R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 226
Default Mugen Seiki

Hey guys,

I was just reading another thread "Beware! Is Mugen #1" and although I think that Hellion is a little messed up with anger and frustration it seems -well maybe a little more than that haha- there is however some truth to what he is saying.

Mugens support (MugenRacing) really is pretty poor. I know Kris Moore posted; and blah blah blah but you would have to figure it was just to stop bad publicity. Take both Kris Moore and Hellions posts with a grain of salt, minus a small chunk of the grain in Hellions support.

I and others, have sent emails to Mugen asking for support after purchasing their products, only to receive absolutely NO reply whatsoever. Was such a great pleasure to deal with them when I bought my MTX3 and had a problem with one of the bellcrank bearings. Uhmm, well no it wasn't actually because I never received a reply. I've sent maybe 2 or emails 3 since, with nothing. -a while ago now though-

I have since purchased a second Mugen kit (MBX5) this past weekend, so lets hope I don't have any troubles with this one. I doubt it, but if I do I'm not looking forward to the lack of support.

What gives?

About Novarossi sending engines with varying cranks, under the same label, that is just absurd unless they are different revisions of the engine.

Sounds like BS to me. Anyhow, just thought I would share my experience as well to let you know that although I think Hellion is a little far fetched -or something?- he does hint on a good point about Mugen's lack of support.
chorner is offline  
Old 08-11-2003, 07:25 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Richmond, Va
Posts: 679
Default

Without getting politcal........LET THIS ISSUE DIE!!!!!!!!!
tekrsq is offline  
Old 08-11-2003, 07:28 PM   #3
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Mugen Seiki

Quote:
Originally posted by chorner
Hey guys,

I was just reading another thread "Beware! Is Mugen #1" and although I think that Hellion is a little messed up with anger and frustration it seems -well maybe a little more than that haha- there is however some truth to what he is saying.

Mugens support (MugenRacing) really is pretty poor. I know Kris Moore posted; and blah blah blah but you would have to figure it was just to stop bad publicity. Take both Kris Moore and Hellions posts with a grain of salt, minus a small chunk of the grain in Hellions support.

I and others, have sent emails to Mugen asking for support after purchasing their products, only to receive absolutely NO reply whatsoever. Was such a great pleasure to deal with them when I bought my MTX3 and had a problem with one of the bellcrank bearings. Uhmm, well no it wasn't actually because I never received a reply. I've sent maybe 2 or emails 3 since, with nothing. -a while ago now though-

I have since purchased a second Mugen kit (MBX5) this past weekend, so lets hope I don't have any troubles with this one. I doubt it, but if I do I'm not looking forward to the lack of support.

What gives?

About Novarossi sending engines with varying cranks, under the same label, that is just absurd unless they are different revisions of the engine.

Sounds like BS to me. Anyhow, just thought I would share my experience as well to let you know that although I think Hellion is a little far fetched -or something?- he does hint on a good point about Mugen's lack of support.
I would not give any comment to the hellion case as it should be settled between themself.

This thread is just pointless.
Manticore is offline  
Old 08-11-2003, 07:45 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 226
Default

Well I guess I would agree its pointless .. in the sense that its dragging on a dead thread; but not so in the sense that the complaint is real.


Anyways, this is the last reply I will make in this thread. I wasn't involved in the last thread, I just wanted to state my experience though.

Anyways, take it as it is I'm out
chorner is offline  
Old 08-11-2003, 08:15 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
FAST1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 246
Cool

Like a true Thread Ninja you are chorner you come and leave!!
FAST1 is offline  
Old 08-11-2003, 08:45 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Manbik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sin City
Posts: 142
Default

As a general rule of thumb. If you have issues with someone/something, call those involved on the phone and talk to them directly. Do not rely on E-mail for an answer.

There are many many reasons why an e-mail could not have been read, responded too or maybe they never got the messages because of anti-virus checkers, spam assasins, ISP problems, etc...
Manbik is offline  
Old 08-11-2003, 09:48 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
eddiethefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Montebello, California
Posts: 1,658
Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
As a general rule of thumb. If you have issues with someone/something, call those involved on the phone and talk to them directly. Do not rely on E-mail for an answer.

There are many many reasons why an e-mail could not have been read, responded too or maybe they never got the messages because of anti-virus checkers, spam assasins, ISP problems, etc...
Hey Manbik,

Great points!!! People get accustomed to using emails nowadays that they've forgotten what email stands for. "Electronic mail" that is. Phone and Fax is still a very reliable way in communications.

Remember, Communications is when there are at least 2 people transmit/receive information via a medium. And, such info would have to generate some sense, i.e. confusion, misunderstanding, understanding, etc.

If one sends email and receives no reply, one has not established a communication. What one should do? Select another medium? Revise and regenerate the info? etc.

I'll leave it and stop right here. The rest one can use his/her common sense of what to do.
eddiethefish is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 02:03 AM   #8
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

the crank thing is fact not fiction!!!!
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 11:16 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
modellor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
There are many many reasons why an e-mail could not have been read, responded too or maybe they never got the messages because of anti-virus checkers, spam assasins, ISP problems, etc...
Definately got to agree with this. I emailed Calandra Racing early last year about getting Track Magnet tires shipped to Florida to the villa my dad had rented. I got no reply or anything and thought that service was poor. A week after my dad got home I actually got an email from Frank Jr. asking if I had mixed up my dates in the email or something. He was very apologetic and his customer service is excellent.

Point being. Emails are like ordinary post. They can be delayed or get lost wither temporarily or permanently.
modellor is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 11:23 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
Definately got to agree with this. I emailed Calandra Racing early last year about getting Track Magnet tires shipped to Florida to the villa my dad had rented. I got no reply or anything and thought that service was poor. A week after my dad got home I actually got an email from Frank Jr. asking if I had mixed up my dates in the email or something. He was very apologetic and his customer service is excellent.

Point being. Emails are like ordinary post. They can be delayed or get lost wither temporarily or permanently.
thats why there is the option of having a read recipt!! i use it all the time if it is important, or you want proof its read, it also lets the other end know your whatching!
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 03:00 PM   #11
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 226
Default

True enough ... email can be delayed; I would have to agree.

I did however call (long distance albeit) to MugenRacing, and I guess I missed them as I received no answer. I never bothered to call back; and instead sent a couple more emails.

Saves me the nice long distance bill E-mail is there for a reason. Why give out email contact as an option if it will not be used? Email tends to cut man-hours down as a phone conversation tends to take much longer per person then responding to email.

Imagine if Kris Moore had to call everybody on this forum with the information he posted in the other thread; to whipe away any possible bad publicity. Press releases, heard of them? Email may also accomplish the same goal, as well as on a personal level being able to reach individuals quickly and usually more efficiently.
I for one, know customer support is better via email then phone .. as working in customer support over the phone tends to induce more stress on employees than casually responding to emails.

I know I said I wouldn't reply .... but, I guess I lied haha couldn't help it!
chorner is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 04:02 PM   #12
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4
Default

ChornerÖ I donít want to have to come on a defend Mugen Seiki Racing or myself every time I post. If you did email and didnít get a response, there must have been a problem with us receiving it. We have to emails that we respond to on a daily basis: [email protected] and [email protected] . We answer all calls from 8 am PST to 12 pm noon, then 1 pm to 5 pm PST. We do not answer during lunch break. I know we have some problems just like other company in the RC business but at least we are on the chat lines trying to help people out and respond to good and bad posts. For us here at Mugen Seiki Racing we would rather speak to someone on the phone than through emails every day. Its much easier to help someone out who has any questions by personally speaking to them than to guess what their email means.
Kris Moore is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 05:19 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
HELLION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Default I can't stop laughing

I read the letter that Chris Moore posted recently, and it pretty much borders on fiction. His attempt at damage control for shipping sub-standard parts is a valaint effort to save face, but still lacks the truth. Although roughly 10% of his version is accurate, the rest are outright lies. Chris may have the big, prestigious name of Mugen-Seiki on his side, but I have the truth . If he doesn't want to have to defend his company, his co-workers, and his products on R/C websites, then maybe he should "make-good" with customers when a defective or missing part is shipped. Sure, there are those who side with Chris and Mugen on this issue, and that's fine; but when you can't race because you're troubleshooting your car and can't figure out why it runs like crap, then you can contact me and I'll give you Chris' number. Therein will lie your problem "the end"
HELLION is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 05:40 PM   #14
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 226
Default

Kris, its great you've posted a reply to yet another 'bash' thread as it may seem, but I will mention that alot of people would be deterred from phoning as you do not have a 1 800(toll free) number. I for one am; but figured I would give it a try as my emails were not being responded to.

I have sent email (a couple months ago, atleast) to support at both those listed addresses you have given me to no avail. I guess they were misrouted? <sarcasm> (I don't think so ...)


Anyways, I don't know about every other company in the RC business. HPI, Traxxas, Serpent and Associated do not have problems responding. -I don't even own an HPI or Traxxas kit, and they've still replied within 48hours- so I don't know what you're talking about 'every other RC company'.

AE for one, reccomends you read their FAQ, post on the B4 talk forum, e-mail THEN call if you cannot find the information you need. What does that tell you? Perhaps its just Mugen Seiki who would like to speak on the phone rather then having a web presence .. not that there is anything wrong with this; just that the fact is Mugen supplies contact addresses, and a web site? That might strike some as odd I guess.

Anyways, Kris, Mugen or anybody else ... you should not need to defend Mugen's support in the first place. There should be nothing to defend. If there is, well it obviously means something is not being done to its full potential.
chorner is offline  
Old 08-12-2003, 05:52 PM   #15
Tech Master
 
ROBBIE C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sunny Cali race land.
Posts: 1,217
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Cartman
the crank thing is fact not fiction!!!!
As for the e-mail thing you are wright we get a hundred e-mails in a day some attached with a virus, along with our normal work load sorry they can't all be answerd.
If anyone has any question regarding Mugen produuct as I staded before on this thread give me a call I'll be more than happy to help. (949-707-5607)

I will only reply to what happend once.

Some people are to rude and out of contoll, you can beleive what you want all can say is some people will say or do what ever it takes to get what they want, this is nothing new for it happens all the time.
ROBBIE C is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW MUGEN SEIKI MTX-4 FREELANCE_RCer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 10-03-2006 09:47 PM
Mugen Seiki MST-1 Michael_90 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 09-28-2006 12:50 AM
F/S Mugen Seiki MBX 5 ntro75 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 60 03-02-2006 04:33 PM
NEW MUGEN SEIKI MTX-4 chris-steele R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-14-2005 06:56 AM
Mugen Seiki MTX 2 2Hard2Handle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-05-2003 09:29 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net