Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 09:03 PM

http://www.bmiracing.com/
I'll ship out of the states but shipping will be alittle more, I'm selling this stuff after shipping, under cost. Thanks Bob
Old 12-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

can anyone tell me if I can use an Impulse's centax + gears for my nTC3 - will I have some major meshing problem? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

bbntc3, I sent you a email.
Old 12-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Default 2 speed won't shift

what i know is the initial setting of the angled screw which is 3 and 1/2 turn out. now, what about the the other screw? is there a recommended initial setting for this screw? i want to ask everyone before i rebuild the assembly.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

If it isnt shifting try buying a new 2 speed rebuild kit I bet the shoes or the springs have gone bad.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by TexasRacer
If it isnt shifting try buying a new 2 speed rebuild kit I bet the shoes or the springs have gone bad.
Oh my....well, i will try to rebuild and hopefully its not yet worned out. thanks
Old 12-26-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a question.... if you were to buy a centax clutch (Kawahara or K-factory) is it still possible to use the stock TC3 pinion gears on the centax clutch?
Old 12-26-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by FirstLoser
I have a question.... if you were to buy a centax clutch (Kawahara or K-factory) is it still possible to use the stock TC3 pinion gears on the centax clutch?
i'm sure you can still use the stock pinion gears, after market parts are on standard specs
Old 12-26-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by FirstLoser

yes they'll fit both... personlly, i'd get the k-factory centax clutch.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: 2 speed won't shift

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
what i know is the initial setting of the angled screw which is 3 and 1/2 turn out. now, what about the the other screw? is there a recommended initial setting for this screw? i want to ask everyone before i rebuild the assembly.

there are only 2 screws in adjusting the 2-speed, both should be adjusted the same way, with 3 1/2 turns out.

the other screws adjust the tension of the silver balls, and is not to be adjusted.
Old 12-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

I have a few friends here running a Centax and personaly I like the standard clutch show version my self. All you need to do is put 2 small holes in each clutch shoe to lighten it up to make it engage later.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:37 AM

The K factory 3 shoe clutch also is a good hop up. It uses a hardened flywheel, so theres no filing the old flywheel when it worn down and the shoes hang, also the shoes are smaller and the springs are stronger than stock letting it rev more. I found a guy in Singapore where you can buy K- parts for less than 1/2 price in the US. Take for instance the K shocktowers are like $70 here a piece and only $32 there, the clutch setup for s/g shaft or stan. shaft is only $25.
[email protected]
Email this dude if your interested in any K parts, he has them all! Tell bbntc3 told you to email him.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

Sweet, I tried the grapite towers for a little while and I liked them when it came to small tracks because they were able to flex alot but I am going to try and put two graphite K factory front shock towers on it at once to stiffen it up I will tell yall how it does. I am going to order some stuff from that dude, thanks alot.
Old 12-27-2003, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

You guys that are saying the OEM pinions fit, are you guys sure of that? I have a Kawahara Centax for my BMI NTC3 and ONLY the OEM first gear pinion fits. Second gear is a larger threaded diameter and if you look at the stock clutch, both first & second use the same threaded diameter.

The stock NTC3 First gear fits, second does not on my Centax.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:42 PM

The pinion gearing is only the same with the K - Factory centax. Second gear is a diff thread like you said on all other centax. That's why I use the K centax. I read here about somebody having meshing problems with like a 6 or 7 tooth split with K gears so they use another brand gear for either first or second gear, but I dunno? Stock pinion really suck other than the price though to me. It's better for me to pay more for the k pinions and get better service than cheaper, less lasting gears. Don't get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with the AE gears, the K gears are hard coated and just last 3 to 4 times longer. I have noticed some clutch shimming sometimes has to be done because the stock gearing is not quite as wide as the K gears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.