Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Look out now I got East coast and West coast representation!!!

GP- Hit me up when you get a sec...still waiting to here back from you from our last call!!

Kamikaze- What's up guys? Hope you are doing well... I'll probably see you at the Fort for sedan nats!!

Butter

Reppin' the MidWest for ya in OHIO Butter!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Look out now I got East coast and West coast representation!!!

GP- Hit me up when you get a sec...still waiting to here back from you from our last call!!

Kamikaze- What's up guys? Hope you are doing well... I'll probably see you at the Fort for sedan nats!!

Butter
Hey Butter! now you got midwest on your back too
see you soon!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 AM
Tech Initiate

As I see is Daniele Ielasi use is Picco case engine, and pipe set is IDM, so is Picco/IDM
Old 08-19-2008, 02:58 AM
GEO
Tech Initiate

Did someone got a video from the A' main final..?
And if someone what shore of tires have used from Jillies and Tosso...?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:31 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
He sure did qualify well for such a slow engine.

GO JERRY... GO JERRY....

Looks like a Jerry Springer show here...

People, please...
For a few years i'm trying to convince drivers that Picco makes good engines, which are also affordable.
Also for years it as always been Novarossi or Sirio taking the honours.
Please let us have our party now.....
Old 08-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi to everybody !!

I want to replay to this post becouse we want to say thanks to some peoples.
Ok for first to Daniele for a super race with no errors.
Thanks to him for all the work during last months.
Another big thanks goes to Edo Picco that gived to Daniele a very good engine that can run 5 minutes and more....
We want also say thanks to Kevin Hutchinson of TWISTER TYRES USA, he has been really close to us during last year.

Now we are World Champions 1/10 but we carry o to work to make better !!!!

Piero Torregiani
ATS TYRES
Old 08-19-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H

GO JERRY... GO JERRY....

Looks like a Jerry Springer show here...

People, please...
For a few years i'm trying to convince drivers that Picco makes good engines, which are also affordable.
Also for years it as always been Novarossi or Sirio taking the honours.
Please let us have our party now.....
I'm very happy for Picco. It has been a few years since I owned a Picco motor but I started out running Picco and considering how little I knew at the time it is amazing those motors ran so well. I have always had a soft spot for Picco since then. I have also built a couple Picco .12's for friends recently and they have run great. Maybe somewhere down the road I will get to run them again. Right now, I'm RB all the way.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Very true...
Originally Posted by thor
GUYS..STOP THE MADNESS...REGUARDLESS OF WHO'S ENGINE IT WAS IT WAS SLOW...PAUL HAD OVER 130 LAPS IN THE 18 SEC. RANGE WHERE AS DANEILE HAD AROUND 9 LAPS IN THE 18'S...SO ENGINE DID GET GOOD MILEAGE AND IT WAS RELIABLE BUT IT SURE WASN'T FAST SO THEY CAN KEEP IT FOR $200.
IT JUST ISN'T A ISSUE TO SQUABBLE ABOUT...

indeed..........

Ielasi just qualified to the final direct thanks to a incredibly fast refuelling by Edoardo Picco.........

On the other hand Balestri missed the TQ due to a ultra slow refuelling by Claudia.........If it was Ielasi who had to make a semifinal he wouldn't never bumped to the final with an engine like the one he had.............

All in all races are like this and he got the luck and the talent to eventually win a World Champion final after more than 10 years "almost winner"........I would say this time nobody would put money on him and it was exatcly this time he managed to become World Champion, no matter of the problems of Balestri, Tosolini, Groskamp (all with no tire change strategy and clearly faster than Ielasi) and Lemieux (fastest by far but struglled during the pitstop for tires, a normal tire change with no engine cut should give him an easy victory), it was Ielasi and his pitman who made no mistakes and brought home the title..........

I was there in person and I can say everybody who saw the race won't buy a Picco because it's the current world champion.

Anyway, congratulations to Daniele for his victory, showing us how to make things work fine instead of crying and putting the blame on equipment when we don't make it well........

and congratulations to Paul Lemieux who made the show during the 60min final, racing like it was a qualify.........
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
indeed..........

I was there in person and I can say everybody who saw the race won't buy a Picco because it's the current world champion.
That is a very strong statement there my friend , then how come I sold a total of 1,639 engines since it's introduction which is only a few months back, that is only me and there are also other dealers that are selling the engine as well.

p.s. The figure was not made up as I have a record of each individual sale in my computer and I am only in the retail business.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
That is a very strong statement there my friend , then how come I sold a total of 1,639 engines since it's introduction which is only a few months back, that is only me and there are also other dealers that are selling the engine as well.

p.s. The figure was not made up as I have a record of each individual sale in my computer and I am only in the retail business.
I think I wasn't clear...........

You sold more than thousand pieces because the engine is cheap (also because you're in the US and American are used to run high nitro content which helps a lot to make normal stuff go faster than it's designed to).........

Next you will keep on selling them because they're CHEAP and not because Picco brand or whatever based version is world champion...........

It's similar to the past 1:10 WC in Australia, Kyosho set the pace but Mugen got the title and it meant nothing because everybody knew how Mugen became world champion.......

Today thanks to the internet the truth is shown to everybody somehow............

If we were 20 years back, a legend about the outstading performance of the world champion engine would be the talk around the world........
BUT, the only legend on this history is Daniele Ielasi who made the slowest package become 1:10 world champion..........
Old 08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Today thanks to the internet the truth is shown to everybody somehow............
When I want the truth I go to the internet because that's the magical place where no one lies.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You sold more than thousand pieces because the engine is cheap (also because you're in the US and American are used to run high nitro content which helps a lot to make normal stuff go faster than it's designed to).........

Next you will keep on selling them because they're CHEAP and not because Picco brand or whatever based version is world champion...........

It's similar to the past 1:10 WC in Australia, Kyosho set the pace but Mugen got the title and it meant nothing because everybody knew how Mugen became world champion.......

If we were 20 years back, a legend about the outstading performance of the world champion engine would be the talk around the world........
BUT, the only legend on this history is Daniele Ielasi who made the slowest package become 1:10 world champion..........
This sounds like bad sportsmanship (or sour grapes) to me
Why bash someone for running a smart race?? If he or is engine were so slow, he would never have been in position to win the race. Instead, his engine ran good for 1hour and he put himself in position to win. Give the guy his recognition and respect.

Doug
Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I was not there so I can not comment on how fast Ielasi's car looked on the straights but I did watch timing and scoring.

Yes he was slow at the start. At the end of the race the only car running consistently faster lap times was Paul Lemiux (sp?). Paul was also the only car to make a tire change so that explains his speed.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

For your information I sell the engine not only in the US, but to the rest of the world, name a country and I'll tell how many was sold to that particular country alone. and for your information, the only reason it is cheap is because they want to keep the price affordable to everybody hobbyist in all skill levels, and Ielasi proved it.

Originally Posted by flack
This sounds like bad sportsmanship (or sour grapes) to me
Why bash someone for running a smart race?? If he or is engine were so slow, he would never have been in position to win the race. Instead, his engine ran good for 1hour and he put himself in position to win. Give the guy his recognition and respect.

Doug
Exactly
Old 08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think only a few people in R/C do any type of complete technical analysis of a race (i.e. lap times, pit times, etc). I’ve done it for several races to find out the “truth” about why people placed where they did. When you combine the analysis with race reports and driver interviews, you can pretty much assemble specific facts that can support opinions on why people or won or lost a race.

Lots of people don’t care about facts and just make up their own unsupported opinions. As long as it’s about the winner, it must be true. Because people don’t have to substantiate their opinions when posting something on the Internet, they can pretty much get away with almost anything. “Almost” meaning that people can counter unsupported opinions with actual facts. That’s what makes forums so much fun.

I understand what Salvidor Racing is saying and what his point is – and it’s pretty much expected that people are not going to like it.

Believe what you want. Most people can separate fact from fiction.

This is so reminiscent of the 2006 ROAR Nats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.