Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by bbntc3
Freeing up the driveline? I did'nt know you could get it much better! It's nothing like the Electric TC3 drivetrain as far as freeness goes.
Brake arm brgs and steering rack brgs, tank mods and exhaust pressure outlet mods are the first mods or hopups I would be interested in.
I know the NTC3 forum is long, but all the tips and tricks you need are in the back pages. Just take your time and read.
Don't forget the steering servo spring mod. The part # I can't remember but I think it was a slipper spring for a RC10GT.
Old 02-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Your best bet for technical tracks would be a MT12. They ahve great bottom end torque for faster acceleration. Top End speed shouldnt be too important although the MT12 is also very quick
Old 02-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Engine for ntc3

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
Planning to buy a new engine for my ntc3. Choosing between OD 12TR and novamega 3p. Please advise recommendations. I plan to race and our track is technical with less straights.

When you said "OD 12TR" I'm assuming you mean O.S. and not O'donnell.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Engine for ntc3

Originally posted by Bryan N.
When you said "OD 12TR" I'm assuming you mean O.S. and not O'donnell.
Yes its OS 12TR, typo error.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

James - the same tricks for the drivetrain that you use on the TC3 apply to the NTC3 as well.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks jack.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jwf_frani
hey brett i hope you like the items anyway if
you have problems with it just pm me i check it
every 2-3 days.

another tip for tc3 owners i suggest putting
heat shrink on the cvds where to pin goes through
you would have to dremel some of the plastic inside
the hub for clearance issues but it is much more
reliable with the heat shrink.
yeah man i got all my shit and its great ,
its all on the car and looks great
the chassis is heaps good

the only issues i had was the bearings binding that are on the out drives becasue there wasent reeseses for the beaings so it wouldnt rub on the side of the diff cases but i fixed it up(if u look at your stock diff cases and your alloy ones u will c what i mean) i also got all the paint of the bearing races and i had to grind a bit off the chasis suports, and had to take a tiny bit off my upper rear arm becasue it was hitting the out drive

great service
Old 02-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Do you think the Tc3 nitro is to brittle to race on a boards type track?...

I might be doing that in a couple months...I've been running with fire hose for the last year,and it has never broken....If you guys don't think so,I'll start getting my Impulse ready....
Old 02-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by fastharry

I might be doing that in a couple months...I've been running with fire hose for the last year,and it has never broken....If you guys don't think so,I'll start getting my Impulse ready....
Car doesn't like to boards too much. Ran in englishtown last year once or twice. Car can take some light hits usually ok. Depends on the angles you hit. Smacks to the boards are not a good thing. Lord knows I should know. Early last summer I thought I was ready. NOT. Now I would not have a problem there. Only you know how well you can handle the car.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

anything better that you can think of?....Is the Impulse that much stronger..or the new Mugen?....what were the guys running with you?...
Old 02-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

I was a newbie back then, but there was a serpant there that handled almost like an electric. 1st time I ever saw a mod engine too. He told me he was changing it for the Ntc3. Not from there but just bashing, the mugens are more like tanks compared to the tc3. Funny thing about the tc3.It can take one hell of a hit in the rear. Pls don't ask how I know. Unfortunely we do not hit boards with the rear. Like you, I do most of my running with hoses. This year I plan on entering races. Hope englishtown reopens
Old 02-12-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Default frewer porsche

Love this body. Its the one I presently run. I used the a lola body before this. The Lola may have been a little better on the straights, whlie I believe the porsche handles a little better in the turns. A must when dealing with the impacts.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

What is the difference between the electric tc3 diffs and the nitro tc3 diffs? If there is one.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastharry

I've run mine at Revelation along with a lot of others and it did (and does) fine. . .it's a board track.

racerdx6 - there are a lot of differences. They are not interchangeable.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

hey,then let me ask you all a question..

How did(does) the tc3 have(or gotten) such a bad rap for briitleness,bad gears,tank problems,HIGH maintenance,etc..

I know the engines were harder to tune in some instances(mine ran fine with the old tank,but the new one DID help ease of tuning)....but bad gears?......maybe in a 1 hour race the one way gears went first time out, but HIGH maintence?...

I have to be honest....10 of us ran the crap out of these car last year....and we ALL had RB 5 port turbos....AND we race on a big 125 ft track..with a 95 ft strait...I've gotten wacked,hit,T boned etc...I cracked a tank one time...NO ARMS,SHOCKRTOWERS etc...all I did was red loctite the towres,and they NEVER came loose....

my car never even went out of tweak..I rebuilt one diff after 3/4 gallon of gas....honest to god...thse car was so maintence free,I built an HPI SS just to have something to do....

It seems that as soon as some yahoo comes out with how bad the car is,10 people say NOPE..no problems here..

Then again..some guys are complaining about the belts snapping on the new Mugen...those are the former HPI>MTX2>TC3>MTX3 and sonn to be HPI pro car customers who complain about everything and don't realize they are the problem...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.