Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: engine tuning issue with the ntc3 pipe.

Originally posted by mugen_kid
Hi fuse01
i live in australia queensland i was racing yesterday and i had the exact same symtoms as i was always trying to keep it tuned right i had to pull out for the day and i was quite annoyed and my motor runs in my mugen perfect so at this stage im goin to ditch the car.
Can you send your car to me if your going to ditch it?
Old 03-23-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default engine issue

hi mugen_kid

NTC3 still packs a punch and easy to drive, if we can solve the engine issue, it would be a blast to drive it.

i know there are some people on this board whom has solved this issue by installing a center pipe in the middle of the car.

but i'm unsure of how to go about it . i'm also hoping RC logic pipe would solve this engine issue..

i like the car but if the engine stall everytime i run, or cause over heating issue, i'm chuck it aside until someone come out with a better solution.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:24 PM

Hmm! Welcome to the NTC3 blues!! Everyone here told me there was no engine issues with the car and if you followed instructions the engine problems would go away. To me the car has some thermal problems. Changing to the center exhaust system and routing the air cleaner as far away from the head as possible has all but cured my engine problems. Why some cars have troubles and others don't, is beyond me!
When you guys have engine stalling problems and hard too start issues, have you ever noticed what the fuel in the carb supply line is doing? You can hold you finger over the exhaust outlet to prime the line and just watch it, the fuel will move to the carb and then when you release your finger the fuel runs back into the tank. Any ideas? This problem is do to crankshaft over heating..
Old 03-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: engine issue

Originally posted by fuse01
hi mugen_kid

NTC3 still packs a punch and easy to drive, if we can solve the engine issue, it would be a blast to drive it.

i know there are some people on this board whom has solved this issue by installing a center pipe in the middle of the car.

but i'm unsure of how to go about it . i'm also hoping RC logic pipe would solve this engine issue..

i like the car but if the engine stall everytime i run, or cause over heating issue, i'm chuck it aside until someone come out with a better solution.
Barry Baker lost a race in Hong Kong late last year due to overheating of his NTC3. However he recently won at Ft Myers so obviously they have fixed whatever problems they were having. Perhaps you could try an email Associated and ask them. I dont have a NTC3 but I have tried to tune these same problems out of a few other guys NTC3 at our track. I would like to know how to fix it!!
Old 03-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Sorry to hear about all your engine problems, mine ran great today after breaking it in. I did notice it either wasn't shifting into second gear or it was not very noticeable. I doubt it I have it adjusted right. Is it pretty obviouse or not?
Old 03-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

BBntc3.

wat you said i have seen, fuel just return back to the fuel tank from the cab itself.
What i learn is that when the engine over heat, the cab being so near to it also heats up and thus causing the fuel to be vapourized before it enter the cab.. basically the fuel is boiling when it enter the cab. and fuel will be rejected; IE car cannot start after 1 tank. Engine temp shoots sky high... i have tried to run a fater low end to combat this issue but the engine flood easily and stall and the responds to high speed is very very poor and tons of smoke pours out from the pipe chocking the engine and eventually killing it.

i hope to find a solution to combat this issue... i have read that RD new 1 pc pipe might be the cure but has anyone tried it yet?

i like the NTC3 but engine issue s putting me off. unless some folk can come out a 5 port nova side exhust for the ntc3.

or do i have to run a OS CVR side exhust for the NTC3?

please wise people advise me on what to do....

All our ntc3 driver are turing to mtx3 .....i'm the only few to still hold on.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:54 PM

Yea fuse I understand all that, what you call vaporize is do from the crank overheating. The crank is so hot the fuel vaporizes and the pressure is greater and thus making it run back into the tank.
Try a center exhaust deal, move the airfilter, and some people I know have cut out the left side window and used lexan to make a duct and move air to the back of the head and carb. Also the larger Zac project head helps.
I use Rb x12 5 port turbo and Richey RTU and RTO mugen mt12 engines, and I now have really no heating issues now.
I agree I wish someone did make a 5 port side exhaust engine, it would have saved me alot of time and money fixing the heating problem. The side exhaust engines seem to have no heating problems.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:14 PM

Anyone thought of insulating the header?? I had a problem like many of you have described and it turned out to be a piston and sleeve that was too tight on an RB X12. After I fixed that it ran like a top. When the p/s fit is too tight it will overheat itself, and when richened it will stall. Try a picco based .12, or get a buddy to let you run a known good engine. Also swap out the fuel tank, and drill a hole and use the second chamber of the pipe for pressure. Hold on to that NTC3 fuse, it will walk all over the belt cars.

Last edited by OB42TC3; 03-23-2003 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what center pipe are you guys talking about?..

to be honest,and I said this last year...we run about 10 of these cars...almost all of us run RB turbos(3 and 5 port)....we found the engines a little crankier than normal...but they all ran good..

I noticed a change when I switched to the new tank....it just seemed to make the engine a little easier to tune....but old tank or new....teh engines always ran between 230 and 270..

insead of ditching the car,why not try a different tank....and pop a HPI savage Motor saver air filter on it...(it swings the aircleaner into the center of the car)...
Old 03-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Well i cant put hte Brakes on 100 the reason why is if i do the Engine Position will pull it self to the right if you were looking behind it.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

BBNTC3,

do you think the Rd logic pipe will solve the engine issue ?

can you give a break down on how to make the center pipe.?
i saw the pics but i cant figer out how to mount it.

thanks.

i like the nTC3 but i wont run it until i solve the engine issue, i dont want my JP5 nova to die of heat.

in the mean time can the cvr 15 side exhust fit the ntc3?
Old 03-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what do you think the OFNA LD guys are gonna do?...
Old 03-23-2003, 09:19 PM

I use the mugen tank on my car also, thats the first thing I changed when I thought it was a fuel delivery problem.
The pipe deal is no biggy, use a stock AE mani and bend it up alittle, then cut about 1/2 inch off it, buy a ofna or gs 45 exhaust coupler. Take a good pipe and cut the stinger off flush with the pipe, tap in 1/8th or 1/16 pipe thread, drill a hole in the rear or the pipe and get a piece of 1/4 " alum pipe with a 5.5mm inside diameter , tap the hole in the pipe and tap thread the alum tubing and thread it in the end. make sure you put the hole in the lower bottom of the pipe for the new stinger. The mip stinger has too much low end torque for my modded engines but the rex pipe works very good.
The RD pipe may help the problem but I don't think its a fix. It will make better power and have less back pressure I would think, the AE pipe is too long.

Last edited by bbntc3; 03-23-2003 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:39 PM

Default center exhaust

deleted

Last edited by bbntc3; 03-23-2003 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:07 PM

center exhaust
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-dsc00022.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.