R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #2326
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
When you are setting your mesh are you all disconnecting the pipe wire mount from the radio deck and disconnecting the throttle linkage to the carb?
I personally do yes.
www.direct-hobbies.com
Jspec Stickers
Jeff Hamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 AM   #2327
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
When you are setting your mesh are you all disconnecting the pipe wire mount from the radio deck and disconnecting the throttle linkage to the carb?
i'm no Jeff Hamon, but on every car i have ever owned since the V1R i have adjusted the mesh with the wire disconnected, and adjusted the manifold wire so that it applies a little bit of pressure towards the gears.

You may find that if you manifold wire is pulling the engine away from the gears, on a big hit, crash, or bump the wire may pull the engine away from the gears, causing gear stripping.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #2328
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Jeff do you have any speed secrets for the transmission?
P.S. Thanks for your time and input!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #2329
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mugen drew..I'm going to the Xray race this weekend in so Cal....they have some factory 5 drivers an ill find out what they r doing if anything an ill post it....I'm a B driver from nor Cal an I can say I just did over200 laps on my car with a brace an I havent had any problem since....I'm not saying that's the for sure cure but I think it helps...I ran a aftermarket chassis an it didn't do anything but bend...maybe the new evolution chassis might work?? But I have had good luck so far with the brace...ill post more when I find out.....good luck to u all...
bigbank66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #2330
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHealey View Post
Dude I'm 90%+ Chimp but I don't scratch my ass and eat bananas all day, what's your point?

Evolution is the way forward, and I didn't say "go buy and NT1" did I? I suggested many other suitable 200mm cars that don't bend or strip.

But since I'm here...
You know how many spur gears this NT1 has stripped so far this year? ONE! and that was my own dumb-ass fault because I left an engine mount screw out.

You know how many Chassis this car has had replaced since 2008? ZERO!
well but u did say don't get a MTX5 on a MTX5 thread..if it was a thread that's asking for comparison among cars,well fair enough.But hey,this is a MTX5 thread.

well of course,Xray's too busy copying cars that they didn't even think about coming out with a new car and just putting nice 'updates' into their kit and make people buy them.and that's why u aint replacing chassis since 2008!

c'mon bro,if you wanna help,give some positive advice.if not,i rather u stick in the NT1 thread.
tq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #2331
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbank66 View Post
Mugen drew..I'm going to the Xray race this weekend in so Cal....they have some factory 5 drivers an ill find out what they r doing if anything an ill post it....I'm a B driver from nor Cal an I can say I just did over200 laps on my car with a brace an I havent had any problem since....I'm not saying that's the for sure cure but I think it helps...I ran a aftermarket chassis an it didn't do anything but bend...maybe the new evolution chassis might work?? But I have had good luck so far with the brace...ill post more when I find out.....good luck to u all...
I wish you well at the race! I have sold several kits and have not been presented an issue from my customers( all switched from xray, so they are well versed in setting gear mesh,lol). I am absolutley not saying there is not a problem just trying to get input from drivers who are not having issues.
When the 3 went from the 1.0 to the .8 there were all kinds of issues that ended up being incompatible gear ratios, human error (incorrect mesh) and trying to get them to keep the car out of the boards( engine shifted from impact=stripped gear).
Old 08-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #2332
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey if someone advised me to get a faulty product I wouldn't call that 'positive advice' I'd call it misleading advice..

I'm not here to defend Xray, you can make your own opinions about the NT1 don't really care, it works for me. But the MTX5 has issues and any prospective buyer should be aware of these until they're 100% resolved.

Which they are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tq23 View Post
well but u did say don't get a MTX5 on a MTX5 thread..if it was a thread that's asking for comparison among cars,well fair enough.But hey,this is a MTX5 thread.

well of course,Xray's too busy copying cars that they didn't even think about coming out with a new car and just putting nice 'updates' into their kit and make people buy them.and that's why u aint replacing chassis since 2008!

c'mon bro,if you wanna help,give some positive advice.if not,i rather u stick in the NT1 thread.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #2333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think to each his own.

Personally I am labelled 'the stripper' during the MTX 4 days.

With the 5 I stripped alot less, but most of them are due to not aligning the gears properly or not thread locking the clutch nut. I just spent more time making sure every screw is tight and clutch nut thread locked and no stripping.
I think this kit just needs abit more attention that's all.

Still trying to find a reason to switch kits thou but the MTX5 is good to me.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #2334
Tech Initiate

hello
is true, the mtx5 goes strong, and most often it is the fault of a careless installation of the engine and also the type of engine, but we are forgetting that if you use the brake frame bends and must be replaced after 1 race .... I think this is not a problem as the machine is mounted. :-)
However, in major championships where samples have used the expert mtx5, broke the second 20 times, I want to say that they could not do the alignment? :-)
maver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #2335
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maver View Post
hello
is true, the mtx5 goes strong, and most often it is the fault of a careless installation of the engine and also the type of engine, but we are forgetting that if you use the brake frame bends and must be replaced after 1 race .... I think this is not a problem as the machine is mounted. :-)
However, in major championships where samples have used the expert mtx5, broke the second 20 times, I want to say that they could not do the alignment? :-)
Bad thrust bearing stopper??????
Old 08-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #2336
Tech Fanatic

i have said before it is quality control and it is a race car //i would not like to change chassi after every race unless they were free and that's not going to happen and aftermarket on we bought lasted 3 tanks with no brace
greg
thrust bearing stopper $2 AND THEY CONOT EVEN DRILL THAT STRAIGHT
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #2337
Tech Elite

I have this car and I'm almost scared to put it down on the track for the first time.... This car either has issues or all of the MTX5 Users are the worst car builders in this forum.... I'll give it a go in a few weeks when I have time...
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:23 AM   #2338
Tech Fanatic

we had little trouble to start with and then you get careless and it all goes wrong gear mesh is number one thrust race holder drilled of center but we have used a brace ulmost since new hope you have a good run is a very quick car
greg
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #2339
Tech Elite

Good to hear the car is fast! I'm putting my gear on the car now....
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #2340
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 180 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Good to hear the car is fast! I'm putting my gear on the car now....
racing this weekend francis..
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote