Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

we have to get our hands on some derlin diff gears bb hook me up
Old 01-28-2003, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

brett help out a fellow Aussie if you can get derlin tranny gears, please let me know
Old 01-28-2003, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

i am not one to keep info from anybody

when i find out ill let ya know

hot news too rd logdics will have there ntc3 alloy set out this week

the set includes a alloy chassis, 4 alloy chassis suports, 2 alloy shock towers and 2 alloy diff cases top and bottem for 100 usd

dont buy em all out i want one set
Old 01-28-2003, 03:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

brett I am currently waiting for the K factory stuff to arrive, it is supposed to be coming in the country in the next week or so. I've had it on order for about 2.5 months now and am starting to get impatient with the importer rcmodelcars in Perth, he keeps saying to be patient but how long do you have to wait. Any way Dei-Rossi Hobbies in Campletown is the east coast suppiler for the K-Factory stuff if your interested. Also Brett do you know anything about the new RB X12 Rody tuned 3 port motor, is it any good, I'm trying to get my hands on one at the moment from Dei-Rossi Hobbies but am getting no answers to my emails, it frustating living in Brisbane were everyone at the local club are Nova heads and won't accept any motor for what it's merits are, anyway any info would be appreicated

Old 01-28-2003, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

hey if i need anything ill let ya know thanks for offering
cool
yeah i heard they are a real power house
Old 01-28-2003, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by ilaybrk
again I not trying to start a battle I said I race A ntc3 a tc3 a12l3 at3 agt and a mp7.5 other than my mp7.5 that is a lot of asc cars I just said a ntc3 car seemed to me did not hold up as well as some other cars weather it is a 13 year old newbee or if it is barry driving it and again I said I went a lap faster on almost every track I have been to.But I have also striped more diff gears and other broken parts were I had to bow out of a race. just rember we all drove other nitro 12 cars till asc came out with there car. so all you guys dont have to beet me up on this thread I am ntc3 racer so pick on the guys still driving thoes belt cars

nah..I'm not bustin' you.....I'm glad you run a tc3....I jst found it strange you broke those parts....I'm not saying they are the best design,but I've found that the towers break because they come loose.....mine came loose.......I staretd with a fresh gearbox,used RED loctite,that was that...no loose,no break,WAY fast..

you can come race with us anytime..

PS....you sound like me on the HPI forums...talk about a car that needs help
Old 01-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by finchy
Hey bbntc3,

You're absolutly right AE could do a lot better, there online service in my opion is shit. I run a Ntc3 at my club in Australia and it's a fast car but it has taken me 3-4 months to get a decent and competetive setup for the car. Recently I asked the AE NTC3 forum about the pressure nipple the factory drivers put in their exhaust pipes, what advantage this causes, and the answer from AE was "because they wanted that fitting there". I say that's crap, Factory drivers don't do stuff like that for looks. The car has faults that's fine why don't AE admit it. The other subject about breaking shock towers, diff gears, etc. I've have personally had no problems with breakages besides fuel tanks ( 4 infact) all which split along the seam, once again after emailing AE all they could say was stop hitting the boards. Now this is not the first nitro touring car I've owned or raced , AE might have the the current world title, but I can bet the cars the Factory Drivers have is not the same as what you get of the hobby store shelf.

heres how I solved that tank problem.......I just stopped the muffler from hitting it....I used a small roll pin....bit any piece of steel would do....Take the roll pin,drill a tiny hole in the support,and put in in at an angle.....Make believe that teh bracket will slide over in a hit,and position teh pin so it won't....take a little CA,glue it it,and your done.....After this mod,I've gotten hit so hard,it dented my RE muffler,but it never hit teh tank....
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-chass.jpg  

Last edited by fastharry™; 01-28-2003 at 06:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

cool maby I have I raced at milvill and american raceway sory to here it closed did you race at either place last year
Old 01-28-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

well I guess the temp is starting to go up guess I should go lay some brick today I got to pay for these rc cars some how
Old 01-28-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ilaybrk
cool maby I have I raced at milvill and american raceway sory to here it closed did you race at either place last year

I lve in North jersey....the first time I ever ran with boards was at americen raceway...I won teh B main in Super nitro at teh HPI challenge..not bad,considering I got there Sun morning,had no practice,ran only 1 qualifing heat,started in 6th,and won it by over a lap......I hadn't heard they closed...so no racing anymore.or did someone buy teh track?....

btw,in teh NY HPI challenge last year,I took 4th in the a main in super,and 9th in a main in nitro mod...(that POS ss broke when I hit teh boards on teh 3 rd lap...see?...it happens to the best of us..)
Old 01-28-2003, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by finchy
brett I am currently waiting for the K factory stuff to arrive, it is supposed to be coming in the country in the next week or so. I've had it on order for about 2.5 months now and am starting to get impatient with the importer rcmodelcars in Perth, he keeps saying to be patient but how long do you have to wait. Any way Dei-Rossi Hobbies in Campletown is the east coast suppiler for the K-Factory stuff if your interested. Also Brett do you know anything about the new RB X12 Rody tuned 3 port motor, is it any good, I'm trying to get my hands on one at the moment from Dei-Rossi Hobbies but am getting no answers to my emails, it frustating living in Brisbane were everyone at the local club are Nova heads and won't accept any motor for what it's merits are, anyway any info would be appreicated

why don't you deal with the HS in Hong Kong. they usually have instock for k-factory stuff. I am aware that they have 7075 chassis, side brace, low CG fuel tank and some other aluminum hops up parts vy kfactory. the replenishment here are quick as they were made in taiwan.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fastharry
heres how I solved that tank problem.......I just stopped the muffler from hitting it....I used a small roll pin....bit any piece of steel would do....Take the roll pin,drill a tiny hole in the support,and put in in at an angle.....Make believe that teh bracket will slide over in a hit,and position teh pin so it won't....take a little CA,glue it it,and your done.....After this mod,I've gotten hit so hard,it dented my RE muffler,but it never hit teh tank....
try to put a k-factory side brace, it would cease the problem of hitting the fuel tank by the muffler. it also make the chassis more stiff......
Old 01-28-2003, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have asked a fellow racer about delrin gears for the transmission, possibly even aluminum or steel. He has been selling nice machined parts for the electric TC3. I will let you guys know as soon as I hear back.

bbntc3,
Relax man, I don't think anyone said the NTC3 was perfect, or even close to it. I have run plenty of 1/2 hour mains (longest my club runs), and have had no problems with the plastic gears, unless a one- way was involved. I solved that problem by selling my one-way! I would also like to say that the NTC3 exhaust works well enough to hold a few of the 200' straight top speeds radared at our track last year (52mph with a stock MT-12 @ 220deg, and 55mph with an JP RS12TS1 fitted with a non-turbo button @ 235deg). I don't know what temps the AE guys are running, but they TQ every event they show up at. With that exhaust. I will give you haters one thing though, their website SUCKS. Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT ever go there for advice. If AE has one major problem it's being upfront with the people that pay their bills. In that reguard they suck. I will never understand why they hold out on anyone. I mean, I can see it to a point, something like an R&D project that you don't want the compettion in on. But if it's common knowledge, release it and let us all in. Don't be asses about it, ARE YOU LISTENING AE, because I know you are.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah NTC3NUTS, well said...........I think AE website is almost as "GREAT" as the new HPI forum.........both of the forum taught me one thing "Don't ask them question, cause you are wasting your time...."

To be honest, the gears on my NTC3 did very good on me, and yes, I did not have 1-way and not planning to have one anyhow....I ran the 2.4 hour race and the only 2 things I broke are the TYPICAL shock tower garbage, and the legendary CVT joints..........but those are all my fault (accident with other cars then to the board)........I have no complaint your honor.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

100% with ya there! Their site is SLOW and not informative!!! If I want information I come HERE (or I talk to TonyP if I can find him - he actually gives information. . .)

Personally, I haven't had any problems with my gears, except for the spurs (picked up some crap and chewed them up), but my buddy spun his rear diff and melted it right out. We THOUGHT we had it set right . . . guess not.

Well, find out if we can get some delrin gears done. . .I would be happy to hear it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.