Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hpi

We have the rs43 ss too. It is my sons car. I used to read Harrys and Katz suggestons and think. All I have to do is add this, and all I have to do is add that. Then I figured, WHY, I already have the real deal. TC3 Baby . My son outgrew it too. The only thing hpi had going for them was our forum, but I guess we scared them. Ntc3 all the way.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by fastharry
thats true....but he could not have included Mugen even if he wanted to......

Modeller...you have races to win...Tc3 already are and have...

PS,Don't forget to bring some front belts...
What makes you say I have races to win. I dominated 1:8th on-road here for several years and I am a contender in 200mm as well now. I dont have anything to prove.

As for front belts. I haven't broke a belt on my Yokomo yet in 3 yrs. And I run solid axles front and rear.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

All we basically see here on tc3s are foams. Hardly anyone even tires rubbers.
Old 02-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, I did forget Yokomo, they deserve their props.

fastharry, Here's a copy of the post I sent 'em, enjoy:

"Things are different all over the world guys. I have no doubt that in Europe, Serpent rules. In the Far East, I am sure it’s Mugen and Yokomo. But on the same note, what else has there been in a high quality, professional kit until recently? How available is the NTC3 and it’s support equipment to you guys over seas? The 200mm nitro sedan class is so new, and in such a constant state of development, that manufacturers are always going to be taking “the next step”, making “the next best thing”. But what really changes? What failed on all the other cars at the Worlds that “gave” AE the win? The new Serpent had a transmission failure, a common problem with those cars, right? I don’t think anyone else had problems other than that, besides the AE guys. Mark finished the last 45 minutes of the race with no return spring on his steering, does that qualify as a problem? Everyone had an equal chance at our Nationals, and at the Worlds. The fact remains that AE TQ’d both, placed 6 cars in the “A” at the Nationals, 4 cars in the “A” at the Worlds, and won the Worlds, with a car that was barely 6 months old. They deserve respect, especially in a class “dominated” by belt driven cars. None of the NTC3 owners claim that their car is the “end all”, it’s simply at least as good as anything else."
Old 02-06-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

I'm not worthy...

thanks
Old 02-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have had my share of defending the NTC3. Honestly, I am sick of it all. The constant bashing really leaves something to be desired. I am just going to start asking "Who won the Worlds again? Oh yeah, that's right, we did!", or "Hey, who just TQ'd that last big race (insert any national event here)? Oh yeah, we did!"

I have had alot of pressure from friends this winter to jump ship, one of them is sponsered by Mugen and he has converted a few of the less die hard guys. No doubt the Mugen is a nice car, but I have to give the NTC3 a chance. I think it will only get better. The best reason for me to keep the car you ask? Last year was my first year of nitro racing, at an upcoming club meeting I will be crowned 200mm Club Champ for 2002. It doesn't get much better than that. No matter who the Worlds winner was, the car works for ME.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:08 PM

Since you guys are on the subject again, I'd like to get some opinions here. When AE was in early designing and testing the NTC3,they took the car to the Nats and it was not allowed to race because the car was not released to the public yet.
AE goes to the Nats the next year, the car won't make HP unless its raced at 300 + Temps, and they had diff gear melt downs like crazy. They still had a good showing but no win.
So its back to the drawing board, Ae comes up with a Delrin gears set that will last, which has not been released to the public and is for drivers only. Resulting in a win!
Now do you guys think that was fare ? I know alot of companys use stuff that is for drivers only for R&D purposes, but?
I think it should be available to everyone before they can be allowed to use it in major events.
To me the Delrin gears played a very important role in AE's win.
What do you guys think? Or I'm I looking at this wrong? BB

Last edited by bbntc3; 02-06-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:21 PM

NTC3NUT: its like anything else, when the car came out it was fast a hell and easy to tune so everybody jumped on the fast wagon. Now after everyone has had time to sort it out and have figured out the car is'nt the greatest car ever built and just because it qualifys great, that it is the only car out there now. So people are switching back to other cars.
Hell by your post we know you are die hard NTC3 so thats ok, what ever works for ya! right? Let it rest!
This site is turning into another HPI site! And you know what happened to it!
Old 02-06-2003, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think anyone ran into gear problems unless they where running a one-way. I do agree that AE should give up the delrin gears, everyone should have access to anything the Factory guys run. Make it a ROAR rule and see how fast they fall in line.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

I totally agree with you. Parts shouldnt be just made available to the Works drivers. It really turns the hobby into politics as only a few chosen people can dominate. I reckon their are a lot of guys who attend these meetings who could win if given equal equipment.

But it boils down to the manufacturers not wanting their factory guys (all racing for free) to get a good ass whooping by some Joe Bloggs thats not known in the RC World.

I think its called publicity.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
All we basically see here on tc3s are foams. Hardly anyone even tires rubbers.
i dont wanan sound like i am on hpi fellas side but i run both foams and rubbers (i run them for differnt tracks, i have had great results on both) i love my ntc3 i have it setup how i want, i couldnt be happeir with this car

NTC3NUT shouldnt u have some tubing over them screws that are holding your shock tower down ?????? as it is there is nothing holding that side of the diff case down ????

yeah i also think that if there are derlin gears out there they should be for everybody
Old 02-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

A couple of things - this SITE won't be like an HPI site, but this THREAD is definitely Pro-AE. . .duh, it's CALLED RC10NTC3. . . there's a thread that's pro GT4, pro MTX3, etc. . . That's what threads are for. . .

BB - team drivers always have things that are not available. . .go to electric and try to get cells and motors like they have. . .you can't. Serpent drivers have things that haven't been released yet, Yok drivers (I know Barry did when he drove for them, I saw his stuff at SoCal), etc. Shoot, HPI drivers have all SORTS of neato stuff that nobody else has. . . So don't expect AE drivers to be driving stock cars. . . Shoot, do I expect Richard Burns to drive a stock Peugeot?

Defending the NTC3 is not necessary any more than defending the MTX3 is. . .although it is interesting that the other cars slam US more than we slam them. . .funny that!
Old 02-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Brett
yeah i also think that if there are derlin gears out there they should be for everybody [/B]
Seems to be my biggest complaint about AE. I understand that all cars have their drawback. They seem to never admit there is any type of problems, but there drivers all seem to get the fixes we all need. They should realize, we are on their side. Take care of the public too. Without us, there is no company.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Very true statement Boomer.

While I wont hide the fact I'm not a NTC3 lover I do acknowledge they have their advantages. I dont hate the cars and I'm not slamming the car in general. I just have a thing against shaft drive

But in saying that the works drivers will always have parts that the public wont but then again I have stuff on my Yokomo that the works drivers will never have. It can work both ways.

On a more friendly topic. A colleague of mine from Cali (Steve Muller) has produced a really trick looking lightened chassis for the NTC3. If anyone is wanting one he is doing them for $15. IMHO, they look really nice.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=246796

This is a picture of the prototype he did from the stock chassis.

Last edited by modellor; 02-06-2003 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com

Originally posted by Brett
i dont wanan sound like i am on hpi fellas side but i run both foams and rubbers (i run them for differnt tracks, i have had great results on both) i love my ntc3 i have it setup how i want, i couldnt be happeir with this car

NTC3NUT shouldnt u have some tubing over them screws that are holding your shock tower down ?????? as it is there is nothing holding that side of the diff case down ????

yeah i also think that if there are derlin gears out there they should be for everybody

BRETT...how popular,and how well does the Tc3 do in the Foam tire classes over(under ) there?....

AMG racer,a mate of yours from Brisbane,stated in the HPI R40 thread,that the tc3,although OK in pullstart class and rubber tires is not used in Foam classes(that being dominated by Mugens and Kyoshos's)..

can I get your thoughts?....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.