering.

Some pictures of Meen's KM at the KM thread, and I also have a picture of Hara's HPI. P.M. me if anyone wants to see it. Most drivers didn't attend the presentation banquet, so I have no picture of Francesco's car.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New Chassis, new monobloc and new gears from Mugen

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Stripped gears didn't seem to be problem this time. Pietsch's car didn't have a brace when it came back from 1/4s, but one eagle eyed member of our team spotted that he had different coloured plastic gears. He may have used some other kind of chassis stiffener system however; it was hard to see at the brief moment without a body during scrutineering.

Some pictures of Meen's KM at the KM thread, and I also have a picture of Hara's HPI. P.M. me if anyone wants to see it. Most drivers didn't attend the presentation banquet, so I have no picture of Francesco's car.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
1- Does anybody try the new chassis, with the monobloc? Itīs changed a lot the handling of the car?

2- The new Chassis more stifer than the stock one, with the monobloc and new material gears put a END in the Stripped gears ?

3- what you think of the performance of the car in Tailand in the worlds.2 Chassis in the A Main Final.Fukuda and Chevy?

Ps:I donīt want aftermarked options, just MUGEN.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Aftermarket parts r going to play a part....how can I get more grip out of my brakes?? Have anyone tried the option brake pads??
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

if they had got it right we won't all be winging we ran trackside brace at nats 6 days 1 chipped gear including 45 min final
greg
our car is really good now//no gear problems
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toze
1- Does anybody try the new chassis, with the monobloc? Itīs changed a lot the handling of the car?

2- The new Chassis more stifer than the stock one, with the monobloc and new material gears put a END in the Stripped gears ?

3- what you think of the performance of the car in Tailand in the worlds.2 Chassis in the A Main Final.Fukuda and Chevy?

Ps:I donīt want aftermarked options, just MUGEN.

Thanks
The car seemed to be more consistent with the new chassis and mono bloc engine mount. The big difference is that the brakes work much better now with the stiffer setup. I also ran with the new material gears and did not strip for 3 qualifiers and a 30 minute main. This was not the case before...

Good luck
Steve
Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigbank66
Aftermarket parts r going to play a part....how can I get more grip out of my brakes?? Have anyone tried the option brake pads??
someone here used the mtx4 teflon brakes glued to the plates with success, but he had to polish out the compound on the plates of course!
he liked aggresive braking so that did it
Old 11-21-2012, 03:05 AM
Suspended

cool

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.