Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mugen Seiki

Hey guys,

I was just reading another thread "Beware! Is Mugen #1" and although I think that Hellion is a little messed up with anger and frustration it seems -well maybe a little more than that haha- there is however some truth to what he is saying.

Mugens support (MugenRacing) really is pretty poor. I know Kris Moore posted; and blah blah blah but you would have to figure it was just to stop bad publicity. Take both Kris Moore and Hellions posts with a grain of salt, minus a small chunk of the grain in Hellions support.

I and others, have sent emails to Mugen asking for support after purchasing their products, only to receive absolutely NO reply whatsoever. Was such a great pleasure to deal with them when I bought my MTX3 and had a problem with one of the bellcrank bearings. Uhmm, well no it wasn't actually because I never received a reply. I've sent maybe 2 or emails 3 since, with nothing. -a while ago now though-

I have since purchased a second Mugen kit (MBX5) this past weekend, so lets hope I don't have any troubles with this one. I doubt it, but if I do I'm not looking forward to the lack of support.

What gives?

About Novarossi sending engines with varying cranks, under the same label, that is just absurd unless they are different revisions of the engine.

Sounds like BS to me. Anyhow, just thought I would share my experience as well to let you know that although I think Hellion is a little far fetched -or something?- he does hint on a good point about Mugen's lack of support.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Without getting politcal........LET THIS ISSUE DIE!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Mugen Seiki

Originally posted by chorner
Hey guys,

I was just reading another thread "Beware! Is Mugen #1" and although I think that Hellion is a little messed up with anger and frustration it seems -well maybe a little more than that haha- there is however some truth to what he is saying.

Mugens support (MugenRacing) really is pretty poor. I know Kris Moore posted; and blah blah blah but you would have to figure it was just to stop bad publicity. Take both Kris Moore and Hellions posts with a grain of salt, minus a small chunk of the grain in Hellions support.

I and others, have sent emails to Mugen asking for support after purchasing their products, only to receive absolutely NO reply whatsoever. Was such a great pleasure to deal with them when I bought my MTX3 and had a problem with one of the bellcrank bearings. Uhmm, well no it wasn't actually because I never received a reply. I've sent maybe 2 or emails 3 since, with nothing. -a while ago now though-

I have since purchased a second Mugen kit (MBX5) this past weekend, so lets hope I don't have any troubles with this one. I doubt it, but if I do I'm not looking forward to the lack of support.

What gives?

About Novarossi sending engines with varying cranks, under the same label, that is just absurd unless they are different revisions of the engine.

Sounds like BS to me. Anyhow, just thought I would share my experience as well to let you know that although I think Hellion is a little far fetched -or something?- he does hint on a good point about Mugen's lack of support.
I would not give any comment to the hellion case as it should be settled between themself.

This thread is just pointless.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Well I guess I would agree its pointless .. in the sense that its dragging on a dead thread; but not so in the sense that the complaint is real.

Anyways, this is the last reply I will make in this thread. I wasn't involved in the last thread, I just wanted to state my experience though.

Anyways, take it as it is I'm out
Old 08-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

Like a true Thread Ninja you are chorner you come and leave!!
Old 08-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

As a general rule of thumb. If you have issues with someone/something, call those involved on the phone and talk to them directly. Do not rely on E-mail for an answer.

There are many many reasons why an e-mail could not have been read, responded too or maybe they never got the messages because of anti-virus checkers, spam assasins, ISP problems, etc...
Old 08-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manbik
As a general rule of thumb. If you have issues with someone/something, call those involved on the phone and talk to them directly. Do not rely on E-mail for an answer.

There are many many reasons why an e-mail could not have been read, responded too or maybe they never got the messages because of anti-virus checkers, spam assasins, ISP problems, etc...
Hey Manbik,

Great points!!! People get accustomed to using emails nowadays that they've forgotten what email stands for. "Electronic mail" that is. Phone and Fax is still a very reliable way in communications.

Remember, Communications is when there are at least 2 people transmit/receive information via a medium. And, such info would have to generate some sense, i.e. confusion, misunderstanding, understanding, etc.

If one sends email and receives no reply, one has not established a communication. What one should do? Select another medium? Revise and regenerate the info? etc.

I'll leave it and stop right here. The rest one can use his/her common sense of what to do.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

the crank thing is fact not fiction!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manbik
Definately got to agree with this. I emailed Calandra Racing early last year about getting Track Magnet tires shipped to Florida to the villa my dad had rented. I got no reply or anything and thought that service was poor. A week after my dad got home I actually got an email from Frank Jr. asking if I had mixed up my dates in the email or something. He was very apologetic and his customer service is excellent.

Point being. Emails are like ordinary post. They can be delayed or get lost wither temporarily or permanently.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by modellor
Definately got to agree with this. I emailed Calandra Racing early last year about getting Track Magnet tires shipped to Florida to the villa my dad had rented. I got no reply or anything and thought that service was poor. A week after my dad got home I actually got an email from Frank Jr. asking if I had mixed up my dates in the email or something. He was very apologetic and his customer service is excellent.

Point being. Emails are like ordinary post. They can be delayed or get lost wither temporarily or permanently.
thats why there is the option of having a read recipt!! i use it all the time if it is important, or you want proof its read, it also lets the other end know your whatching!
Old 08-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

True enough ... email can be delayed; I would have to agree.

I did however call (long distance albeit) to MugenRacing, and I guess I missed them as I received no answer. I never bothered to call back; and instead sent a couple more emails.

Saves me the nice long distance bill E-mail is there for a reason. Why give out email contact as an option if it will not be used? Email tends to cut man-hours down as a phone conversation tends to take much longer per person then responding to email.

Imagine if Kris Moore had to call everybody on this forum with the information he posted in the other thread; to whipe away any possible bad publicity. Press releases, heard of them? Email may also accomplish the same goal, as well as on a personal level being able to reach individuals quickly and usually more efficiently.
I for one, know customer support is better via email then phone .. as working in customer support over the phone tends to induce more stress on employees than casually responding to emails.

I know I said I wouldn't reply .... but, I guess I lied haha couldn't help it!
Old 08-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Chorner… I don’t want to have to come on a defend Mugen Seiki Racing or myself every time I post. If you did email and didn’t get a response, there must have been a problem with us receiving it. We have to emails that we respond to on a daily basis: [email protected] and [email protected] . We answer all calls from 8 am PST to 12 pm noon, then 1 pm to 5 pm PST. We do not answer during lunch break. I know we have some problems just like other company in the RC business but at least we are on the chat lines trying to help people out and respond to good and bad posts. For us here at Mugen Seiki Racing we would rather speak to someone on the phone than through emails every day. Its much easier to help someone out who has any questions by personally speaking to them than to guess what their email means.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default I can't stop laughing

I read the letter that Chris Moore posted recently, and it pretty much borders on fiction. His attempt at damage control for shipping sub-standard parts is a valaint effort to save face, but still lacks the truth. Although roughly 10% of his version is accurate, the rest are outright lies. Chris may have the big, prestigious name of Mugen-Seiki on his side, but I have the truth . If he doesn't want to have to defend his company, his co-workers, and his products on R/C websites, then maybe he should "make-good" with customers when a defective or missing part is shipped. Sure, there are those who side with Chris and Mugen on this issue, and that's fine; but when you can't race because you're troubleshooting your car and can't figure out why it runs like crap, then you can contact me and I'll give you Chris' number. Therein will lie your problem "the end"
Old 08-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Kris, its great you've posted a reply to yet another 'bash' thread as it may seem, but I will mention that alot of people would be deterred from phoning as you do not have a 1 800(toll free) number. I for one am; but figured I would give it a try as my emails were not being responded to.

I have sent email (a couple months ago, atleast) to support at both those listed addresses you have given me to no avail. I guess they were misrouted? <sarcasm> (I don't think so ...)

Anyways, I don't know about every other company in the RC business. HPI, Traxxas, Serpent and Associated do not have problems responding. -I don't even own an HPI or Traxxas kit, and they've still replied within 48hours- so I don't know what you're talking about 'every other RC company'.

AE for one, reccomends you read their FAQ, post on the B4 talk forum, e-mail THEN call if you cannot find the information you need. What does that tell you? Perhaps its just Mugen Seiki who would like to speak on the phone rather then having a web presence .. not that there is anything wrong with this; just that the fact is Mugen supplies contact addresses, and a web site? That might strike some as odd I guess.

Anyways, Kris, Mugen or anybody else ... you should not need to defend Mugen's support in the first place. There should be nothing to defend. If there is, well it obviously means something is not being done to its full potential.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cartman
the crank thing is fact not fiction!!!!
As for the e-mail thing you are wright we get a hundred e-mails in a day some attached with a virus, along with our normal work load sorry they can't all be answerd.
If anyone has any question regarding Mugen produuct as I staded before on this thread give me a call I'll be more than happy to help. (949-707-5607)

I will only reply to what happend once.

Some people are to rude and out of contoll, you can beleive what you want all can say is some people will say or do what ever it takes to get what they want, this is nothing new for it happens all the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.