2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

whats the point of arguing on the internet.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

I got BUTTERS BACKS!!! all the way from Brooklyn New York
Old 08-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No matter who you think is going to win, it’s always amazing to see how things turnout when the “checkered flag” drops in the A-Main. I’m happy for the winners.

Regardless of all the fanciful reasons why people think a champion wins a race, we all know that nitro racing is pretty complex and to just finish a race, the driver, mechanic and pit crew all need to work together to make it happen. Strategy, skill and a bit of luck is what it takes to cross the finish line first. And of course, you need reliable gear, regardless of what name is stamped on it. But let’s not forget, that there are days someone wins because of other people’s misfortunes or because other people choose a strategy that ultimately didn’t workout for them. This doesn’t lessen the champion’s win in anyway, because obviously the person crossed the finish line first – but there are some people that like to ignore some of these little details/facts when discussing why someone won. “All that matters is that he won,” some will say. Sure. If that’s all that matters to you, then fine. Shit happens to people and they don’t place because of it. It might be through their own actions or the actions of others. Like it or not, it’s part of racing.

Some people like to think that a person won because of a certain brand car or brand engine, but we know that there are other people that used the same brand name stuff that didn’t win. Gear is certainly a factor, but like that guy that won the 100 yard dash in the Olympics, I’m sure it wasn’t the brand name on the shoes that made the difference in taking home the gold - but it would certainly have been trashed in everyone's eyes if it "malfunctioned" and he lost. Hehe.. What engine won't you be buying this week?

It’s too bad more of the top guys from the US did not attend. You know who you are.

Many thanks to Josh for his daily updates and Eoghain from RedRC.net for the great coverage. You guys are the best!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
No matter who you think is going to win, it’s always amazing to see how things turnout when the “checkered flag” drops in the A-Main. I’m happy for the winners.

Regardless of all the fanciful reasons why people think a champion wins a race, we all know that nitro racing is pretty complex and to just finish a race, the driver, mechanic and pit crew all need to work together to make it happen. Strategy, skill and a bit of luck is what it takes to cross the finish line first. And of course, you need reliable gear, regardless of what name is stamped on it. But let’s not forget, that there are days someone wins because of other people’s misfortunes or because other people choose a strategy that ultimately didn’t workout for them. This doesn’t lessen the champion’s win in anyway, because obviously the person crossed the finish line first – but there are some people that like to ignore some of these little details/facts when discussing why someone won. “All that matters is that he won,” some will say. Sure. If that’s all that matters to you, then fine. Shit happens to people and they don’t place because of it. It might be through their own actions or the actions of others. Like it or not, it’s part of racing.

Some people like to think that a person won because of a certain brand car or brand engine, but we know that there are other people that used the same brand name stuff that didn’t win. Gear is certainly a factor, but like that guy that won the 100 yard dash in the Olympics, I’m sure it wasn’t the brand name on the shoes that made the difference in taking home the gold - but it would certainly have been trashed in everyone's eyes if it "malfunctioned" and he lost. Hehe.. What engine won't you be buying this week?

It’s too bad more of the top guys from the US did not attend. You know who you are.

Many thanks to Josh for his daily updates and Eoghain from RedRC.net for the great coverage. You guys are the best!
Glad to hear your alive rmdhawaii... Been a decade since I have seen you write....
Old 08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeorgePravata
I got BUTTERS BACKS!!! all the way from Brooklyn New York
And I got Butter's back too! this time all the way here from California.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TeamButter
If I recall from earlier posts, you started the whole "race" thing. You are a real badass behind your Tandy 1000 computer. Why don't you stop talking shit and grow up. By the way, you seem to have a particular issue with hispanics. Mexicans, Cubans... I see you truly are old school German.

Wenn Sie mit einem Hispano-Amerikaner bitte verwirren möchten, fühlen Sie sich frei, auf mir zu zählen.
Stefan automatically thinks that you are a Mexican if you speak spanish.

Stefan putanginamo, nanay mu nagputa kaya ikaw ang resulta tatanga tanga!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Look out now I got East coast and West coast representation!!!

GP- Hit me up when you get a sec...still waiting to here back from you from our last call!!

Kamikaze- What's up guys? Hope you are doing well... I'll probably see you at the Fort for sedan nats!!

Butter
Old 08-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
If I recall from earlier posts, you started the whole "race" thing. You are a real badass behind your Tandy 1000 computer. Why don't you stop talking shit and grow up. By the way, you seem to have a particular issue with hispanics. Mexicans, Cubans... I see you truly are old school German.

Wenn Sie mit einem Hispano-Amerikaner bitte verwirren möchten, fühlen Sie sich frei, auf mir zu zählen.
Well see if he man's up when the worlds are held in the states 2010
Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

?

Last edited by thebradthebrad; 07-30-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

yeszz..i strongly agrees with your comments, in addition let's look at for example the F1 ...sometimes u cannot finish or looses the race due to technicality , mechanical failures, wrong strategies and accidents. Remember when hamilton knocks the back of raikonnen coming out of the pits! and both of them was out of the race...too win a race u must finish the race...that's racing... and any of that ten driver's had their chance of grabbing the title...and they were the top ten for that particular championship.
my 2 cents
Old 08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Glad to hear your alive rmdhawaii... Been a decade since I have seen you write....
good hearing from you rainer

Last edited by SOLOARTIST 702; 08-18-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcabj
yeszz..i strongly agrees with your comments, in addition let's look at for example the F1 ...sometimes u cannot finish or looses the race due to technicality , mechanical failures, wrong strategies and accidents. Remember when hamilton knocks the back of raikonnen coming out of the pits! and both of them was out of the race...too win a race u must finish the race...that's racing... and any of that ten driver's had their chance of grabbing the title...and they were the top ten for that particular championship.
my 2 cents

Loved the F1 example you used What a sweet sweet day it was for the BMW Sauber team
Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wingracer
He sure did qualify well for such a slow engine.
And with a legal muffler as well....
Old 08-18-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

quote from somewhere:

"To finish first; First you must finish!"

Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shiston
Loved the F1 example you used What a sweet sweet day it was for the BMW Sauber team
yea it must have been a very sweet day for them . u know after winning 8 gold medals mr. phelps achievement r also being debated. well that clearly shows everybody has their own opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.