Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
lars were can i get red chase to fit mtx5 or shoud i go on cap// site to find out
greg
Any metal plating or anodizing place should be able to anodize something alloy to whatever colour you want, but one offs and small batch lots are expensive to get done.

I have wanted to get a older Nova head anodized black, but not even checked the price on it cause I know it won't be that cheap to do.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
Any metal plating or anodizing place should be able to anodize something alloy to whatever colour you want, but one offs and small batch lots are expensive to get done.

I have wanted to get a older Nova head anodized black, but not even checked the price on it cause I know it won't be that cheap to do.

i've paid $70 for a full car to be anodised once. It isn't that expensive. the place is in Newtown, Sydney.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
i've paid $70 for a full car to be anodised once. It isn't that expensive. the place is in Newtown, Sydney.
The problem lies within the minimum batch fee, be it one head, chassis, or whatever, it would likely be that same $70 at that place regardless, minimum fee in general I think anywhere is from $60-$120 depending on colour etc.

Only time you can get it done for less, is some places will put your gear in with a larger batch from someone else, but that is assuming it's the colour you wanted, and often you may wait a few weeks to get it done.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
The problem lies within the minimum batch fee, be it one head, chassis, or whatever, it would likely be that same $70 at that place regardless, minimum fee in general I think anywhere is from $60-$120 depending on colour etc.

Only time you can get it done for less, is some places will put your gear in with a larger batch from someone else, but that is assuming it's the colour you wanted, and often you may wait a few weeks to get it done.
get all the alloy parts of the MTX5 and anodise it black, would look pretty cool in black.

If you get it anodised make sure you don't get the clear coat otherwise it will look shiney. RC cars are just a straight anodise, no clear coat.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CDS70
It makes you wonder why so many Capricorn drivers hang out in the MTX5 thread?????? Must be scared of something?????

Hang on, I don't think the old Chickentrader actually drives a car Capricorn or not, could be wrong though.....
True CDS70; caught out! I don't drive a Capricorn and I'm s--t scared. But this thread is also so much fun, because you can give cheek here and get some bites.

i am geting a new chase 4 bailey and just 2 stier i want 2 get it recoloured red of course dose aney boady now where in QLD//brisbane i can get it done seaing you have 2 have red 2 win just think how mutch fun it would be 4 bailey 2 win with red bling///mugen
I can bring a can of red paint to Brendale on Saturday, Greg.

Lars spends as much time on the MTX5 thread as i do on the cap thread.

Lars, i've been eying out some capricorn parts for the MTX5, those teflon ball ends look cool, don't think i need them, but they look cool . When is capricorn going to release some lightweight parts for the 5!?
The white ball ends are harder than the black and they do look good, but Capricorn balls are 5.8mm. It would have been so good if all manufacturers used the same size balls; be it 6mm or 5.8mm. Then you could pick the best balls and ends for any car, without the car ending up like a dog's breakfast.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lars spends as much time on the MTX5 thread as i do on the cap thread.

Lars, i've been eying out some capricorn parts for the MTX5, those teflon ball ends look cool, don't think i need them, but they look cool . When is capricorn going to release some lightweight parts for the 5!?
They already have some:

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn/product.php?id_product=1712

And if you convert the car to the white ball ends you can also get the aluminum uniball set.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys! Just joined the Mugen USA team and am really excited to build my car! I am planning on running a LiFe battery but have no idea which one or what rating. any suggestions?

thanks,
Steve
Old 02-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Initiate

i am geting a new chase 4 bailey and just 2 stier i want 2 get it recoloured red of course dose aney boady now where in QLD//brisbane i can get it done seaing you have 2 have red 2 win just think how mutch fun it would be 4 bailey 2 win with red bling///mugen
chase-chassis
stier-stir
dose-does
aney-any
boady-body
seaing-seeing
mutch-much
geting-getting

I think you have set a new record for 3-1/2 lines of spelling
Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Perez
Hey guys! Just joined the Mugen USA team and am really excited to build my car! I am planning on running a LiFe battery but have no idea which one or what rating. any suggestions?

thanks,
Steve
INTELLECT/IP do a 1450 and a 1200 LiFe, I have the 1450 and it seems good, I keep meaning to buy some spares, and I think the 1200 would be good for sneaking some weight under it (it's thinner).

Best thing with LiFe, my five has not been run in months, I checked the charge state on the LiFe yesterday, and it was perfect, I could have thrown it on the track without even charging it.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr Nimrod
chase-chassis
stier-stir
dose-does
aney-any
boady-body
seaing-seeing
mutch-much
geting-getting

I think you have set a new record for 3-1/2 lines of spelling
Aaahhhrr. Doen,t bee soa pikcy. I'ts al jsut funn onn tihs trhead. Bbut presonalyy i doe'nt nedd an spel chekcer.

Kdnest regrads,
Lars.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Aaahhhrr. Doen,t bee soa pikcy. I'ts al jsut funn onn tihs trhead. Bbut presonalyy i doe'nt nedd an spel chekcer.

Kdnest regrads,
Lars.
yees mee two, me caan unddersande himm juset perffrectllly
Old 02-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeh thats half the fun trying to decipher, His cryptic sentences
Old 02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
prg
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Greg is one of the nicest grand dads that any nephew could ask for, quite possibly didn't have the same opportunities we enjoy. I have no problems understanding him and enjoy his feed back.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default spelling

harry has sent me spellcheck but he will have to show me how to use it i have installed it but thats as far as it goes i was no good at spelling at school and it has not got any beter at least while your picking on me you are leaving some one else alone had grand daughter //she is 8 help me this time hope you ar all satisfied with her spelling
love greg
why do you think i race cars//not very well at least they are//// mugens///
Old 02-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default spelling

harry has sent me spellcheck but i have found it also edit//delete buttons

Last edited by greg.dawn; 02-07-2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: all wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.