Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

it wasnt bad except:

-i didnt waterproof the airfilter for two tanks so i got a carb full of rain water....fixed by plastic cone, ziptie and tape

-i didnt balloon the reciever, and after about 10 mins started glitching to hell, its fine now that its dry

-tires were fine, guys found slicks to be better than rain tires, i was even on foams

-two speed +wet doesnt go well, the shoes cant grip the housing at all.

still fun watching the rooster tail of rain.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What diameters do you true you tires?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

various lengths.

i had new ones that i didnt feel like ruining, so i just used old old foams i had.

about 3-4 mm of foam left added to diameter of a jaco rim would be.....
Old 04-04-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by revzalot
What diameters do you true you tires?
61mm rear 60mm front, thats only if its an important race. At club level I run em straight out of the box.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 PM

63mm
Old 04-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

so whats new? n e of you race your cars at some tracks yet? any stories to tell?
Old 04-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

shyte

thunder tiger have bought a controlling share in AE what do you guys think of this?

P.S. apologies if this has already been spoken about
Old 04-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wayne
shyte

thunder tiger have bought a controlling share in AE what do you guys think of this?

P.S. apologies if this has already been spoken about
[/QUOT
E]

first time ive heard about it.

i really dont know what to think of it. but they do have their engines in the rtrs and such. How does this change anything?
Old 04-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

It matters because ae was calling the shots and running things, but now thunder tiger has the ability to control ae its sorta backflipped so to speak
Old 04-09-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is a rather long thread in the electric forum about this. Many long winded comments from people who don't understand business.

Although AE will lose it's American Made designation, overall I think it will be a good thing.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:45 PM

Werks Racing pipe for the NTC3

We finally got a break in the weather here and racing started yesterday.
testing with the Werks pipe was very good. Ran the Richey Sirrio yesterday with the pipe. The car was very simple to tune and it stayed in tune all day. Engine was tuned in on 30% Nitro and at 215 degrees, car stayed that temp or very close all day even in 80 degree temps and track temps near 95 degrees, the car even ran a 10 min main and came off the track at 217 degrees, with no power loss the full ten minutes. Pipe works better to us than any other pipe we have tried to date. The RD pipe works well but the Werks pipe seems to have more bottom and very smooth transition from low to mid to top. Only problem with the pipe is the stinger area is very weak any kinda brush with the wall will bend it. I know your not suppose to hit the walls, but.... I guess you'll have that!! We only tested the pipe on straights up to about 100 ft. but the low and mid was enough to get the car up to top speed very fast with lowest gearing. The pipe should work very well for you guys looking for more top end with the car due to the extra chamber the pipe has.

Car ran flawless all day long all settings stayed perfect, BMI may have something to do with that though!
Only problem we suffered was in the 10 min main, hit the wall on the left side at full speed broke both pivot balls on left front wheel but the K-Factory steering hub was left perfectly intact, just broke both pivot balls. Unfortunely we still finished the race on 3 wheels but 2 laps down to the leaders.

Why will Ae lose their American made design?? Just because they have a better money company backing them now can only be a good thing I would think.
Bob

Last edited by bbntc3; 04-10-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Guys!

It's been a while since i have been on this thread. I have just finished reading about the Thunder Tiger / Team Associated take over.

I started my R/C Career off with a TT TS4N and have also had a good run with a NTC3 in the past.

This has all renewed my interet in AE & the NTC3 and i have a few question i need answered...

1/ Has the fuel tank vibration issue been fixed as yet?

2/ weak pivot balls been addressed

3/ weak plastic etc?

H-O
Old 04-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This is merely speculation, but I imagine engineering will stay in California, but manufacturing will move to Taiwan. All of AE's RTR's are assembled there.

I think it's Taiwan.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

It all depends on who will be calling the shots.

Horizon left the shot calling mostly to Losi and they're fine.

I have a bad feeling that TT will not and this will be bad for AE since TT is one of the lowest end RC manu's - just above Tyco and right around CEN. 90% of TT's stuff is toy caliber while 90% of AE's stuff is racing caliber - even the RTRs.

It makes me really worry since I run Pro10 and AE's really the only ones making them still (besides the tank from Corally) - if TT does take over, I think that they'll kill us off even as we are resurging.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by hooked_on
Hey Guys!

It's been a while since i have been on this thread. I have just finished reading about the Thunder Tiger / Team Associated take over.

I started my R/C Career off with a TT TS4N and have also had a good run with a NTC3 in the past.

This has all renewed my interet in AE & the NTC3 and i have a few question i need answered...

1/ Has the fuel tank vibration issue been fixed as yet?

2/ weak pivot balls been addressed

3/ weak plastic etc?

H-O
No replies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.